Chapter 28

CASTIEL

I don't sleep for the rest of the night. Just sit there, holding Dean. I don't think he really slept either, he just kept his eyes shut, but wasn't sleeping. I could tell by the way he breathed, and how tense his body was, I could just tell.

I keep thinking over what happened, my night mare and when John came in. The dream felt terribly real, maybe it's cause it happened before. I can't shake off the feeling this is all a joke and Azazel really still has me, and is just toying with my brain. I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

I don't even want to think about what John said and how scary it was. I don't understand how he changed into this.

After what feels like ages, I decide to get up.

Dean is still awake but he is half asleep. I didn't want to disturb him but I had to do something before my head exploded. I lift his head up off my lap a bit. His eyes jolt open. "Shh." I say, reassuring him. He calms back down when he sees me. I scoot over some, out from underneath him. I lie his head down gently and put a blanket over him. His eyes close again. I kiss his lips gently, careful not to disturb him.

I figured out that sleepy/unconscious/drunk John is much nicer than awake/conscious John. It was kinda risky waking him up, but I didn't want to leave him there. That shows how much heart I have.

I grab my crutches then walk him down to the couch. It was a struggle but I managed to do it. He doesn't argue or anything, surprisingly. I even clean up his forehead some. Even tho he doesn't deserve it. I still clean it up with a rag and a few bandages.

After that I debate on going on a walk, but I don't want Dean to be all alone in this house with him, also it would kinda be hard with my broken foot and all, so I decide not to go. Instead I decide to make breakfast for Dean.

There isn't much food in the fridge or anything so I make eggs and bacon. I try to distract my mind from thinking about what happened. I wonder how Dean deals with it. Stop. I tell myself. I slide the eggs on a plate and then put the bacon on. Then quickly walk upstairs. Ignoring the groans coming from John.

Dean is still asleep when I come in. I sit next to him, giving him space tho. After a minute or so, his eyes open. I bet the smell of the food woke him, it always does. He looks up at me with a small smile. I wave my hand for him to sit up some. He obeys and pushes himself up to a sitting position. I scoot over, so my legs are on top of his and they make a '+' sign.

"I forgot another fork." I say, noticing there only being one, the one I'm holding. He shrugs. "We can share." He says. He stares at me, which, oddly, makes me uncomfortable. I cut off a piece of the egg and hand him the fork to eat.

"We should go." I eventually say. "I don't want to live like this, it'd be better for all of us. Me, you, and Sam." He nods. "Yeah, it would." He says. He puts a hand on my thigh and squeezes lightly. "I'll talk to Sammy about it when he gets home. We'll figure it out." He promises.

~

Dean said that Sam was okay with leaving. He said he understood it was the best for everyone.

Dean and Sam left to get a few things from the store. I stayed home cause I didn't want to go. Dean looked like he didn't want to leave me home alone, even tho his dad is gone at work. I told him I'll be fine and would call if I needed him.

I end up watching some stupid show in the living room. Then I get a call on my phone. Hesitantly, I answer it. "H-hello?" I say. "Hello, is this Castiel Novak?" The other voice asks. "Yeah..." I say. "Castiel, I have good news for you." His smooth voice says. "What?" I ask. "Your kidnaapper has been found. You said it was Azazel Hemsworth, correct?" Excitment fills me. "Yes, sir." I say. "Okay, thank you for your help, Mr. Novak. We will call you again when we have more information for court." He says. "Thank you." I say then hangup.

I wait for Dean to get home to tell him the news.

I stand up when I hear the front door open. Sam and Dean walk in, both of them holding two to three bags in each hand. Dean puts the grocery bags on the counter then turns to me. "What is it?" He asks. I smile a bit. "They found Azazel, he's in jail for now, they said they would call us when they have more information for court or whatever." I say. Then I frown. "Can teenagers even go to court?" I ask. Dean smiles. "Yes they can, and that's great!" He says, then gives me a quick hug. I hug back then help with the groceries, even tho Sam put most of them away.

John gets back home about a hour later. Dean tenses up when he sees him. John doesn't say anything, just grabs a beer and plops on the couch. He must be having a good day-as good as it can get for him.

Dean looks at me. "I'm gonna get a drink, want to come?" He asks, obviously wanting me to. I nod. We get off the couch and walk to the kitchen. Dean opens the fridge and grabs two waters. He hands one to me. "Want to go on a walk?" He asks. "Sure." I say. "I'll go ask Sam if he comes." I walk upstairs to his room. When I open his door he is sitting at his desk, working. "Hey, me and Dean are going on a walk, want to come?" I ask, leaning into the bedroom. "No, I have to work." He says. I walk in, next to him. He is tense, stressed. "C'mon, it'll be good for you. You can clear your head." I say, giving him a pat on the shoulder. He groans but gets up.

Right before we leave John speaks up. "Where do you boys think your going?" He mutters. We all turn back to look at him. "...Going on a walk.?" Dean says. "Who said you could? What if I don't want you to?" John says. Dean purses his lips, then looks back at us. "Go ahead." Dean says to us. I tell Sam to go, I stay with Dean. "We're just going on a walk, not far." He says. "Well maybe I don't want you to fucking go on a walk!" John yells, standing up. "Please.., I just need fresh air.." Dean says, but John keeps walking closer. "No, please." He begs but John grabs Dean's shirt and pulls him towards him, putting his arm around his throat. John doesn't even acknowledge me. Dean tries to break free but is too weak. "You listen to me boy! If I don't want you to go on a walk, you don't!" John screams in his ear. I panic. "You understand? Do you understand?" He asks, squeezing his arm tighter, so he's choking Dean. Dean nods. He is released, falling into the wall. "Fuckin' fag!" John yells. He is about to kick Dean, but finally, I do something. Not such a good idea with a broken foot but I had to stop him. I jump on John. We both fall to the ground. John is on top of me, about to punch me in the face but Dean shoves him off me. He grabs his shirt and repeatedly picks him up then shoves him in the ground. "Stop it! Stop. It!" Dean screams. I've never seen Dean this furious, this hurt. He stands up, his dad is too shocked to do anything. Dean pulls me up and we race out the door. We don't walk, Dean drives us to town. None of us say a word.

We go to a small restaurant in town. We sit outside at a table.

Dean looks over at me. "How's your foot?" He asks. "It's fine. Are-" I get cut off. "Are you hurt?" He asks. "Dean, I'm fine." I say. He looks away.

"I'm going to get food, what do you want?" He asks us. "Just fries, I'm not hungry." I say. "Hamburger's fine." Sam says. "Okay." Dean gets up and walks in the restaurant.

Sam stares down at the sidewalk. "Are you okay?" I ask, dumb question, of course he's not. "C'mere." I say. I scoot my chair over closer to him. I pull him into a hug. "I'm sorry Sam, you don't deserve any of this. You deserve to be happy, I'm so sorry." I whisper. He's just a kid. I mean we all are, really. Why did this happen to us? No one should have to deal with this crap, especially teenagers, right? So why, why us? He pulls back. His eyes are red, from crying. I would tell him that it'll be fine, but I don't know if I would be telling him a lie or not. . .

"Food!" Dean says, sitting down in his seat and handing out the food. Sometimes I don't understand how easily he does it. How he moves on so easily, acts like nothing just happened. Maybe he's wearing a fake smile to make us feel better. To tell us it's fine, that everything will be fine. That he is okay, that he's not broken down inside.

"Oh, Sam tell Cas about what happened when you were with your friends the other day." Dean says, smiling. "Huh?" Sam says looking at Dean. "Oh yeah! Haha okay..." Sam says, then begins telling his story.