I Just Want To Play Hockey!

Connie's POV

"What are you doing here?" They both said, I looked at them.

"Who cares, get over here." I yelled, they ran towards me kneeling on either side. Adam covered his mouth with his hand looking down. Noah placed his hand on hers looking back up at me.

"What happened?" Noah asked, he wiped the tears of her cheek that were there.

"She had a family problem,then came to the rink to cool down. She over worked her self to the point her body gave up."

"So she fainted." Adam said, ugh so straight forward.

"Obviously." I said, Noah looked like he was gonna cry, but so did Adam. I saw her slowly moving. Noah and Adam moved closer to her side, she started slowly coughing. I smiled knowing she was okay.

"When'd you get here?"Bailey asked pointing to Noah and Adam, I knew she had a thing going on with Noah some what. But I also knew that she would of wanted her close friends here. I know I would.

"I called them here." I told her, she sat up looking at the three of us.

"Oh" Is all she said, she wiped her face looking around. She moved closer to the three of us wrapping her arms around us crying, I knew what was going on. I heard her conversation with her mom and I felt bad.

"What's wrong Bailey?" Adam asked.

"N-nothing." She said, although I knew she knew something was up and it was bothering her. They couldn't help, in any way.

I helped Bailey to her feet, Adam grabbed her gear that was all over the ice. Noah walked with us, Bailey said she'd see him later, he left the rink heading back to his house.

"Adam take her to the locker room, I have to go. Tell her I'll see her tomorrow." I left the our doors, to my moms car outside. I told her Adam would be here and I had plans with my family.

~~~~~~~

Adam's POV

I sat with Bailey in the locker rooms, she had part of her hockey gear off. I sat down looking at the ground sitting at my locker, playing with my thumbs.

"Adam?" I heard her say, I looked up. She had gotten off the bench and walked over to me. She moved my bag on the ground and sat beside me. She leaned her head against me, I smiled looking down at her.

I heard crying, she wiped her cheeks leaving tear stains on my sweater and her shoulder pads.

"What's wrong?" I asked, she's never usually upset. This time it is, she brought her knees to her face, I put an arm around her to make her feel safe.

"You know coach Reilly?" She asked, I nodded. She lifted her head and sat straight as she looked at me.

"Obviously..."

"Well apparently he's my dad, and my family kept it a secret." I wiped a tear off her cheek, looking down. She lifted my head to look at her.

"Adam, this is all too much. Plus we have a game before semi-finals." I knew we had the potentiel to make it to the finals. But does she know it.

"I get it might be hard, but something similar happened to me."

"How'd you get over it?" She asked scooting beside me, I shrugged.

"I guess I cried for awhile. I was forced to play with my friends, but in the end. My friends helped me see the better and you know, I've never really thought about it till now."

"That's great advice, but I mean did you ever have so much pressure on you, you wanted to give up?" I know what she means, but I don't want to say the truth otherwise she'll do the same.

"Yea, but I never gave up. I kept my head high. Hockey was all I wanted to do, I just want to play hockey."

"Thanks Adam." She said giving me a hug, I smiled getting up and grabbing my bag.

"I uh, need to take my gear off, but can you walk home with me. I'm kind of afraid of the dark." I nodded telling her I would, I left the locker room sitting on the bleachers by the vending machine.

I saw Coach Bombay, he smiled waving to me. Giving me a thumbs up.

"Way to keep the team together." He said as he left the building smiling, I was proud. I never gave up.

I stood beside the vending machine thinking of what if, what if we made it to the final game against the hawks obviously. They guarantee first every year except this one year, they got second.

She left the locker room, walking towards me. She carried her stuff out, I kind of laughed. She hit my shoulder walking faster than me, I walked behind her following her lead.

"So Adam.... why'd you actually come to the rink?" She asked me.

"Honestly the same as Connie said, but I don't know if Noah and I are on speaking terms." I told her, she stopped in her tracks turning to face me. She smiled then hit my shoulder again, ouch.

"Talk with him, I'd do it for you, but you're a man, aren't you?" Is She really questioning my manliness right now.

"Course I am. I'll talk to him next time I see him" I kept walking following her back to her house. I walked up the side walk with her, she turned and faced me. She hugged me as I hugged her back, she kissed me gently on the cheek smiling, as she left inside.

I smiled walking off her front steps and down the side walk. I walked down the streets and around corners and down alley's to get to my house. I walked inside, my dad asked where I was and why I was late.

I explained why and went to my room, I wanted to make him proud more then anything.