A strong sign

I was face to face with danger as I stared at the unknown person in the distance. The person stared at me from the distance. Our eyes locked. I could feel the temperature dropping with every step the person took.

I looked at Keith to see if he was panicking as much as I was. Surprisingly Keith had an unreadable face. So I asked if he knew who it was to my complete surprise he answered me saying. With horrified eyes

"  Yes, it's my girlfriend". 

His girlfriend!  I knew he said he had a girlfriend but I didn't think she would be crazy as I was I guess I should have listened to Julie. 

From what he told me I turned to him not knowing whether I should run or wait to see what plays out. That moment I heard my favourite voice, Julie. 

"Juliet, I told you that he was bad news. look what u have done you cause our plan to become complicated now we have another person added to our plan and that makes it difficult. But you are not going to back down from her you are going to stand up to her". 

The person walking to us now identified as Keith's girlfriend walked to us slowly. I thought to myself how could I have been so stupid to not suspect that his girlfriend would find out so quickly. But it wasn't that fact she found out fast its the situation she found me in, half naked.

As I was in my deep thoughts she has reached us and I waited patiently but nervously. When I looked up at her I saw that Keith's girlfriend was a complete beauty rocking an all over black with grey combat suit along with her hair dyed in a black and dark blue ombre. She just stood hovering over us with her eyes switching between me and Keith. Keith stood up out of the water and I did the same in order to be able to run if the situation permitted me.  

He started his pleading, with the line all men use often saying. 

" Vanessa I can explain, this is not what it looks like". 

As he continued to ramble a lot of excuses to get out of the situation I continued to observe Vanessa's movements. I noticed her anger only grew with each word he spoke. She made a sudden move even I wasn't expecting. She dropped her large hunting rifle to her side and pulled out a low-recoil firearm and placed it to Keith's head and she rolled her eyes and let out a deep sigh. 

With cold hard face and darkness growing in her eyes she looked at me.  Part of me wanted to run, yet I knew that I hadn't come this far to flee just yet. My breath quickened and I used every muscle in my body to stifle a whimper. As I looked at Keith the colour quickly drained from his face. 

Tears slowly slide down his cheeks one at a time. As this played out in front of me I decided to video what was going on. In order to don't be a suspect in the video, I decided to talk and also play the victim with the phone now in my wet underwear videoing through the fabric I ensure that the flash wasn't on. 

Her attention was now drawn to me and for the first time in all the while she was intimidating myself and Keith she spoke to me saying in a hoarse voice. " I'm going to let you go because you are not the deceiving one he is, I bet he didn't even tell you he has a girlfriend". I nodded my head just wanting to get out the situation I was in because I was helpless even though I had all the skills to take her down using my strength. One thing she had over me was that she had guns and its been a while since I've used on and I didn't want any eye witness to see what I was capable of.  

She continued saying, " As for my lovely boyfriend Keith I'll teach him a lesson". 

When she was finishing talking if I could go and with the nod of her head, I started to run I constantly look back to see if she was following me or even aiming the gun at me but she wasn't doing anything. I guess she wasn't as smart as I sort her out to be. 

I steady my breath and try to calm the panic. For what just played out was still fresh in my memory. As I ran through the house which was completely empty I don't even think the owner of the house was in even in his own house. From the back door to the living room was in place but as I looked at the front door had a big hole in it obviously from the loud sound I heard as she was entering the house. 

I realised I was still in her vicinity and I wasn't safe so I quickly looked for my car I observed the car check under it I checked my engine and then I jumped in my car started it waited outside the vehicle a couple of minutes before jumping in back then zoomed off to a restaurant to create a detour then I stayed there for a half hour before leaving observing my surroundings then I drove home. In all, I spent two hours on the road circling and stalling before going home as soon as I got out my clothes I remembered my phone which was recording. 

When I opened the phone there wasn't any video saved from today the phone shut down because of low battery. That night I went to bed in fear but the next morning I woke up feeling fresh as ever and vibrant and ready for the day.

 So I turned on the television as I usually do every morning I turned up the volume and went into the kitchen making myself breakfast. I was making myself some coffee when the news report announced. 

" This morning the body of a teenager was discovered at the back of a house party with a gunshot wound to the head, he was positively identified as Keith Richards". 

 The sudden shock made me tense my muscles which caused me to drop the cup of coffee. A cold wave embalmed me as the hairs rose on the back of my neck and my mouth ran dry. My teeth chattered in fear of the fact that I lost the one person that has kept me happy. 

Yet another chapter but with a turn of events. What will be Keith's girlfriend move will Juliet be next, stay tuned to find out. 

thank you for your support in this book. I'm proud to announce that Ive entered the wattys2019 and I look forward to more support.

Thank you and don't forget to...

Like

Comment

Follow