Butterfly Effect

We took about an hour to reach the restaurant. It was just outside the outskirts of the town near a river. We had to drive down a bushy passageway, about a ten minutes drive.

We drove in complete silence, so to break the ice I said. "A lot of driving it must be somewhere special".

Looking at me with a hint of something I couldn't read in his eyes he said. " For a beautiful girl that I always dreamt of taking out, yes. Everything must be perfect and special to at least give you an idea of how I feel. "

I've always had a problem with accepting compliments when I wasn't expecting it. So the best I could do was to smile as a reply to him.

"How long more do we have," I asked excitedly losing the little patience that I had. " Because I'm becoming very impatient........ Please tell me we're near ".

He didn't answer me he just looked at me then smile sheepishly. When I looked away from him I realized that we were deep in the jungle but in the middle, there was a very old fashioned restaurant with golden lights at every corner of the building. It was just beside a river so the lights outside were just gracing the water with small touches it's self it gives the atmosphere a cold cuddly feeling. It's that kinda feeling you get on Christmas morning.

I couldn't hide the big excitement that was building up from just the outside appearance. Not even a thought of Damian was in my head.

Idiot

When we exited the vehicle a tall man with blonde hair and blue eyes with a colour similar to a cashew nut greeted us.

"Good evening sir"

"Reservation for two, Keith Richards," he said smiling.

"Right this way please". With that, he leads us to our table which was on a veranda over the river with candles that lit the table dimly but just enough for us to find an enchanted atmosphere and have a good time.

When we sat down Keith looked at me with a bright smile and asked.

"So what do you think of the restaurant I picked it since I thought it would be good to make a first impression".

After I realized that he really just want this to go well I looked at him and rested my hands on his. "It's perfect, I hope that the food is as good".

A couple of minutes after, the waiter came.

"Can I take your order".

" I'll have the Rasquishi fish and for the lady, she'll have".

Keith looked at me for an answer.

The fish Keith ordered was Salmon that had a name that I couldn't possibly pronounce it had a name some like Risquisha. I told my self one day when I don't feel like eating chocolate I'd order the fish. But I order a simple chocolate dessert.

Twenty minutes later the waiter came back with our foods.

After the waiter left he stared at me for a long time before I felt self-conscious. "What happen, something happened to your fancy name fish".

I knew it was the corniest thing that I could come up with but I was trying to lighten the situation at hand.

Getting to know the guy that may or may not be my new boyfriend.

" No matter of fact it's fantastic ".

I sure as hell wasn't expecting that type of reply. It defeated the whole purpose of me asking my question in the first place.

I'd be mad to say Keith was ugly, he was handsome. But he'll sure do as an upgrade from Damian.

"So what is it that you're thinking about that got your face looking like that". Pointing to his squinged face.