Chapter 6

"But you could've replied Cas." Dean says, annoyed.

"But what should've I said Dean? I didn't know what to say, so I stayed quiet!" I say raising my voice.

"I'm not sure Cas, but I was just trying to talk like you wanted to in the first place. What happened to working together?"

I chew on my bottom lip as I walk in front of Dean, towards the school.

I turn around to face him.

"Your the one that said I have to make up my mind. And right now I'm not sure what I want to do."

He runs his fingers through his hair.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have made it a big deal. I'll give you time and space. Let me know when you know." He says softly.

As he walks past me his hand brushes against mine.

I look down at my feet. I shuffle them then sigh and turn to walk to school.

It's a cloudy day today, I wonder if it's going to rain.

I don't want to break up with Dean completely but he gets so aggravating, and it makes me want to. I want the fighting and arguing to end, but I don't know if it will.

~

*a few days later*

Dean has kept his promise. He stayed his distance. We have barely talked.

"Thanks Castiel, you really helped." Sam says looking up at me.

I look down at his math work in front of me then look at him.

"Anytime." I say with a smile. I get off of his bed and exit the room.

"Cas!" I hear my mom call me from downstairs. I walk down to find her. "Yes?" I ask. "There's someone here for you." She says pointing at the front door. I look at her puzzled then walk over to the door.

I open it. Azazel stands in front of me. "What do you want?" I scowl.
"Oh I just wanted to see if the word on the street was true." He says with a smirk.
"What?"
"Y'know that you and Dean broke up.." His yellow eyes stare into mine.
I wonder how they are yellow.
"Why does it matter?"
"So that's a yes then?" He says tilting his head a bit.
"Not technically.."
"Mmm."
"So. You done now?" I ask leaning on the door frame.
"Awh, can't we just hangout? Get to know each other y'know."
"Leave."
"No."
"Leave."
"Fine, but don't get mad when-never mind.-"
"What.?" I demand.
"Spoilers. You'll figure out soon." He winks. "Goodbye Cassie." He turns around and walks away.

I stand there thinking about what he said for a few minutes.

I sigh then turn around and walk to the living room. I sit on the long couch. I turn my head towards the window, it's starting to get dark outside.

"Hey," I jump and turn my head towards Dean who is standing at the edge of the couch. He laughs a little. "Sorry. ..... er, but I wanted to take you somewhere, if that's fine?" He says shifting his feet.

I purse my lips as I think. "Yeah, I guess, where?"

"I'm gonna take you to a place in town." He answers.
I nod slowly. Then stand up.

I follow him out to his car.

Right before he gets into town he takes a sharp right turn on a bumpy dirt road. I look at him puzzled. He just smirks, but it's small.

We pull to a stop in a small clear piece of land in the neck of the woods. He gets out, I follow.

"It's a nice night out isn't it?" He says looking up at the dark blue sky.

"It is." I agree.

He walks to the middle of the empty space. I watch as he plops to the ground. I walk up to him and sit down, only about a foot away.

I tilt my head back to look up at the stars.

"This is my apology." He says looking at me. A small smile appears on my lips. I allow my fingers to touch the back of his hand gently. His eyes falls to his right hand that lies next to his leg, the one my fingers play on. He bites his lip.

I lie back putting my hands under my head. Dean does the same.

"Dean?"
"Yes?" He says.
"I have to tell you something."
"Mmhm?"
"Azazel came to see me today, he said to not get mad when something happens, soon. We were talking about you, well kinda. But, is there anything I need to know?" I ask.
He mutters something then turns his head over. "No, there's nothing, well nothing I know of. He's just messing with us."
"Kay."

After a while we head back home.

(I'm gonna switch to Dean's POV for the ending of this chapter (: .)

I roll over again. And again. And again.

I sigh. I try to close my eyes and fall asleep but I can't. It's like it's impossible.

I open my eyes again when I hear another noise. It sounds like Cas moving above me. Then he jumps down from the top bunk. He turns to look at me, I shut my eyes. He exits the room quietly.

After a few minutes later he comes back in but instead of going back up to his bunk he sits on my bed.

"You're a bad actor, did you know that?" He says.
"I am not." I argue prompting my head on my hand. What is he doing? I ask myself.

"Are you going to let me lie with you or not?" He finally says looking at me. I smile then scoot over. He leans back into my chest. I wrap my arms around him. I sigh with relief. I guess this is his way of saying he is staying?

Suddenly I get tired and when I look down at Cas' face he is asleep already.

I close my eyes and drift off.