Chapter 15

DEAN

I was sick of it. Sick of people bullying. Sick of people bullying Cas. So I decided to go to his school Monday morning, right before school started.

"Dean, I don't know if this is a good idea." Cas says hesitantly. I park my car in his schools parking lot and look over at him. "Cas, they are telling you to kill yourself, that is not okay!" I say, angry, not at Cas but at the bullies who said it to him.

I push open my door and step out of my car. I stepped right in a puddle. I grunt.

Cas gets out and he follows me up to his school. "Who is it that said to you that you should kill yourself?" I ask. He clears his throat. "Jeremiah. Well and his 'group' of friends." He says. "I'll bring you to where they hang out." He says walking in front of me. We turn a corner then he stops. I almost run into him. He nods his head down the hall. "Kay, stay here." I say giving Cas a quick kiss on the cheek.

I walk down a hall to a group of six people. "Who's Jeremiah?" I ask. They are talking to loud for them to hear me. "Who, is Jeremiah?" I ask again, raising my voice. They fall quiet, a few mumbling, and turn to me. A few look over to a boy who is standing in the corner. I look at him with raised eyebrows. He stands up straighter. He is about my height, African-American, dreaded hair, and wears sagging pants with a white t-shirt. "Who's asking?" He asks. "Dean Winchester. Castiel Novak's boyfriend. You're the one that told him to kill himself?" I say staring at him. "Mmm. So you're Castiel's boyfriend." He says. "You are the one who told him to kill himself, correct?" I ask, again. "So, maybe I am. What you gonna do about it, fag?." He says. Other people have gathered around, already. Some whispering. And a few say, "Ooh." I grab his shirt and shove him up to the wall.

One of his 'friends' that is a girl says, "Hey! Why don't you back off?" She says. I look at her. She is small, blonde hair, blue eyes, pierced nose, and wears way to much makeup. "And why don't you shut-up and stay the hell out of it girl." I say the turn back to Jeremiah. I hear her grunt.

"Listen here:-AND THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE-if I get told that my boyfriend is getting told to kill himself or anything else like that I will come and set your ass straight." I say, anger taking over my body. Jeremiah, stares at me, angry and scared. I let him go and turn around. I step forward and wait for people to move out of my way. People laugh. Then, out of instinct, I turn around grabbing Jeremiah's fist which was mid-air about to punch me. My fist collides with his cheek bone then I knee him in the stomach. He leans over clutching his stomach. "I wasn't fucking around." I say. He looks up at me. "You're messing with the wrong fucking person, bitch." He says. "No. You were when you bullied my boyfriend, bitch."

I walk down the hall. I don't look at Cas I just touch his shoulder briefly and say; "C'mon let's go, we're skipping school today."

~

I grab his hand and watch our feet swing as we sit on the train bridge. "Do you ever want to just jump?" I ask. I glance at him, he looks confused. "Like, for the rush of it, as if you wouldn't die from it...?" I explain. He shrugs. "Never really thought of it, but now that I do it seems pretty tempting." He says. He squeezes my hand hard as he leans over to look straight down at the rushing water. "Don't fall!" I shout as I push him lightly then quickly wrap my arm around his waist so he won't. "Dean!" He screams. "Ugh I hate you!" He says with a smile. "I know." I say. He puts an arm around my shoulder and I lean into him, resting my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes. "You tell me if Jeremiah starts picking on you again-or anyone." I mumble. I move my head some so my face his buried in his shirt. I breathe him in. The most pleasant smell ever. "I will." He promises.

"How's that for a rush?" I hear Cas say. I don't remember falling asleep. I look up, confused. "Dean we got to get up, now." He says. Then I hear a train horn. "Shit." I mutter.

Not again.

I get up quickly and nearly all off the bridge, and would've if Cas hadn't grabbed my shoulders. "Go, go, go!" Cas screams pointing down the bridge. The train was catching up quick. We take off, sprinting forward to land. My vision goes blurry and I feel light headed for a few seconds-perks of waking up and sprinting for your life. We had been nearly halfway on the bridge-the farthest we've ever been. We were close to the end but not close enough, the train was right behind us blaring it's horn. "We're going to have to jump it!" I hear Cas shout. I don't listen I just keep running straight, my brain isn't fully awake yet-still. Then Cas grabs my shoulders and shoves me off the bridge. I flail in the air. Then I crash, hard. I moan. I lie in grass, with an awfully lot of rocks. I take a second to breathe. I get to my knees and have to blink a while before I can see properly again. I scratched up my knees and hands, no biggie. I look around. "Cas?" I call out. I start panicking for a moment, then I look behind me. Cas lies half-in-half-out of the water. I stumble over to him. I sit on my knees on the wet cold sand. He has sand on his face, and his eyes are open, he's ok. I laugh. "Goofball." He just moans. I pull most of his body out of the water, leaving the end of his legs in, and rest his head on my lap. I ruffle his hair trying to get most of the sand out. He has a cut on his cheek, due to there being rocks on the ground, and somehow it makes him look even sexier. "You okay?" I ask. He nods. That had been our second time from nearly getting killed by the train. We need to start being more careful. No more sleeping on the train tracks. "We're so stupid." I chuckle. He laughs. "Yeah.."

He is shivering. I lean over and stick my hand in the water, it's freezing cold. "Lets go home." I say. He agrees. I pull him up, he hurt his ankle so I assist him as we walk to the car.

When we get home Cas takes a shower, as I work on homework. His ankle is ok, he says it just hurts when you walk on it slightly-nothing bad.

"I'm going to go to the store with my mom." He says as he puts on his shoes. "Okay." I say, trying to focus on my school but can't help and look up at his wet messy hair. I watch as he exits the room.

~

It's been two hours since they left. That's a longtime to be at a grocery store.

Maybe they're doing something else. I try to convince myself. No need to worry so stop!

I can't help but text him:

Everything okay? You've been gone for a long time so just wondering. ;)

That wink was unnecessary, stupid.

I sigh. Then my dad walks into my room. His face is stern. "There's been an accident."

My heart drops as a million thoughts race into my mind.