Nothing's Better

Right after I sent the message to Keke she replied saying she would meet me in the afternoon at Starbucks where we would get to talk more.

I signed

This would be a whole lot of talking to do since she was the dramatic type always hype and never down. She was My rock and a hard place whenever I would be down. 

********

So I climbed into my car and drove to Starbucks and though she was across the country she told me over our last call that she was in town and had moved in her old house and that we would be seeing more each other. When I arrived at the cafe I headed straight to a cubicle near the window at the back. With lights shining just enough for us to enjoy a little enchanted evening as friends with the sunset showing hints of purple, orange and yellow dashed into the perfect ombre.

Making the lights of the environment in an overcast light of a warm orange-yellow. As I was taking in the scenery I looked outside to find that Keke pulled up in a black Range Rover. As she walked out I noticed she never missed the opportunity even in a hurry to dress fashionably. Coming out dressed in black jeans with a black lace top showing a lot of cleavages.

Dam this girl loved to show what she got.

I thought about this as I rolled my eyes, as she was entering the cafe she pushed the door with a huge amount of force for the door make a loud bang. Causing everyone's attention to go to her as she casually walked over to me with a wide smile spreading from ear to ear.

"What's up love," she said as she walked over to me holding her arms wide open waiting for her hug.

I was looking at her thinking how she hasn't changed even though we haven't seen one another in ages besides the party she so happen to attend when I had that encounter with Eva and when she came to visit me at my house.

"Bītch get the hell up and big me", I spread my eyes wide open in shock and she marched over to me.

" Geez, I'm coming no need to rush me oman". I said this whole time rolling my eyes for the second time in her presence. She had a way of bringing out the worst and tended to annoy the shít out of me.

I got up and hugged her, she wasted no time in showing her strength lifting my frame with ease, just before letting me go. To my relief she finally let me go and we got to sit without all the eyes staring at us. As soon as we sat down she started to fumble in her bag looking for something. When the fumbling wasn't working so started to empty her bag first taking out her blusher, foundation, eyeliner and lastly her lipstick a bright red. She always held Nicki Manji as her role model for a make-up look.

For what felt like two minutes watching Keke empty a lot of stuff I never thought could fit into a little handbag she finally pulled out a six-inch fold-up bedazzled knife. As she looked up her eyes glittered what mischief.

"Do you know we're going to do with this." She said waving it under the table so no one would get scared.

"I have no idea, that's why I kinda asked for your intervention. "

"Hmmm." She said this as she looked at my facial expressions before speaking again.

"What's so important you had to send that code who messed with you cause imma rip that bîtch throat out". I wasn't surprised at all by her. As I said before she was a dramatic person the only difference about her it that she did actions with whatever she said.

I began by telling her where it all started.
" Well it started when we went to that party, do you remember that guy that I was talking too before I disappeared with him. Well, we kinda went into a jacuzzi and we were half-naked talking when his girlfriend showed up when we were about to kiss". I trailed off because of all the fine details that needed to know. All knew all along I somehow felt like I should be careful of what I said in the open to be on the safe side. 

We ended up talking for two hours about the story and doing some catching up at the same time. After paying our bill we headed to our cars to hear to my place Keke had already have her bags packed to move in with me so all was left now was for her to get settled in. 

As we stepped in the house my nose was hit with the most delicious smell I've ever smelt in a long time it smelt like the times when mom would cook and the whole family would sit at the table to eat and everyone's stomach would be rammed to the fullest. 

Keke turned to me, " Juliet the food smell proper I didn't know you would have cooked for me."

"Keke I didn't cook," I said with a stern voice, so she turned to me and motioned for us to go to the kitchen, when we arrived in the kitchen we saw two pots on the stove one with steamed rice and the other with stew.

Keke opened the stewpan and smelled it. she then raised the spoon to her mouth preparing to taste the stew when I asked the question.

WHERE'S MY DOG!

***************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

What a weird twist is Juliet's dog the stew find out in the next chapter.

Don't forget to 

VOTE 

COMMENT

FOLLOW ME