XXVIII Percy

Jason collapsed in front of Percy. With all the dracanae gone, there was a wide circle around the two boys.  Percy crossed the distance between him and Jason. Percy wasn't great at first aid, but he pulled out the arrows and wrapped Jason's arm in scraps from his shirt.

Percy looked back at the Argo II, just a few yards away. Then he looked at the army which would soon close up the space around the boys.

Jason needed medical attention, Percy had to get him out of there. Carefully, Percy hefted Jason onto his shoulders.

Jason moaned and Percy began stumbling back to the ship. Percy got half way back when Piper screamed.

Percy looked behind him to see Piper running toward him.

Percy's back ached, Jason wasn't quite as light as a feather. So Percy set him down gently and waited for Piper to catch up.

Piper knelt down and kissed Jason's sweaty face. When she looked up she asked,

"What happened?"

Percy told her how he has noticed Jason wasn't doing so hot against the dracanae, had run over as Jason got hit by the first arrow. Then Percy had tried his best to defend his friends from more arrows, but failed at that.

"Piper," Percy said, "go back to the ship and get Jaz. I'll make sure nothing else happens to him." He gestured to the army behind them.

Piper looked about to protest, but seemed to think better off it.

Percy heaved Jason back onto his shoulders and wobbled toward the Argo II. Jaz was waiting for him. Carefully, Percy laid Jason on deck and Jaz set to work. In no time, Jason was sitting up, groaning.

Piper pushed him back down, “Oh no you don’t.”

“Hey Pipes,” Jason mumbled rubbing his eyes with his left hand.

Jaz poured some sort of ointment onto the wounds and Jason flinched, “Ow!” he complained, weakly.

“He’s lost a lot of blood,” Jaz told them, “I don’t really expect him to stay awake long. He would have been better off if you’d kept the arrows in, at least the blood would have stayed in.”

“Sorry,” Percy grumbled.

Fire blazed suddenly behind them.

“What...was that?” Jason gasped, attempting to sit up again.

Holding her boyfriend down, Piper gasped, “It’s Leo!”

Percy looked to where the son of Hephaestus was surrounded, by both flames and monsters. Percy couldn’t see much from this far away, but it looked like Leo was struggling against something.

Percy looked to Piper and Jason, “Stay here, I’ll go help Valdez.”

Without waiting for a response, Percy dashed off the ship, drawing Riptide in the process, and ran toward the flames.

Percy Jackson Blood of Olympus (Percy Jackson fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara