Chapter 25

CASTIEL

I make up my mind and take off running one way. Hoping they'll be a road so I can get back home. I stop real quick to look around me. All I see is woods. Woods, woods, woods, woods, WOODS.

Then I hear his voice. It's rough and scratchy-terrifying. He screams that he'll find me. I'm not far enough, I can still hear him from the place I was at. I listen very closely. Then I hear footsteps racing toward me. I take off running. "Oh Cassie you won't get away this time." He shouts. I run faster, harder. As fast as I can. I have to escape, have.

I run as hard as I can, like my life depends on it, but the thing is-it does.

My body is weak. I haven't eaten in weeks. He has beat me, for so long I lost track of time. It could've only been a week since he took me for gods sake. Or it could've been a year. My point is: I have no idea. But I run. Ignoring all the sticks poking at my feet that felt were on fire. My lungs burned, I could barely breathe. But I will not stop. I will not let him get me, not again.

But I am too weak. I trip over a branch and fall to the ground, screaming in pain. I definitely broke my foot.

His laughter fills my ears. Evil, laughter. And there he is, sneering down at me.

I snarl at him. I wait. I'm not giving up, not now. But I got to catch my breathe. "Well, well, well. Look who's trying to escape." He spits. I just stare at him, with hatred.

"Time to go back in, playtime's over." He says, grabbing my arm and yanking me up. I wince. I stumble a few steps to act like I'm going with it, then I swing my arm across his face, punching him in the jaw. I shake my hand afterwards. While he is off guard. I run. Well, more like stumble away. Of course he catches up quickly, jumping at me. He pushes us both down to the grown. We land, him on top of me. He holds my arms down and I struggle trying to get them free.

I can just barely hear cars, we are next to a road, good.

I lean forward, my lips next to his neck. I open my mouth then bite down as hard as I can. He screeches in pain, letting go of my arms. I punch him in his cheek, then knee him. "You freakin' jerk!!" He screams. Then I shove him off me and stumble to the noise of the road.

The pain coming from my foot is unbelievable. But I keep going, stepping on it. Pushing off the ground with it.

I find the road. I look back to see if he had followed me, there is no sign of him. As a van passes by I wave my hands in the air, trying to get them to help me. They keep driving. But the next pickup truck pulls over when he sees me. At first I thought he was going to keep driving but he turned around for me.

He looked familiar. When he comes closer, I recognize him. As Dean's ex-Leo. "Castiel? Is that you?" He asks, walking forward to help. I just nod. Too much blood in my mouth to talk. "What the hell happened?" He asks, looking at me. I'm a mess. "Y'know what? Answer that later, you need to go to the hospital." He says. He helps me hop to the car. No wonder why Dean liked him, he was really nice. You'd think he hate me cause Dean left him for me. But he seems to hold no grudge.

We drive to the nearest hospitable.

Apparently we aren't in town. Just a few towns a way from home. Leo said he was visiting his grandparents, he also said he will drive me home.

The doctors said that I can go home, just to stay off my foot (they gave me crutches), and then I'll have to be in the hospitable at our town so they can look at my foot more.

I also figured out its been a year.

I tell Leo to drop me off at the railroad tracks. I thank him for helping me when we get there.

I hop over further down the tracks, where I usually sit at. And I notice I am not alone. There is a boy. He is sitting on the tracks. Dirty blonde/brown hair. He has a bruise on his cheek and a cut on his forehead. He also has an almost empty bottle in his hand. He doesn't look the same as he used to but, of course, I know who it is. "D-Dean!" I croak out, not loud enough. "Dean!!" I say, hopping over to him. I got his attention. He squints at me. My voice is rough and scratchy so it doesn't sound like me. He stands up. "Cas?" He says. I nod. "Yes! Yes! It's me!" He stumbles, over to where I am. When we meet each other we just fall into each other's arms. "You're-you're drunk." I say. "It's been a rough year." He mumbles, he's changed so much. His voice is cracked. And he doesn't look like the Dean I know. Not anymore. He pulls back. And we stare into each others eyes. His aren't bright green and sparkly anymore. They are dark green and shadowy. It hurts to see him like this, he's broken. I wonder what happened, what made him like this. He leans forward, pressing his lips gently to mine. His breath reeks of alcohol. "You're here, you're finally here." He says, he fumbles with his words, from being drunk. I nod and hug him again. I never want to leave his arms. He makes me feel safe, protected. I'm not afraid, not afraid of anything, not even crying around him. So I let the tears slip.

"What happened to you Cas? You never replied." He asks. I pull back, just enough to see his face. "Azazel took me."