Chapter 17

DEAN

I watch through the window as the doctors move around Cas' still body. My heart is racing. What is wrong with him? Why isn't he awake? Will he be okay? I need answers.

As a doctor walks out of the room I catch her arm. She turns to face me. "What's wrong with him?" I ask, wanting answers. She shakes her head. "We don't know, honestly. He's not in a coma, nor paralyzed it's strange." She says. "What? What do you mean?" I ask. "He is alive. And his mind is awake but his body isn't. He's not technically in a coma cause if he were, then he wouldn't be awake, but by the looks of it he's not paralyzed. Maybe his body is just in shock? But we're not sure. Nothing has happened like this before." She says. She places a hand over mine which was still on her arm. "You should take a seat, sir." I allow her to walk me to a chair.

I sit down bouncing my feet on the ground. Why did this have to happen? Why?!

After a while I go to check on Gwen. Their rooms are far from each other, I'm not sure why.

I run into Sam halfway to her room. He was coming to get me. Something's wrong. We run the rest of the way to her room. We make it there just in time.

Gwen lies on the bed, body still, and pale white with cuts all over her. There is a doctor next too her with a clipboard and is looking at her watch and there are a few other doctors standing around. My dad is holding Gwen's hand, his forehead pressed to her hand. The line that represents her heart beat goes straight.

"Time of death: 6:25." The doctor with the clipboard says.

I want to scream. My mind races.

I slowly walk up next to my dad and place a hand on his shoulder.

Not again.

Not again.

Not again!

I have lost (basically) two moms in this world.

I allow a tear to slip.

~

I stay the night at the hospital. Dad and Sam went home. I told them it was fine to leave me. Dad didn't speak at all after Gwen's death.

They weren't even married yet. And now they'll never get to be married. Dad won't be happy again. Not really. He lost two wives. It was in two weeks. Their wedding was in two weeks.

I sit in Cas' room. I let one of the doctors ramble on what he thinks is wrong with Cas. Most people would find him annoying but I don't, he helps me take my mind off things somehow.

"So is he awake right now?" I ask.
"No, he is not awake right now. We gave him a medicine that knocks him out. (A/N this explains when he lost the pain in his head, and his thoughts they gave him medicine to knock him out) Because we believe somehow he felt pain in his head, which could be good or bad." The doctor exclaims. "I want to try something when he wakes up tho. I believe he can hear sometimes, I would show you why I believe so but you would not understand so therefor I will not show you." He says. Another doctor walks in. "Sir we need you to come see this." She says. They both exit the room. Leaving me and my thoughts alone.

The doctor that was talking to me came back into the room about thirty minutes later, a few other nurses and doctors following him.

I can tell that Cas is awake, his heartbeat speeds up every time he is. The doctor kneels down next to Cas. He looks back at me. "Er what's his name?" He asks. "Um Castiel, Cas." I say stuttering. He nods.

"Hey Cas if you can hear me, I'm doctor Thomas." I hear some nurse mumble saying this was a dumb idea. "Focus on my voice. You need to take control of your body, imagine feeling it. Try to move your fingers slightly. Just wiggle them." he says. Doctor Thomas looks back at me. "Who are you a brother or?" He asks. "I'm his boyfriend." I say. One of the nurses grunt. I glare at her. "Cas do this for...?" He looks back at me. "Dean." I say. "Dean. Your boyfriend, he misses you and needs you Cas. Wiggle your fingers and take control. C'mon you can do it." A redhead nurse steps up. "Doctor, this is pointless it's not going to work." She says. Then it does. Cas fingers on his right hand moves. My heartbeat speeds up. They move only slightly at first then faster. Thomas looks at her. "Never doubt the doctor." He says with a smirk. Then looks back at Cas. "Great job. Excellent. Now very slowly start taking control of the rest of your body. You're doing perfect." He says.