Almost There

"Turn around," the voice said with an oh so familiar tone to it. I followed the instructions and was face with the ghost of the past.

I starred with disbelief as I saw the strong features of Keith facing me with his mesmerising brown eyes. I noticed that he has changed significantly instead of his cleanly cut face, he now had stubbles, his pink lips now enhanced by his newly grown mouthstache making the colour of his lips appear richer his eyebrows as it usually was thick and bushy but not unkempt his hair was still the same way to my likings but now in a side part with his very futile attempt to gel his hair down.

He slowly let go of his hands from around my mouth and looking at me as though he was waiting for a response.

But how could I speak when months ago I thought he was dead, my sweet cinnamon roll.

I slowly moved into the back seat with him looking. I took my hands shakenly reaching for his face, then I pulled back fearing that if I touched him, he might disappear. But I said to myself.

I wouldn't know if I don't try

Then I slowly reached to him. When my hands felt the warmth of him I let out a huge sigh realising he was real. I took my other hands cupping his face with my hands looking into his eyes for some sign. 

I began to sob softly then uncontrollably, once all the memories that we shared started to flood my head. I thought of how I felt alone that morning when the news announced his death.  Questions were running through my head, memories were flooding my head along with my controllable crying cause my head to hurt. 

"Is it you?" I finally manage to utter. 

"Yes it's really me," he answered now resting his hands on each side of my face. 

Without another word uttered I leaned into him slowly and I hugged him tight closing my eyes savouring the wood smell he smelled of I wasn't going to lose but he slowly pulled us apart so that he could stare in my teary eyes. Then he slowly leaned down and close the distance between our lips, as our lips touched I felt a volt of electricity going through my body.

With my eyes closed and our lips now dancing with each other I felt my head swinging as though it were my first kiss the type that made you feel as though you were going to another dimension. His hands slowly moved from my face to the back of my neck pulling me closer into to him. 

As I kiss him he slowly starts kissing back more passionately with every pull of my lips, every time our tongues danced I become more thirsty for him and I felt as though I was more ready emotionally ready to take on Eva. 

Suddenly his hands began to explore my body from my hips to his occasional gripping tight on my shirt fabric. Both breathless I pulled away from him.

"We can't stay here, we aren't far from your ex's house lets go to my house...shall we"

He nodded his head and I quickly jumped in the driver's seat slowly backing out the street, all along with thinking to myself how could he be alive.  

I was going to ask him that as soon as I got home and I could think straight. 

The drive to my house was long, but soon we arrived. The only lights that I left on were the kitchen. I locked my car and rushed to the house and as anticipation was pumping through my veins thinking about having the second chance to love him and be with him forever. 

I knew Keke would be sleeping but by now so we crept into the house but the occasional noises of the floor made my heartbeat accelerated. 

*********