Chapter 5

I didn't get much sleep last night. I wake to my dad saying my name.

"Dean, what are you doing down here?" He asks. I rub my eyes. "Oh uh, I must've fell asleep out here." I lie. "Oh, well I'm off to work son, I'll be home later." He says. "Ok." I lie back down.

What feels like only minutes later I open my eyes to the sound of someone walking downstairs. I lift my head up to see who it is. Cas. He doesn't look at me.

"You slept in late." He says blankly, still not looking at me. I glance at the clock, it's one pm. I rub the sleep out of my eyes. How did I not wake up?

Cas is already dressed and ready for the day. His hair is wet so I assume he just got out of the shower.

He walks into the kitchen and pours himself a glass of water. I watch every move he makes. He then walks into the living room-and for a second I think he is walking to me-he sits on a chair across the room. I frown.

"Do you have the remote?" He asks.
I toss it to him. He catches it and puts on the tv.

"So where are the others?" I ask sitting up.
"Your dads at work, my mom's out, and Sam is in his room." He says. He still doesn't look at me.

I stare at the tv. At the corner of my eye I see him glance at me. When I look at him he quickly looks away.

"Cas-"

"Save it." He says then gets up and walks away.

I sigh.

I manage to get up and get ready for the day.

~

I go to the store to buy some things for Gwen. Also to get some fresh air. But it's not so fresh when you have someone picking at you.

"Listen Azazel, I'm really not in the mood for it." I say. I swear, he's a total stalker, he's everywhere I go.

"Oh what's wrong Dean? Having troubles with your boyfriend?" He says.

"When are you ever gonna grow up? I did nothing to you." I say grabbing a carton of eggs.

"Ha. Still haven't figured it out yet have ya? How blind are you?"

"Figure what out? Is this some kind of game?" I say raising my voice.

"Game? No it's sweet, sweet revenge, buddy." He says with a wink. He turns around and walks off leaving me confused.

~

It's mine and Cas' turn to do dishes tonight.

He washes I rinse and dry. We do it in silence.

I go to grab the handle to turn the water on, his hand lands on mine. His eyes flicker to mine then he moves his hand. I wish he would keep it there. I wish he would just forgive me.

I stay out in the living room when everyone else goes to bed.

I think about what Azazel told me, trying to figure it out. But come up empty handed.

Did I do anything to him? I ask myself. No.

I sigh.

I end up watching Ridiculousness till twelve thirty.

Right when I was about to turn everything off I hear footsteps walking down the stairs. I glance at who it is; Cas. I look back at the tv. I hear him walk to the kitchen. Open the fridge. Pours something.? Probably a drink...

Then his footsteps get closer. I tense up. His hands curl around my shoulders. I'm shocked. Why would he do that? He's been ignoring me all day. He massages them a little then leans his head down next to my face and presses his lips to my cheek. He lets go and walks to the stairs.

"What was that for?" I blurt out.

All he says is; "Goodnight." Then walks up the stairs.

~

"Hey, son. I found Sam's old bunk bed, if you'd like I could set it up in your room, so y'know you boys wouldn't have to share a bed." My dad says.

"Oh, yeah that'd be great." I say with a small smile.

"Ok well I'll go get it." He says then walks off towards the garage.

Cas hops down the stairs, he wears running shorts and a t-shirt. Probably is going to run.

"Hi Cas, uh my dad is gonna set up a bunk bed in our room....is that alright?"

He purses his lips. "Er I guess, sure." He says his eyes not quiet meeting mine.

I nod then walk past him to clear room for my dad.

I help him set it up.

"Uh dad..?" I say as I work on half of the bunk, he does the other.

"Yes son?"

"...If I needed to ask, or tell, you anything, anything at all, can I?" I ask my words coming out in a jumble.

"Yeah, 'course. Why? What is it?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Oh... nothing, just ya know, in case I ever need to." I say.

"Okay... well I'm always here for you."

I nod.

~

The bed isn't that bad, it's better than the couch for sure tho. But it's kinda small. And if Cas and I work things out we won't be able to sleep together....I'll miss that.

I lie my head back on my pillow, putting my hands under my head.

"Cas...?" I say staring at the bottom of the bed that lies on top of me.

"What?" He says his voice muffled by a pillow.

"This isn't us."

"What isn't?"

"Ignoring each other I mean. ..... We got to work things out."

He doesn't reply.

(Okay sorry this chapter is a mess. It has many skipped moments and it is quiet short so sorry about that I'll try to make it better. Love ya. :* )