XXIPercy

Ow. That was the only thought running through Percy's mind. The burns, the black eye, the lashes, and finally the fresh knife wound added up in just over twenty-four hours amounted to a lot of pain.

Before Annabeth pulled the knife out, Percy was having enough trouble staying contious. With the knife gone, the blood seeped out of him and his head started spinning. Jaz came over with water and ambrosia, but it didn't have much of an immediate effect.

The world was spinning, the worried voices of his friends all mixed together. Percy let himself fall off of his elbows. He had to arch his back to avoid touching the cruel wood.

Annabeth sat beside him, stroking his hair as Jaz began wrapping his wounded arm. He caught only snatches of the conversation going on above him.

"...abrosia?"

"That was the last..."

And then in the background Carter and Jason were discussing the coming battle:

"...going to fight?"

"I don't think we have a choice."

"But he's in no condition..."

A new voice, Frank's, joined in, "Either they attack the ship and all our supplies, or we attack them first."

"Right," Walt said, "We can leave Percy on the ship if he can't fight."

"Percy wouldn't like-" but Jason didn't finish because a new voice, a voice Percy knew well, interrupted him.

"Where is he?"

Percy opened his eyes and, with Annabeth's help, sat up. Pushing his way through Percy's friends, was Poseidon.

"Dad...?" Percy rasped, "What're you...?"

Poseidon smiled at him in a sad, worried kind of way, "My arch-enemy drags my son into my realm and tortures him, I'm not just going to sit there and watch it happen."

Percy was still trying to wrap his brain around the fact that his dad was actually here, showing favoratism, first of all, and in his Greek form, aparantly without the headaches.

"B...but...?" Percy started but Poseidon crouched down next to him, reached his hand out and touched Percy's forehead.

Immediately, Percy felt much better. He could feel water droplets rolling over his skin, seeping into him and healing his many injuries. It was over in a second. Percy didn't ache with anything except for hunger.

He sighed and rose to his feet, "Woah."

Poseidon stood as well and put his hand on Percy's shoulder.

"Thanks Dad. I..." Percy didn't know if he would've made it to the next day if Poseidon hadn't shown up, "I didn't really expect to see any gods around here."

Poseidon nodded solemnly, "And we probably wouldn't be here if not for that son of Hades."

It took Percy a moment to process what he meant.

Annabeth spoke first, "You mean they made it?"

Poseidon lashed an impressed smile, "Yes, but its really all thanks to you, I suppose we have the statue at all."

Annabeth nodded, but Percy had another thought.

"You said we...?"

Poseidon nodded seriously, "We."