Chapter 29

DEAN

A few weeks later.

Well, let's just say Azazel is in jail. Thank god. I swear he is insane. I wish I could kill him. And, if we're being honest, I would've, but we never talked privately so I didn't get the chance. I hate him with a passion.

Also Cas got his foot checked out again, it's not that bad, he doesn't need the crutches anymore.

"So, what do you want to do to celebrate?" I ask Cas. "Celebrate?" He says. "Yes! Celebrate!" I say grabbing both of his hands and pulling him closer to me. "Look we've both been through a lot, a lot. So why not have a little fun? We both deserve it don't you think?" I say. He thinks about this. "I guess..." He says. "Okay, awesome. What do you want to do? I heard someone's having a party tonight, would you want to go?" I suggest. Cas looks at me. "Sure." He says. I smile.

I find Sam who is in his room, of course. "Hey Sammy!" I say walking in. He's playing video games. "Hey Dean." He says, without looking at me. "Um, me and Cas are going to hangout with a few friends tonight, is that fine?" I ask. "I guess." He says, too focused in his game. "Alright, awesome. Oh and Dad shouldn't be getting home till late tonight, but if anything happens, call me." I say. He glances at me and nods. "Got it." Then he resumes playing his game.

I haven't really talked to our friends for a long time. Every once and awhile we'd have small talk but we haven't actually hung out since before all the stuff happened. So it was nice to catch up with them.

I take another sip of my drink. Which was vodka. Me and Cas were both drinking, everybody was, except for the few people who left early. I hadn't thought about it before. Of course we would go back home, we were not staying the night. I didn't want to leave Sammy home alone with John. "Shiiiit." I say, putting my head on Cas' shoulder. "Huh?" He asks. "I got to drive home." I say. "I could drive if you want." I shake my head, sitting up straight. "You're equally wasted dude." I say with a small laugh. "Oh.... yeah." He says, looking back at the fire.

We hang out for about twenty minutes longer.

"You ready to go?" I ask, looking down at the tired Cas, who is leaning on me. "Yeah." He says. We say bye to our friends. Meg wanted us to stay but I denied.

The drive home was a mess. I could not drive straight to save my life. Thank god I didn't get pulled over.

Driving down the road to our house Cas started laughing. "What are you laughing about?" I ask, glancing over at him. "We are so fucking drunk." He says. I laugh, swerving over to the other side of the road again. "Where's the bottle?" I ask. "You shouldn't drink anymore." He says, handing it to me anyways. I take a sip then hand it back. We turn in our driveway, nearly hitting my dad's car. I open the door and stumble out. Never mind. I did hit his car. "Aw fuck!" I say, looking at the dent in his car. Cas walks-or stumbles-over. "Oh poop." He says. "It's alright, don't worry about it." He adds.

We walk to the house and stumble inside. We start laughing at ourselves. I shut the front door then lean over to Cas, pressing him to the wall. We laugh in between kisses.

I take the bottle from his hand and drink some. "Lets get upstairs." I say, starting to walk away. "Ow ow ow. Crap." He says. I turn around and he is against the wall, standing on one foot. He hurt his right foot, which was the broken one. "C'mere." I say, walking over to him. I give him the bottle of vodka, then turn around. He climbs on my back. I try giving him a piggy back ride-let's just say it was a complete fail. We nearly completely tumbled to the ground. I lean on the kitchen counter. "This isn't going to work going upstairs, we are too drunk."I say laughing my ass off. "I can't breathe." I hear Cas say through his laughter. Then the lights turn on-oh yeah, did I mention we were doing this in complete darkness to?-and I hear someone walk down the stairs. I turn my head to see who it is. Thank god it's just Sammy. "Oh hi Sam." I say. "What the hell are you guys doing?" He asks. "We're, uh, y'know.." I say, making weird hand gestures, while Cas just laughs-still on my back. "Are you drunk? Oh my god you guys are drunk." Sam groans. "No! We are sober!" I say. Then, my worst mistake, I try walking over to him. We stumble closer to Sam. Then I put Cas down, letting him lean on me though. "Okay maybe just a little." I say. Cas sticks his arm that is holding the bottle out to Sam. "Want some?" He asks. Then quickly I smack his hand down. "Dude! Do not offer my little brother alcohol!" I say. Cas just laughs at me, even Sam laughs a bit. "You need to shut up though. If you wake up dad he'll be pissed." Sam says. "Okay, we can do that." I say with a straight face, which quickly turns into a smile.

