Call into Action

"What you mean where's your dog? Are you saying that it could be your dog I was about to eat!"

Keke started to huffing radiating with anger just thinking about the fact that she would have eaten a dog.

" Imagine the audacity of this woman to cook my best friend's dog." She started to walk up and down.

"Keke calm down please its not as bad as you think, we can still make the best of this situation lets just calm down and think first."

I began to scan my surroundings properly this time looking in the cupboard looking for god knows what. From knowing Eva she always liked to leave a frightening message for me just to have me uneasy. On top of that, I have work that she had given us in class.

From the cupboards I when to the countertops, I searched the whole kitchen nothing. So I went to the living room still nothing I spent the next fifteen minutes looking for some sort of a treat but nothing.

*****************************************

" So Keke this will be your room" I showed her to a small blue room with white curtains with a queen size bed for her to sleep. I looked at her waiting to hear her remarks about the room she would be sleeping in until the problem had been resolved.
but to my surprise, she said nothing she was usually the type to be open about what she said.

All she said in reply after looking at her room was. "Ohhh well this will have to do."

I quickly step out the room leaving her to her privacy to start warming up to her room. When I was outside I closed the door quietly and headed to my room thinking about all the mischief that we would create in the space of time that she was here.

I suddenly felt hungry so I walked to my refrigerator and opened it. I took out some milk grabbed me a glass and pour some milk out to drink after all milk was a complete meal.

I returned the milk to the refrigerator and took a seat at the island in the kitchen. I drank my milk slowly and then went to bed before going in my bed I checked all the doors and windows for any loopholes and I found one in the back door I made a sticky note on the fridge to check on Angie's List for someone to replace my door lock.

After locking the door I slowly climbed in bed rested my head in the pillow. My head slowly began to sink into the pillow before I knew it I was asleep.

*******************

I woke up early the next morning about 5:30 something

I went to the bathroom did the cleaning of my body and started on breakfast for Keke she deserves this more than anything when she was in her hometown she used to have to get up four something in the morning to do house chores. I mean who does that right? But she did and it was harder than you'd think. So I found joy in doing this for her.

About half an hour later she woke up went to the bathroom cleaned her self up and then came to the island that I was sitting at sipping my coffee.

I was a coffee fan.

"Good morning," she said in a grumpy voice picking up the coffee I had set for her.

"Good morning how'd you sleep," I said without skipping a beat.

I got up after finishing my coffee and sandwiches and started to pack our snacks in a bag which Keke would carry since I would eat it out in a minute without thinking.

While Keke began to eat her sandwiches in peace I began to reminisce on Keith. I really missed him I wondered how he could just die it was impossible. The man I loved was dead. Gone without saying a word.