Semi-Finals #1

Bailey's POV

Adam and I were waiting in line for popcorn and drinks, mom had left to take pictures of Brand's first game as a Minnesota Golden Gopher.

We got our stuff and sat on the bleachers inside, it was a nice warm arena. They had laid sod down for the players and placed the two giant yellow posts at each end, drawing the lines on the ground.

My mom came back but sat with us for like ten minutes then left because her co-workers were here to watch Brand's game, leaving Adam and I to sit alone. She sat like 10 rows up and half way down the other side of the bleachers.

"I guess it's just us." I told Adam, he nodded looking around as we waited for the players to come out then start the game.

~~~~~~~

Just before the game ended, the power went out. Causing everyone to start panicking, Adam and I were still Sitting on our chairs, looking around.

We laughed looking at each other, I smiled looking down at him. I bit my lip as I looked up at him. He was still smiling at the thought of everyone panicking over no lights.

He looked down at me, as I felt his lips brush against mine. This time, it actually felt real with Adam, unlike before we were pretending.

I let go looking at the ground, as the lights came on and my mom came rushing over to us. Rubbing our heads and making sure we were both in one piece.

The Golden Gophers ended up winning the game, even though the lights went out. I still had a great night, with Adam.

"Are you guys okay, I couldn't find you guys sooner, the lights went out." Adam and I laughed looking at each other following my mom our of the arena. Adam's dad was waiting outside for him, I walked with him out, so I could go to Brand's truck.

I waved bye, as he gave me a hug and leaving with his dad. I sighed jumping in the back seat of the truck, I was so tired and we still have the semi-finals game tomorrow against the Cardinals.

~~~~~~~~

"Bailey get up" I looked around the room, noticing no one was here. I remembered I have a game today, the semi-finals game.

I got my hockey bag and stick, remembering to bring tape.   I smiled as I left the house, anxiety was coming in, I felt honestly sick.

I went to the rink noticing no one was here, I shrugged it off thinking I was early. But still no one came, I started freaking out and looking around. What if I missed the game, what if we won and no one thought about me?

So many questions ran through my head, my heart was beating fast and I was starting to feel sweat appear.

I felt someone shaking me, I screamed and blinked opening my eyes to see Brand above me. I hugged him making sure he was actually here.

"What are you doing?" He asked, all I did was smile and hug him.

"Was I dreaming?" He looked at me and laughed leaving the room with laughter in his voice. I shook my head, stretching as I grabbed a sweater and sweat pants.

"Morning, Bails." My mom said smiling, I smiled looking over at her. She sat with her pick cat slippers staring wide-eyed at the tv. I laughed walking into the kitchen. I bumped into someone, I laughed looking at Brand.

"Guy?" I said, he smiled looking at me. What is he doing here? I was confused as ever, he's never here, unless Connie is. Unless she's here too.

"MOM!" I screamed, she stood up facing me. I pointed to Guy at the table.

"He needed a place to stay for awhile." He said, I looked at him as he ate MY cereal.

"Whatever, did you bring your gear?" I asked, he nodded pointing to the door. I saw his bag placed beside mine. Alrighty then.

I sat beside him eating MY cereal, he smiled every now and then and bits of cereal would fall out of his mouth. I have to say he is quite funny, yet he does nothing that's all him. I guess he is my friend, I never really called him that although I thought it.

I wrapped an arm around him hugging him, he smiled hugging me. My mom took her camera out and with a blink she took s picture, I think she may have blinded us.

"Let's go kiddies" Brand said, that's what he calls my friends when they're here.  We got in his truck throwing our bags in the back, my mom drove thank god. I saw Guy's parents show up on the other side of the parking lot.

He looked at me grabbing my wrist, making me follow him inside the arena. I followed him to the locker room where everyone stood. Except Coach, witch is normal.

"What took you pansy's so long to get here?" Peter asked, I gave him the stink eye tilting my head. He rushed back to his locker getting his gear on. I went over to Connie getting my gear on, she had almost her whole set of gear, but her jersey and helmet on.

~~~~~

We walked onto the ice with the lights dimed a bit we all skated around in circles doing our drills. Goldberg in net, saving shot after shot. We skated one behind the other staring at the Cardinals waiting till they finish their warm-ups.

We all went to the bench waiting for Coach to give us a pep talk, then send five of us on the ice.