Cas pushes the bottle into my hands. "I'm going to be sick." He says. Let's just say he did not make it to the trash can. "Oh, my god." Sam says turning away from Cas. He glares an annoyed look at me. "What? He'll be fine... maybe." I say. "I swear to god Dean, if you wake up dad-" I wave my hand at him making him be quiet. "Both of you need to get to bed, quietly." He says. "Okay, okay! We are going." I say. I walk over to Cas who is leaning over putting his hands on his knees. I put my hand on his hip. "You okay?" I ask. He nods and stands up straight. "We need to go or Sam's gonna scream at us." I say.

We manage to get up stairs to our room. I can't say we were exactly quiet though. We nearly fell to our death a thousand times, and Cas would not stop laughing, which of course made me laugh.

I shut the door once we get in our room. Cas is still laughing. What a goofball. I can't help but grin at him. "Sit down." I say, walking closer to him. He shakes his head. He lifts his finger up, about to say something. Then he frowns. "What are you doing?" I ask, half laughing at him. "I forgot what I was going to say. It was intelligent though, I'll tell you that." He says. "Yeah ok." I say, gently pushing him down on the bed. "Oh, thanks. This is a sexier view of you." He says. I try not to blush like a goofball.

"Where's the bottle?" He asks, perching himself up. "I don't think you or I need anymore of that." I say, then throw myself on the bed so I'm lying on my stomach. I rest my head on my arms and close my eyes. "You okay?" Cas asks. "I feel sick." I say. "Don't throw up on the bed." He says. I can't tell if he was joking or being serious. He puts a hand on my back and rubs it. It feels amazing.

The next morning was unpleasant. I felt like shit and John was being an asshole. I'm not even gonna go through all the things he screamed at me. Cas and Sam tried to help but I told them to stay out of it. Well more like screamed at them. I didn't mean to but I was pissed and not feeling good, what was I suppose to do?

I just want my dad back. But the monster that has taken over won't allow that.

Thank god he has work today. But apparently he is going to be late because of me. It's not like I'm the one that spent his morning yelling at him then shoved him up against the wall before he left.

(A/n this is right after John left for work)

I take a few breathes. I hear his car screeching out of the driveway then I run upstairs.

"Pack your stuff we are leaving." I tell Sam, who was sitting on his bed, Cas was sitting next to him. I quickly walk into my room. Cas follows in after me. "What are you doing?" He asks. "Just pack." I say, not making eye contact. I start throwing my stuff in a bag. "Dean!" Cas grabs my arm and spins me around towards him. "Talk to me, please." He says. "I can't handle it anymore Cas, we're leaving. We will take all the money we can and find our own paradise like we said. I don't want to see him again. I can't-" I breakdown. I try to hold the tears back but fail. "Okay." Cas says then he pulls me to him. I hide my face in his shirt. He combs my hair with his fingers and he holds me until I pull away. When I do he stares into my eyes then let's me go. I look away and start putting stuff into the bag again and so does he.

We get only the stuff we need. We don't have the room to bring everything. We are forced to leave few of our loved things behind.

We take as much money as we can, just enough to get us by for a few days. A thousand questions swarm in my head. Where will we go? Can we make it? What's going to happen? But I don't let them change my mind.

"Okay, is that it?" I ask them, putting the last bag in the trunk. "Yeah, I think." Sam says. "Alright, I just need to use the bathroom real quick." I say then go inside.

I lied. I write a letter to my dad. I explain everything, why we're leaving and such. Just as I sign it off Cas walks in. I took too long. He sees what I am doing but he doesn't bother asking to read it. I fold it and put it on the counter where my dad will see it. I stand there still for a second thinking it all over. Then I feel arms wrap around my waist. "We're doing the right thing Dean. It's best for all of us, including John." He says. After a minute of silence I say; "Yeah.... I guess." He grabs my hand. "C'mon it's time to go. I can drive if you want." He says. "Please." We go to the car and Cas drives us away from our ex-home.