Chapter 26

CASTIEL

Dean stares at me, his face flushing with anger. "Azazel, did this to you?" He says. I nod. "Yes, he kidnaped me when I went to the store a few weeks after I went to my grandparents house." I say. "I, am going to rip his lungs out!" He says.

He looks down at me. I have close on now, Leo gave me an extra pair of his. "What's wrong with your foot?" He asks, noticing the crutches and the bandages all around it. "I broke it, escaping." I say. "We need to get you to the hospitable." He says trying to walk but nearly tumbling down. I grab his shoulders. "Dean, you are drunk. We can't go. Well you can't go, and I am not leaving you. I am fine for now." I say. "No, no, no, you need to get there." He argues. I shake my head. "I refuse, and you can't make me." I say. "Anyways, neither of us can drive, you are too drunk and my right foot is broken." I say. He frowns.

We go and sit by the water, under the bridge. I lay on the mostly sand ground with my head on Dean's lap. "He's insane." I mutter. "He kept me for a whole year just for his own entertainment." I say, shaking my head. "I'm sorry, Cas." Dean says. "I should've known you were in trouble. I should've know." He says. I turn my head, looking up so I can see his face. A tear slides down his cheek. That's when I notice the bruise on his cheek again. "What happened to your cheek?" I ask. He just shakes his head, not looking at me. "Dean," I say sitting up some. "What happened?" He bites his lip, so hard he drawls blood. I touch his lip gently with my thumb, brushing at the blood. "Gwen's death ruined my dad. He is not my dad anymore. My dad was taken away from me and replaced by a monster." He mutters. Oh no... "I don't let him touch Sam. He screams at me for nothing, and beats me when I have done nothing wrong." He keeps mumbling. "Oh my god." I say. "Dean...Im sorry." I say. He licks his lips. "You don't understand how it feels like to have your parent to call you horrible, horrible, things and to abuse you. It hurts Cas, it hurts so bad and I hate him." He says. "Dean....I'm sorry." I say, it coming out as a whisper. He runs his hand through his hair and sighs. Then he looks back at me. "I've missed you so much, Cas." He says. "It's been hard." I lean forward, pressing my lips to his. "I won't leave you again." I promise. He nods.

I lie back down on his lap. After a while he says: "C'mon, let's go get you to the hospitable." I shake my head. "No, Dean. You are still drunk." I say. "I'm on un-drunk enough to go." He argues. "Only drunk people say that." I laugh. He thinks about this for a minutes. Then shakes his head. "No....I'm pretty sure regular people say un-drunk too." He says. I laugh. "Yeah, you're still drunk." I say. I sit up and try to push Dean lightly down. He has the most scared look on his face. "What are you doing?" He asks. "Lie down." I say, laughing. "Why?" He asks. "Cause I'm tired and I want to lie down with you and finally get a somewhat peaceful nights rest in a year." I say. He nods then lies down. I lay down next to him, he wraps an arm around me. "I love you." I say. "And I you, Castiel Novak." He says. I smile.

~

"Hey, hey, wake up." I say, shaking his shoulder lightly. "Dean....get up." His eyes flutter open and he smiles. "So..... it wasn't just another dream?" He says. I shake my head. "No, I'm here, don't worry." I say, kissing him gently. "We should go home." I say. He quickly shakes his head. "No, please, we can't." He says. "Okay, we'll go to the hospitable then." I say.

"How's your foot?" He asks. "It hurts, badly." I answer. He stands up. His hair is all ruffled making it a mess. "Here." He sticks out a hand for me. I grab it, almost falling down but he grabs my other arm. I try to step on my right foot. Pain, sears from my foot, up my leg, and spreading through my body. I groan in pain. "Here, I'll carry you." He says. "No, it's fine." I reject. "At least let me carry you up the hill." He says. "Fine." I say.

The doctor said that I'll have to have my foot in a cast for a few weeks, and use crutches. Dean called the cops to report Azazel. They said they'll inform us when he was found.

Once I got out of the hospital me and Dean went out to eat.

"You ready?" I ask, as we get done eating. He shrugs. "We have to go eventually so..." He says.

When we get home, before we go in I ask if Sam is home. "No, he spent the night at his friend's." I nod. His hands are shaking. I grab the knob. "It's gonna be okay." I promise. He nods. I open the door and walk in. The house smells like alcohol and it's a mess. I walk into the living room, his dad is passed out on the couch, then I go upstairs. When I get up I hear some shouting. "Get me another beer!" John says. "Don't you it's a little early?" Dean mutters. "Y'know what come here, you fag!" John screams. Dean screams something then comes running upstairs, nearly running into me. He shoves me into our room and locks the door. There are are beer bottles everywhere, and it's just an absolute mess. Without looking at me he says: "Sorry for the, uh, mess." Waving around the room. He walks to the closet and I see him drink something. Beer, of course. "Dean...you shouldn't-" He cuts me off. He turns around. "Try some, it's good.." He says. I shake my head. "Fine, then I won't kiss you for the rest of the day." That's not what makes me take it, I'm not sure what does but I do. Dumbly, I take a big gulp of it. I choke on it. I start coughing after I swallow it. Dean laughs at me. But the weird thing is, is that I actually like it. "Good? Right?" he says, smiling. I nod.