Chapter 21

Months/weeks since Gwen's death: about 3 months (total 12 weeks)

Months/weeks since Cas responded: 2 months (total 8 weeks)

Dear Cas,

Things are getting bad. Dad has picked up drinking and he has started to yell at us a lot. For example:

I walked over and sat on the couch. Next to me, my dad said: "Did you buy me more beer?"
"Seriously?! I just bought you beer a day ago!"
"Well I need more, now. Go get some."
"I just got back from the store, plus we don't have the money to buy you beer every goddamn day!" I had said.
"Now you listen to me boy! I will not stick up with your bullshit! When I want beer you go get me beer! You understand?!" He had stood up by this time, while I was still sat on the couch. He had never acted that way before, never screamed at me-well at least not in that way. So I was shocked, all I did was nod like a little boy then I was off to get beer for him.

That's not the only time he had yelled at me tho, that was the first time but he has gotten used to that tone. He has even yelled at Sam. I'm not sure what he said but Sammy was terrified. He had cornered Sam and was yelling at him, when I walked in dad's fist was in a ball and Sam was shrinking in the corner. I dropped the stuff I was holding and ran over immediately. I had yelled at dad telling him to stop, I was scared he would hit me, for a second I thought he was about to but he eventually backed off.

Cas I'm scared. It's getting harder and harder to feed all three of us, I already have two jobs. That's on top of school, and taking care of Sam, dad, and the house. And with dad drinking now the money is going even quicker. Dad has stopped working by the way. Sam has tried to help but there's nothing he can really do.

Why won't you reply, Cas? Please.

-Dean