Suspicious

I could feel my body floating as I was in a dark place, with a voice speaking so gentle I would think she was an angel.

 " Why did you knock her out you were just supposed to leave the eggplant and go", said the angelic voice. Shortly after I heard a grunt coming from my left side. I heard the faint footsteps leave my room.

.......................

I woke up the next morning with a migraine, the pain coming and going as it pleased. I slowly opened my eyes having a blurred vision, the sun's rays wasn't helping much with my vision but it soon adjusted to the lights. I slowly got up from the doorway, as I rose I could feel the weakness of my muscles. They felt as though I was in a coma for months and my muscles had to get used to walking. 

It took me a while to compose myself to be able to walk to the bathroom where I was faced with the horrible reflection of my face, swollen eyes, bruised face and the most aggravating of them all a large bloody bruise on my forehead. As I examined the damage on my forehead I'd come to a decision that the bruise was, in fact, deep, it was passed the epidermis of my skin. Reaching into my cabinet over my sink I took out a white piece of cloth along with a first aid kit. I rest the things on the sink and turned the water on. All along my head swing with a shocking headache, the first attempt to wash the blood of was met with excruciating pain. 

I thought to myself at that moment.

"Could this get any better".
I had to winch my way through the pain in order to clean the wound I met on my face. After cleaning the smudged blood off my face. The sink was slowly draining from the red pigments of my blood.

I slowly strolled to my radio on my toilet.

I know a weird place to put something like that.

I turned the dial to my favourite station, which always seemed to play my type of music R&B mixed with a hint of every genre of music. This morning One last night by Vault was playing.

Just the claiming music I needed with the violin playing gracefully.

I sang my heart out trying to get the trauma to be a faded experience. After all, I've been through worst than that.
I got in the shower scrubbing and washing every ounce of dried blood and dirt off my skin. I wrapped my self in my towel and went straight to my room.

In my wardrobe, I had a few clothes that were just right for my mood. Option one was a black hoodie with black pants while option two was simply a sweatpant a tank to go.

I decided against the first option because it portrayed me as depressed and that was the last thing I wanted. I quickly dressed out a bandage on the wound on my head grabbed my bag with my working clothes in it and headed straight for my car.

***********

The first half of my day was normal as usual no one noticed me being injured. The day came and finished without any incidents. I went to work feeling still distraught but I put a face on to welcome the customers instead of scaring them away.

It was now minutes to seven when I saw the last person I was expecting to see.

Keith's girlfriend

Seeing her face after what she did to Keith the only guy I ever cared about, all I could feel was a pure rage. I could already see different images that My overactive imagination was creating for me.

All this came to a halt when I was told by the boss himself in a trembling voice, "Juliet head over there and attend to that customer".

"Sir I don't feel like serving this particular customer I have bad memories with her can one of the other staff do this one for me".

In an enraged voice get sort enough for only the two of us to hear he said, " Juliet deal with your shit and get over there, and of discussion".

My boss actually pushed me in his last words.

This son of a bitch had the nerves to push me.

I had to suck in my pride and go over to Keith's girlfriend. With my server's book in hand, I walked as confident as I could to towards her with the most bright fake smile possible.

"Good evening may I take your order". With a bright sunny smile, she looked up at me and said.

" Juliet how lovely to see you, how have you been coping with your lost". As she said those words with the smoothest voice I ever heard and a  face with no emotion visible what so ever. The only thing showing any hint of anything was her eyes they were dark with mischief.

I stammered a little while say, " Quiet alright. "

"Okay don't let me put you in any more discomfort, I'll have the extra cheeseburger with some fries, oh and a milkshake."

I quickly went to the kitchen got my order and swiftly returned with her order. She ate before she left she pulled out a thick kyle of money and left a hundred dollars. I said thanks and went on with my shift.

After work I drove home at a slow pace, I took a shower dressed and went to bed.

***********

I woke very early the next morning feeling well vitalized. I quickly got dressed knowing that today would be a good day don't matter what. I went into school to meet an empty hall with all the classes occupied by all the students even the delinquents.

My next subject was Literature, I sat patiently waiting on Miss Stewart. When the door finally opened after the class was waiting for more than twenty minutes. The door opened to reveal of principal Raw, he usually visits classes when he either wants to make an announcement or something is wrong.

Lunch went normal and without a glitch.
As I entered the class  I somehow felt that something was wrong from all the chattering in the class.

The principal stood in front of the podium.

"Good morning students." His booming voice echoed.

" this morning I have an announcement ". He paused again as if he wants to make his statement a little more dramatic than it already was.

" Miss Stewart is no longer with us, she passed on last night in her sleep. However, we have a new replacement teacher. "

All along with my head looking down in the exercise book I was reading. What caused me to look up was to see the new teacher we were having.

"Miss Eva Madden."

As I looked up I was met with the last person I was expecting to see as My teacher.

Keith's girlfriend.

Author's note

After nearly a month I finally updated. I'm sorry for the long wait but the last month was pretty hectic dealing with starting university and all. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

COMMENTING BELOW HELPS ME TO BETTER MY WRITING.

Thanks for your constructive criticism