XIAnnabeth

Annabeth walked with Percy to his room. When they reached the door, she noticed his expression.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, cautiously.

Percy pushed open the door, "I...I don't want to worry you." He smiled at her, but Annabeth read deeper into his countenance. Under the smile of concern was a look of worry, angst, and...hatred. Annabeth followed Percy into the room.

"Tell me," she begged. Percy sat on his bed, his head in his hands, but didn't answer.

"Percy!" She walked over to him, her hands on her hips, "I know what you're thinking. You think you are going to sneak off alone and rescue her!"

Percy had told Annabeth of his earlier dream about his mother. But Percy had cut off shortly, as if there were some part he didn't want her to know. She was determined to find out what it was.

Percy raised his head, "I...what? No!" She glared at him, "Alright. So maybe I was... Annabeth, what am I supposed to do?"

"Let me...us help you!"

He shook his head, "It's not that simple. I would if..."

There it was again. It was like he kept cutting himself off before he said something. But what was it?

"What?" she asked, "Tell me."

He looked right into her eyes, then back at his hands, "I can't do that to you."

Annabeth's angry stance softened a little. She sat next to him on the bed, holding both of his hands in her's. Looking him in those beautiful sea-green eyes, she said urgently, "Percy, I can't just let you go without knowing every bit of information. Please," she reached up and moved a lock of hair out of his face.

His eyes pained for a moment, then hardened. He took a deep breath, "Fine. But, I really don't know how to say this to you," Percy gripped her hands tightly, "Don't get mad, but...and I'm sure you've already guessed...Polybotes isn't just going to hand over my mom. He wants..." He looked down.

Annabeth closed her eyes against the realization at what he was saying, "he wants you."

Percy nodded slowly. Annabeth looked down at their clasped hands, and realised Percy's were shaking. Her boyfriend was trembling, but not with pain this time, he was trembling with fear. Whatever was in that dream had scared him bad, and that wasn't easy to do.