Chapter 49.

Chapter 49 :- It was my fault.

So close to 50 chappies.. 😆😆

***************

'The long distance.. Don't you get tired?'

'Sometimes...'

'Why don't you find someone there,... Someone closer..'

'I can, but to me you're already the closest..'

- By scribble stories.

***************

Manik.

I was talking with Nandini on the phone, just then I heard a loud noise and her scream. I left the phone in reflex.

I rushed to grab my car keys and my phone. I drove really fast to her place. By the time I reach, Chachi was crying and Chacha was looking for a cab.

"Chachi where's Nandini."

"Manik woh Nandu Usse... "

"Chachi mujhe pata hai let's go to the hospital."

I went inside and my heart bled at the sight. She was unconscious. Her right feet was injured and it was tied with duppata. I picked her up in my arms and made her lay on Chachi's lap in the back seat while Chacha sat with me on the front seat.

"Manik Tujhe kaise pata chala?"

"Chacha ji Mai Nandini se baat kar raha tha, aur mujhe aisi aawaz aayi toh I rushed over here."

"Thank you Manik beta varna iss time pe toh cab bhi nai milti."

"Koi baat nai Chachi."

We reached the hospital and I picked Nandini up in my arms, she was completely unconscious and I couldn't bear it. To see her like that, somewhere there was a needle which was piercing my heart and causing it to ache.

Soon the doctor came and she was admitted into ICU.

I walked around the corridors of the hospital.

It's was all my fault, it was definitely my fault. How didn't I see this coming? I knew that Jia is trying to harm her, how... How couldn't I be more careful? It was irresponsible of me. The harm caused to her is due to me. I'm the only one who has to be blamed.

A tear slipped off my eyes as I saw her through the glass doors of the hospital. She was lying on the bed. Unconscious. Her eyes closed. The face which always had smile was expression less because of me... Only me.. I wanted to be the person behind her laughs, instead I.. I made her reach to this condition.

She's an angel, my angel, my love. She always stood up for me like a shining star, but me? What did I do..

I wiped my tears and looked at Chachi who was crying I sat beside her and consoled her that Nandini would be fine.

After few minutes the doctor came outside.

"She's fine right?" I asked as soon as she came outside.