Before the Game

Bailey's POV

I walked back home that night by myself, my mom said she was gonna pick me up. She never did. I had my hockey bag on my shoulder and hockey stick in the other hand, I could see my house from where I am.

I saw the Café that Charlie's mom works at, maybe he's there. I crossed the road to the Café, I looked through the window and saw Casey. I walked in and threw my stuff on the floor in front of me.

"Oh hey Bailey, how was practice?" She asked me, I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay I guess, we learnt some." She nodded her head as she cleaned the counters in front of me.

"Looking for Charlie?" She asked, I nodded.

"He's with some of the guys, they went down to the pond I think." She told me, I nodded, grabbed my bag and left the Café, I waved to Casey and left.

The pond is on the other side of my house, so I should just drop my stuff of there anyway, it's almost dinner, so I'll probably just stay here and eat something till mom comes home.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat down on the couch watching tv, I had my school bag beside, I was gonna do some home work, but Charlie and I usually do it together.

I was watching some comedy when a knock at the door appeared. I sighed and got up, I opened the door, Connie was standing there. She was smiling wide-eyed. I laughed and let her come in.

"Where were you after practice? I was looking for you, we were all going to the lake for awhile." She asked me.

"Oh you know,  just felt sick, so I came back home." I told her, I hope this was convincing enough, she'll believe me, she's my best friend.  She nodded, she grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. I saw the rest of the team standing in my front lawn.

Oh no, I thought. They looked at me, some of them looked like they didn't want to be here, and others wanted to be here.

"I found her!" Connie yelled, the team yelled and cheered.

"I don't get it, why are you all here?" I asked, they looked at me.

"It's the beginning of the season and we always do a scrimmage to celebrate our team." Charlie said, the others all chimed in and cheered.

"Okay, well what are we waiting for?" I cheered, they laughed and cheered with me, I ran back in the house and grabbed my hockey gear and stick. I followed Connie to the pond, we were gonna play four vs five.

We have only one goalie, but one of us might play another goalie unless we all shoot on Goldberg. Once we got there everyone was getting there gear on, I finished one of the first with Jesse and Terry.

"Um let's do Charlie, Connie, Averman, Peter and Karp vs Guy, Jesse, Terry and I. Goldberg as Goalie." I asked, they nodded and went to their teams.

"Are we all shooting on Goldberg?" Peter asked, we all looked at him.

"Unless some one from your team go goalie?" I asked, they all shook their heads, we played four vs five on one goalie.

~~~~~The next Morning~~~~~

Bailey's POV

I woke up late this morning, it's Saturday, so what. I forgot we have a game today and it's already noon, I have three hours to eat, and get ready of course.

I got my bag ready and placed it near the door so I can just leave without hesitation. It's not gonna be the best game, were all gonna pretend to fall and get hurt. We play the jets, witch are a pretty good team, compared to ours.

I finally finished eating my decent lunch, with consisted of bread and meat, I'm too lazy to add anything on it. Taste fine when you eat the bread by it self and meat on its own.

I grabbed my hockey bag, stick and left out the door, I closed and locked my door. I walked down the street, I saw Charlie leaving his apartment with Guy. I ran up to them, so I could catch up to them.

"Hey Charlie and Guy..." They smiled, Guy's wider then both Charlie and mine.

"Hey Bailey!" Charlie said, I smiled and started walking beside Charlie.

"Oh Bailey, why don't you walk between the both of us." Guy asked, more like proposed, because he grabbed my arm and pulled me between them.

"Sure Guy, wouldn't want to make you jealous and feel alone." He looked at me, then crossed his arms, his stick was now hitting him in the face.

We laughed, we were just arriving to the arena where we were going to play the Jets. We walked into the locker room, Coach was standing there getting ready to give us a pep talk.

"Okay Guys, remember what we practiced, make it look real." He said then cheered leaving the locker room, I sat down beside Connie getting my gear on as did she.