Chapter 106: Legacy

Author's Note: I have arranged for each of these chapters to be posted with a 10-minute gap each so that you guys can properly digest every word of it.

And I hope you will.

On a side note, a few significant part of these last chapters may seem like a wall of words but if you'd take your time to digest them (since chapter 89), you can imagine the big picture that Janus had been looking at.

In that regard, if you did do this and had it implanted in your heart, you will like this chapter much further. Because... well... just read it and then comment your reaction down on the box below.

.

.

.

================================
Chapter 106: Legacy
================================

The [Cage] has two special and specific tasks:

(1) (The most important one); to protect the last Chaos Gods from dying to Siva's wrath;

(2) To preserve the Chaos Gods and have them watch over this world as sentinels and defenders of the [server] from any attacks that may come from within.

Aside from the last [seal] which is [Siva] himself, there was practically no one and nothing else that has the ability to cross over this [Cage] and arrive to the very gate of this world and that world.

What more... even if there was something or someone that was capable of reaching the Cage, Janus had already put the [key] in the [key hole] of the gate of the [server] so there was now no way to open it in any way.

And even the gravest of all the possible worst- case-scenarios where the threat was able to get past the [cage], that threat will still never be able to open the [server] without the express approval of Janus, or at least not having the same [status] as him, aside from not having the [key]... by which regard is impossible since there is only three of such status and one of these [status slots] being Scion herself.

Before Janus 'died' by Mefisto's hand, he was still able to resolve the problem of inheriting this slot legacy by actually "allowing" someone inherit it.

It should be noted that such legacy carried with it a very important and very large responsibility.

If the inheritor of his Legacy is someone with a corrupted heart or even just the slightest trace of greed and selfish intent, it could spell doom for all of the people living in this universe.... because that person could control the events and tie the fates of everything in this universe to suit his/her whim.

As long as the person wanted, he could control the fates and manipulate certain events so that the greatest items, names, place, or even events, will all be attributed to his/her name.

Yet, that was just the superficial part of it.

If that person willed it, he/she can even control the flow of this world's [events] to give bias support to all his/her allies, and then open the gates to the [server], and act as the ultimate sovereign, invading the [world outside this world] without that [world] knowing it.

Banks, [TOP SECRET] Military Assets, Nuclear and Laser Satellite Protocols, Private Home Security Systems, all possible things one could imagine that was connected to the internet and the neuronet will be susceptible to this person's control and whim, giving him/her the ability to control everyone's lives.