Chapter 27

DEAN

We work on the messy room together. Basically just throwing things anywhere but in the middle of the room. Cas drinks a beer as we do so, I do to myself. It's just one beer. Nothing well happen. He won't get 'drunk' off of just one beer.

"Be right back." I say, leaving the room.

I left my phone downstairs, how dumb am I? Right before I go back upstairs I hear his voice. It's deep and scratchy, as usual. I turn to look at him. "Where you going?" He asks. "Back upstairs." I gulp. "Why?" He asks, stepping closer to me. "Cause Cas is waiting for me." I answer, slowly inching my way back to the stairs. "Oh so, Castiel is back? Now I have two fags in my house? Great." He mutters. "Please-" I begin but decide it's not worth it. Why did I mention Cas? Idiot! "Y'know, I never wanted you two together. In fact I was going to tell you that you guys can't be together when they got home. But they never got home and it's all your fault! If you weren't gay Gwen would still be alive!" He screams. He grabs my shirt and pushes me up the wall. "I don't want this boy living in my house now you get him out of here before I do, understand?" His breathe reeks of alcohol. I nod. He lets me go and I gasp for air. Then I quickly go upstairs.

This might be 'cause of what he said to me but it's also 'cause I've been wanting to for so long. I walk up to Cas and grab his face."I want to run away. You, me, and Sam, leave. Just get out, run away. Go find paradise where everything is perfect, and we are safe. Please." I say, almost too quick for him to catch on. "What has gotten into you?" He asks, with a smile. "Nothing. Just think about it, we can escape, get away from our crappy lives and have fun for the first time in a year." I say. "That'd be amazing, Dean." He says. I nod then kiss him.

Sometimes I wish I could forget everything. Or go back and change the past. Or just die. But Cas, doesn't make me want to. He makes me want to stay. I am his, and he is mine. No matter what I will never stop loving Castiel Novak. No matter what.

He smiles and pulls away from the kiss. He rests his head on my chest for a few seconds and I hug him close.

More seriously, we talked about leaving again. We decided that first we'd need money, so we won't be leaving for a good few weeks. Also I would have to talk to Sam. And, where would we go? We aren't 18 yet so technically we still need some guardian. Lots to plan, if this is going to happen.

After about an hour of laying in silence, in my thoughts, I spill. "I hate my dad, I do, well I guess I hate what he has become, but I'm not sure if I want to leave him alone... I want to get away but will he be okay?" I say in a low voice, not knowing if he is even still awake. Then I feel him move over. He wraps his arms around me. "Whatever happens, we will all be fine. It's gonna be okay. Don't worry about it." He mumbles, then kisses my lower neck. I hear, and feel, his breathes getting deeper. I decide he's asleep and decide to try to go to sleep too.

In the middle of the I wake up. I turn over and look at Cas.He moves his head from side to side, as if he was getting punched in the face, and whimpers quietly. I sit up. I put a hand on his arm and shake him lightly. "Cas." I say in a whisper, trying to wake him. "Please....no...please." He mumbles. I shake him harder. He sits up, screaming, and nearly punches me in the face, but I duck down into the mattress, dodging it. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, it's me Cas, it's fine. You're okay. It's okay." I say. His body trembles, and he is panting. He puts his face in his hands. "Sorry-" He mumbles. I scoot closer to him and put my hand on his back, rubbing it up and down to comfort him. "It's okay." I say. He is really hot so I remove the blanket off of him. "You okay?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Bad dream?" I say. "A freakin' nightmare." He says. He's still a bit shaky.

He rubs his face. "I'm going to go get you a glass of milk." I say. He nods, keeping his forehead steady on his hand. I kiss his cheek then leave the room.

When I get back in the room my dad is in here. Well shit. He is talking to Cas, but not talking. More like terrorizing? I can't understand him, he is drunk, of course. But the words I pick up aren't good. My heart speeds as he raises his voice. My mind races to figure what to do. He's screaming at him now, my eyes flash to Cas, he is sitting in the corner of the bed, with a frightened face. I know what he feels like. John was the closest thing he had to a dad (much like Gwen, to my me). And he was screaming at him. He said something about Gwen and her death, something about me and Cas being gay, and cause we were gay it was our fault. I drop the glass of milk. The glass shattering around my feet and milk splashing everywhere. My dad was edging closer and closer to Cas. Cornering him, like he did to me the first time. I run over to him, my feet stepping on the shattered glass. I jump on his back, right before he touched Cas. His head hits the bed frame, the bottom of the top bunk. Blood smears from his forehead. He's knocked out. I did that, I knocked him out. My dad.

I look down at him as he lies on the ground, unconscious. Then my eyes slide up to Castiel. He is still on the bed, in the corner. His eyes are watery. That's when I notice the tears running down my face. My hands shake. I climb on to the bed and over to Cas. He pulls me into him, embracing me. We don't say a word. We don't need to.