Chapter 24

Months/weeks/days since Cas responded: about one year

Dean eventually stopped writing Cas, losing all hope.

John started going to work again but it only made him worse. He would blame everything that happened on Dean, even Gwen's death was blamed on Dean.

~

CASTIEL

I sit tied up in that same old chair. Any moment he would come back. It was dark, almost too dark to see but the faint blue light helped some. I have tried to escape everyday. I know he will be back soon. Very soon. Cause he used rope to tie me up, not chain. I have not eaten in a long time, he hasn't fed me for I don't know how long. He used to feed me everyday. I try to slip my hands out of the tight rope. Sweating as I pull and tug. Then bam. It happened. My hands were free. As quick as I could I undid all the knots. The one on my mouth, then waist, then feet. I stood up, then fell down. I need to take it easy, and be very quiet, he is somewhere close, I just know.

I stand up again, using the old broken wooden chair that I had been sitting on, to help me up. I then tiptoe over to the gate. My body ached. My bare foot steps in a puddle. The water is freezing. I try not to yelp as the dirty water washes over my cuts. I made it to the gate. There is a lock on it, of course. I try to tug it off. Doesn't help. I look around the room for something I could use, it's empty. I put my fingers to my lip trying to think. My fingernails have grown long it's disgusting. I look down at them then back at the rusting lock. It's worth a shot. I stick my fingernail in the lock. It hurts to twist but I do it anyways. I hear my fingernail break so I pull my finger away. I drew blood from doing that. Then I hear something fall, making an echoing 'boom'. I look down at my feet. The old rusted lock lies right next to my toes. I press my hand to the gate. Its rough and old like everything else. A little push and it creaks open enough for me to slip through. I look around, still standing next to the room I was just in. To my left there is a dark hallway, to my right there are stairs. I turn to my right and try to be as quiet as possible as I walk up the cold wet stairs. My eyes are wide and alert for any movement, and so are my ears for any sounds. At the top of the stairs there is a door, next to the door is a dim, blue light hanging on the wall. I take a deep breathe then test the doorknob. Thank god, it's unlocked. With a little bit of effort I get it open. I slip through the door and shut it behind me. I am outside. It is dark, cold, windy, and pouring down rain. I shiver as the freezing cold rain hits my bare body, the only thing I'm wearing is my underwear. Due to them being stripped off by him. I assume I was in a basement? Tornado shelter? I'm not sure. One thing I am sure about is I want to get the fuck out of here. I look around. I am in a small field in the middle of the woods. Well this'll be easy to get away. I have to hurry up tho he'll find me soon if I don't go.

(Okay so yes Cas is alive. NO this was NOT the original plan. Also I did not change my mind cause you asked me to-I'm just not nice enough (jk)-but I changed my mind cause I believe this is more interesting and different then just killing off Cas. You better praise me for keeping him alive now. ;) )