Chapter 9

DEAN

"So what did you want to tell me?" I ask shutting our bedroom door. "What?" Cas says. "Earlier, before your mom walked in..." I wave my hand waiting for him to catch on. "Oh! Yeah, never mind." He says. He is sitting on the top bunk, the laptop on his lap. "No, Cas what is it? You wanted to tell me something. I want to know." I say. "It's nothing Dean, really." He says not looking up from the laptop. "Whatever." I sigh. "Don't be mad just cause I don't want to tell you." He says. "Mmm." I grunt.

I sit on my bed leaning back on the wall. I hear Cas close the laptop. Then he hops down from the bed. His hair is a mess, he wears one of my sweat pants which are too big on him, and a loose t-shirt. How does he manage to look hot like this? He sits next to me. I sit with one leg up and the other lying sideways on the bed. He puts his right leg under the one I have up, over the one that is lying on the bed. "Oh I want to show you something on my phone." I say then grab my phone and turn it on. Before I can even load the thing I was going to show him, his mom walks in. We don't have time to move apart, she's already seen us. How will we explain this time. 'Oh yeah, tons of bros do this. They cuddle and lie on each other yep totally normal'. Her mouth is opened, not wide but opened. We all just kind of freeze not being able to say anything not being able to explain. I hesitate. I try to speak but I just stutter. Gwen tries to say something but then just points at the door and walks out. Cas looks back at me. We don't have to say anything to understand. "Well that was awkward." I say. He laughs a little. "Yeah."

I clear my throat. "I'm going to go get a drink." I say slipping off the bed.

~

Once I get back upstairs from getting a drink I hear Cas and Gwen talking. I decide not to go in.

"Cas, are you and Dean together? It's ok if you are just tell me." I hear her say. "Mom! I'm not gay!" He says in a defensive way. I frown I half wished he would tell the truth. "Are you sure? Cause I've seen you boys in some awkward positions before." She says. "No mom, I'm straight." Cas says, I can hear him choke on the words. "How do you explain the way you had your leg on him then?" Gwen says. He stutters for a moment. Before I can hear what either of them says next Sam walks out of his bed room. "Hey, wanna go toss the football?" He asks. "Uh sure." I say.

We toss the football for about thirty minutes.

I walk into the house. Cas stands in  the kitchen, we are alone. "Hey Dean, I need to tell you something." He says. I walk up to him, gently placing my hands on his hips. We sway a little. I press my forehead to his. "Can it wait? I got to go to the school for computer lab, although I'm not sure why." I say. "Er... I guess." He sighs. "Kay. Well it shouldn't take too long." I say.  "Mmm." I squeeze his hips a gently then lift my finger to his chin. "I love you." I say. "I know," He says. "No. I mean it Cas, really I love you." I say staring in his eyes. He hesitates. "I, love you too." I kiss his lips slowly then pull back. I walk to the front door and exit the house.

(QUICK CAS POV)

Why did he have to say that? It's like I just got stabbed a thousand times. I hate to say those words and not completely mean them. I have got to get over Josh, he is gone for good. Why is it so hard?

(Back to Dean)

I walk in the computer room, no one is here. Strange. Then I hear his voice. "Well look who fell for the trick." Azazel walks into the room, shutting and locking the door behind him. I glare at him. "Before you get mad, lets just say I'm not here to be mean, I actually want to show you something." He says. "Why?." I demand. "I thought you would like to see this." He says, then I hear something start playing behind me. I turn to watch. It plays on the wall, he must be using the projector.

I notice what is on the film. Who. Cas and, and his ex-boyfriend Josh. "No." I say. My whole body slumps as Josh and Cas hug. Then they kiss. And what hurts the most is that Cas kissed him.

Cas tells Josh so easily about what's going on, whilst Cas doesn't tell me anything when I ask him what's wrong.

I'm not angry at Josh, no. But at Cas. Josh kept telling him no, but Cas just keeps on kissing him. Heat surges through my body. I turn away I can't take it anymore. "Why are you showing me this? Why are you trying to hurt me?!" I yell at Azazel. He doesn't budge. He just stands there staring at me with a faint smirk. I look back at the film and Cas is beginning to unbutton Josh's shirt then I walk out of the room slamming the door behind me.

~

I walk into our bedroom. "There you are I-....what?" Cas says with a worried look. He sits on my bed. I take a deep breath then walk up to my bed. I grab my blanket and pillow then head out the door. "Dean, what's going on?" I hear Cas call after me. He doesn't catch up to me till we're outside. He grabs my wrist. "Dean! Tell me what's going on." He begs. I turn back to look at him. "Oh I think you know damn well what's going on right now." I say. He freezes. "Dean, I'm sorry." He says quietly. "Y'know maybe if you told me I would forgive you, but havven figured out from Azazel, no." I say raising my voice some. I tear slides down his cheek, I wonder if that's fake too. "Can I at least try to explain?" He asks, his voice shaking. I shake my head. "We are over."