Chapter 12

(OKAY SO THINGS MIGHT GET A LITTLE CONFUSING IN THIS CHAPTER. I'M DOING A TIME LEAP. ITS BEEN A LITLLE MORE THAN A MONTH AFTER THEIR BREAK UP AND STUFF. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW. SORRY IF IT IS A LITTLE CONFUSING AND OR OFF, HOPE YOU ENJOY.)

CASTIEL

I sit on my bunk playing Flappy Bird on my phone. This game is aggravating but it helps me take my mind off things.

I go to a different school now, just to the town next us one. My grades aren't good and I have no friends their. Everyone just ignores me, otherwise the people that bully me. Azazel has backed off some, after all he did get what he wanted.

Dean walks into the room. I glance down at him for a quick half second then back to my phone. He stares at my phone. He sighs. "You should be studying, you're failing." He says. "Mmm."
"Seriously? Dude you are failing, you have got to pick it up. If this is cause of our breakup then get over it, cause we are through." He says.
My bird falls to the ground. I stare at my bed not knowing what to say. I want him to take me back, why won't he take me back? I guess we won't get back together ever tho, it's been a month so...
"It's not cause of that." I say. Part of it is a lie but not completely, there's more to it.
"Good, glad you're moving on."

I look up from my bed my eyes falling on Dean. He wears a dark blue button up shirt with jeans. "Where are you going?" I ask, curious.
"On a date." He says. I freeze almost forgetting to breathe.
"Oh?" I finally say.
"Yeah."
"With...who?" I ask.
"There's this new boy, Leo, and he just-so-happens to be gay." He says with a grin. My heart sinks. I clear my throat.
"Have fun." I say, the words barely making it out of my mouth. He walks to the door and grabs the handle. Before he opens the door he looks back at me.
"Thanks, Cas." He says with a small nod. I nod back at him, not being able to make words. Then he leaves.

After awhile I go downstairs to get a drink.

I don't know where John or Sam are but my mom is in the kitchen. "Hey, Cassy." She says.
"Don't call me that." I growl, it coming out more harsh then I meant it to.
"Me-ow!" She says. "What's gotten in to you?"
"Nothing." I reply, opening the fridge. I grab the milk carton then poor some into a glass. I put it away then sip at my glass.

"Where's Dean?" She asks walking to the sink to clean dishes. I watch as she fills up the water.
"On a date." I say, choking on the words.
She turns off the water and looks at me. "Are you okay?" She asks, concerned.
At first I decide to lie and nod my head. That nod quickly turns into me shaking my head. She walks over to me, wrapping her arms around me. Suddenly I get very emotional and tears form in my eyes. I don't try to hold them back. "It's gonna be okay." She says rubbing the back of my head with her hand. After awhile she pulls back. She places a hand on my cheek and swipes the tears away with her thumb. "You okay?" She asks.
I nod. "I will be." Hopefully.

~

I get lost in my thoughts. I start thinking about Azazel and I start asking myself why he would do that to us. What for? Then I give up. I get up and jump off my bed leaving the book I was reading up on there. I tug on my my shoes and fix my hair. I look at the clock before leaving the room. It's eight forty-five. I hop down the stairs and go out the front door, not answering John when he asks what I'm doing. It's already dark outside, and there is a cool breeze. I tug my jacket tighter as I walk. I walk all the way to Azazel's house. I don't know why I bothered fixing my hair before I left, it's already a mess from the wind again.

I approach his door and knock. Azazel opens the door.

He frowns when he sees me.
"Did you come to beat me up again, cause if so I really don't have the time for it." He says blankly.
"Uh, no I didn't. I actually just came to ask why you did what you did to us." I say. I put my hands in my jacket's pockets as the wind blows harder, tossing my hair to the side.
He thinks about this for a while. "You really want to know?" He asks.
"Yeah, and the truth."
"Hmm, okay, I'll tell you." He says. I'm a little shocked that he will.
He shuffles his feet as he stares at them. "Er it was what third grade? Something like that." He says. "I was best friends with Balthazar, we were pretty tight ya know? But that's when Dean was transferred into our class. We all became a good group of friends but then Balthazar and Dean started to hang out more and more and when I would ask to hangout with them they wouldn't let me, they excluded me. By fourth grade they were best friends, without me. Then the same thing happened in seventh, I was close to Lisa. Dean then also started hanging with us, then he started flirting with her, and when they became boyfriend and girlfriend they no longer hanged out with me.." He says, not making eye contact.
"Really? So that's what this whole thing was about. That's it?" I say, laughing a bit.
He nods. "So I told you, we done here?"
"Ha, wow." I say shaking my head. "Uh yeah, thanks I guess." I say then turn around to leave. That's the most stupid reason ever.

Before I even get off his porch he says, "Cas, wait! That's not it." I turn around with a raised eyebrow. He clears his throat. "He also......he also started dating my crush, when he knew I had it."
"Oh yeah? What grade was that?" I ask.
"Tenth."
I am about to ask who his crush was but then I realize who. Me.
"Oh." I say. I kinda just freeze. That makes more sense why he did it.
"Er, I'm sorry. Honestly I don't think Dean did it on purpose." I say.
"Mmm." He says. "Well you can leave now, that's it." He stars going in.
"Thanks," I say. He turns to look at me. "For telling the truth." He nods then shuts the door.

I go to the railroad. I don't know where else to go, I don't want to go home. Do I go down to the river, under the bridge.

It's dark, but I can still see it. The moon glows just bright enough to see it. Where me and Dean carved "D+C". I run my fingers over and press my lips together.

I sit by the river for about a hour then go back home. I don't get home till eleven twenty.

Everyone is asleep, or at least in their rooms.

I walk in our room shutting the door behind me.

Dean lays on his back with his knees up. "Where've you been?" He asks. "Out." I say. "No duh." He says. I tug off my jacket.

"How was your, uh, date?" I ask, taking off my shoes. I only ask cause I know it's the right thing to do. He smiles a little. "It was good." He turns his head to look at me then turns away really quickly. I wonder why he did that. I climb up to my bed.

I fall asleep quickly.

~

AFTER SCHOOL

I stick another piece of steak in my mouth. "Thanks for dinner John, this is really good steak." I say.
"Your welcome." He says.

Next to me Dean puts his knife and fork. I glance at him. He clears his throat then says, "I have to tell you guys something." He says.
I raise my eyebrow at him. My mom smiles. Sam just continues eating. And John says, "Sure, what is it?"

He takes a deep breath. What is he about to do? "Last night, I went on a date, with someone new to our school, I really like them, we are now dating." My heart sinks. "That's not what I want to tell you tho. I knew this for a while now," When he says the last part he looks at me and I know what he is doing. He's gonna come out. "I'm, gay."

John raises his eyes brows. My mom just smiles, having knew this from me. And Sam chokes on his food. I can't help but laugh at Sam. "Whoa wait, say what? And you didn't tell me this, dude we're brothers! We're suppose to tell each other everything!" He says slapping Dean on the arm. "Sorry bro." Dean says with a smile. Dean's eyes slide to his dad. John nods. "Okay. Thanks for telling us. So what's this boys name?" John says. "His names Leo." Dean says.

I stop listening to him and just stare at my phone. He has a new boyfriend, already. I saw this coming I mean I knew he was going on a date, so it was most likely going to happen. But it still hurts like hell.