Chapter 64: Reappearance of the Riddlers

Guys, you're almost caught up to me.

I have 7 unedited draft chapters left on my stash here and on Wattpad but with the lack of a personal computer, I am afraid you will finally catch up to me.

Adding the lack of cash to rent a computer on a net shop... sigh...

Why is fate like this?

Anyways, please enjoy this chapter.

I will try my best to write as fast and post as regularly as I can.

These are chapters 64 to 68

Enjoy.

Xp

================================
Chapter 64: Reappearance of the Riddlers
================================

"Why must we stop the attack?"

"Deputy Commander!" the marshal disregarded ranks at this moment when he shouted because this reply had put the units under his command in jeopardy.

As the commander, the lives of his unit were his own responsibility. If they die like this, shot in the ass with no way to retaliate, would that make their deaths in vain and a waste?

Why did they even come here in the first place?

The Deputy spoke as if the Bishop is a trivial character.

From his tone, there was no trace of respect towards the Bishop and this made Marshal D'Catch's nape feel itchy from rage and fear.

Under his mask, Thorn frowned at this attitude of the Deputy Commander but before he could even say a word, Deputy Commander Ravenous said with an uncaring gesture of his hand.

"I gave you your orders earlier, Marshal D'Catch. You are the Strike Commander of this Armada and the glory of The Legion lies on your ability to delay this Elder God. If we get our hands on The Providence and then successfully control the Blood Dragon God, not even this small existence of an Elder God will be able to stop us on our plans. Do you now get the importance of your mission? Delay him from approaching at all cost... even in the expense of your own life. That's all you need to do."

After he spoke of this, the Deputy bat an uncaring eye at the Bishop and his Real@D rendering blinked into disappearance without a care for the latter's reaction.

Marshal D'Catch was in a loss for words.

Was he and his Turquoise Armada had just been rendered sacrifices?

Thorn, looking at the horrified expression on the man's face, thought of something and with a wave of a hand, the charging of the Bloody Mary Cannons of the three warships of the three guilds paused, as the bombardment ceased on coming.

"Marshal." Thorn spoke and his tone was kind yet still calm. If there was something that changed this time, it is that he was now looking at D'Catch directly.

When D'Catch faced the Bishop, he couldn't help but grit his teeth and ponder whether to retaliate or not.

But the attack never came and he also noticed that the bombardment had also stopped.

"I have my orders. I shall comply with—" this thought was running on his mind when he heard the words of the Bishop.

"Marshal, following a leader that can disregard a unit as if they are insignificant ants isn't worth a single ounce of sacrifice."

The marshal was surprised by these words.

"What are you... trying to say?"

From start to finish, there were no changes on the NPC's expressions. And even when he was speaking of something of this level of emotional impact, he was still like a calm underground lake, untouched by the turbid storm of the outside world.