Prologue

I looked in the mirror, right back at me stared cold, sad broken eyes that tried eagerly to hide what pain tried to show. As I looked at myself in the eye, I knew that I wasn't happy.  I couldn't help but feel the shallowness I felt on the inside. I could taste the bitter residue that the past had left on my tongue. They say each betrayal begins with trust and the saddest thing betrayal never comes from your enemies. Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it. 

What's the worst that can happen?

At that moment, I heard the chime of my phone.

Ping Ping 

I looked down slowly at my phone and saw I had a message from a guy named Damien. Saying 'hi', it was funny since I saw I had never spoken to him.

So I proceeded to run through his Facebook page. As I browsed through his profile I examined his features. He had long black in mid-shoulder length hair that made him look cute { just my type }, he had a black beard and mouth stash that was faded in colour which made him look manly but yet boyish at the same time. I  swallowed a lump that had developed in my throat. No butterflies were there since I thought it was too soon for moving on from someone.

As I continued browsing his profile I had this feeling as if my stomach was upturning over and over making me shifty on the toilet seat. When I caught my self I picked up the phone and replied 'Hay', within what felt like a couple of seconds he replied saying. 

 "I saw you at that Soccer game on Sunday."

Hmm, that was quick I thought, straight to the point this boy wasn't beating around the bush.

I quickly replied. 

  "Oh, I think I might have seen you...".

I waited for a few minutes to see if he would respond but to no avail. So I decided to apply mild makeup to go. 

I applied some lipgloss to my lips I picked up my bag, put my products in and headed to the classroom I turned and noticed my friends smirking at me they all said in unison in a strong Guyanese slang.

"Juliet is who man you texting."

Knowing my friends I sucked my teeth and said in sarcasm using their Guyanese slang. 

" Y 'all leave me alone okay, anyways it's not any of y'all business. "

I then proceeded to go to my class for math, I was preparing for my final exam to come out of school which I couldn't wait for. 
From these words exchanged by myself and Damien evolved a neutral friendship between us.  But was he trying to achieve a common goal which most guys have? ... I was yet to find out. 

A/N 

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WELL PLANED AND CRAFTED VAMPIRE BOOK CALLED SIN LUST A VAMPIRE...FREQUENT UPDATED DONE ON THAT BOOK TWICE EVERY WEEK.

Hi, I'm Ariel... This is my first book and I'm very happy that you choose to read my book.

I know this isn't the best prologue but I promise the book gets better as you read.

Kindly Vote on my book and follow me to know when I'll be updating this book and I'll love to hear your constructive criticism on my writing. Thank you again and read to know what happens next !!!

Love Ariel❤

Word count 560