XIIPiper

Later that day, Piper and Jason sat together on deck, just watching the clouds. Piper could have sat there for hours, leaning against Jason's chest, talking about silly things, but Jason had to change the subject.

"I had a dream yesterday in sickbay."

Piper felt the mood suddenly drop, this couldn't be good, "About?"

Jason sighed, "Paleus, the dragon is dead. Octavian has officially attacked camp. And..." He hesitated, looking in her eyes, "In a different seen, Reyna and Coach Hedge were fighting off some kind of monster..." He shook his head, "I don't know that Reyna and Nico will get the statue there on time!"

Piper pulled away from him and looked at him in alarm, "Paleus is dead?"

"What?" Annabeth said, coming up the stairs.

Jason looked up and took a deep breath, "Paleus is dead, Octavian has entered Camp."

Annabeth's eyes widened as shock, then fear, then anger crossed her expression, "Isn't there anything good today?"

"I ate a sandwich this morning!" Leo said, joining the conversation.

No one laughed. Leo's forced smile quickly faded.

Piper asked Annabeth, "What else happened?"

Annabeth murmered a response.

"What?" The others said in unison.

Annabeth closed her eyes as if debating silently how much to tell them, "Just a stupid dream Percy had."

Everyone looked at her to continue, but she said, "I'll let Percy tell you what he wants to. It's kind of personal."

"Where is he?" Jason asked.

Annabeth made a worried face, "Locked up in his room, pacing."

Leo screwed up his eyebrows, "Come on, the dream couldn't be that bad!" Then he saw the look on Annabeth's face, "Could it?"

Annabeth looked like she was about to cry. Piper stood up and pulled her below deck.

"What's gotten into you?" She asked, genuinely worried.

Annabeth looked down, "It's Percy. I think...Pipes, I think he might leave."

If Annabeth hadn't looked so worried, Piper might have laughed. Percy Jackson, savior of Olympus, back out on a quest? That didn't sound like the Percy she knew.

Piper screwed up her face in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Annabeth hesitated for the slightest moment, then she replied, "In his dream...Percy saw Polybotes."

"That anti-Poseidon giant?"

Annabeth nodded, "He had something...someone extremely important to Percy. He wants to trade it for...for...for Percy."

Piper suddenly realised the entirety of the situation. If Percy wanted to save this...person, he would have to give himself up. It reminded Piper of when Enciladas kidnapped her dad and held him hostage, waiting for her. A sudden thought occurred to her.

"Was it his mom?"