Jersey, Team, State

Bailey's POV

We were all in the change room, getting ready for our practice before our semi-finals game tomorrow. We had a party and celebrated it was fun.

I was still upset about everything that happened, but like Adam said. I'll get use to it, I've already kind of accepted Brandon's apology. I was just finishing putting my shoulder pads on, I lost my jersey, so I put on my old one.

"Thompson?" Coach said calling me over to the bench, I leaned against the boards waiting for him to speak.

"Where's your jersey?" He asked, I looked around the rink to see everyone doing their drills.

"I don't know Coach, might be at home?" I told him, I had it last night when I was shooting pucks at the net. He uncrossed his arms patting my back.

"Get back to practice, Thompson." He said with a smile, I smiled back skating down to the end of the rink. I stood beside Averman and Karp doing the drills, Goldberg looked like he was dying.

"Ducks, let's so some passes, work on our defense and penalty shots." Coach said walking onto the ice in front of us. He placed Goldberg in goal, as we lined up. We all took turns two by two, passing the puck to each other and who ever was closer to the net got to shoot on Goldberg.

~~~~~~~~~

Practice was over, everyone had left the change rooms except Charlie. I sat beside him waiting till he finished zipping his hockey bag up.

We walked out together talking about semi-finals against the Cardinals. If we did win, we'd be playing th Hawks at the Playoffs. I don't want to play them now that I think of it, but this would be great for all of us.

"How was practice Bails?" Brand asked, I shrugged.

"Great, I lost my jersey though. Have you seen it?" I asked walking into the kitchen. He stood there looking in the fridge.

"No but did you look in the laundry room? Might be there with my stuff." He said, he was going to his first foot ball game. They started the season early for Minnesota, but if and when they make it to provincials then all over the US.

"No, but I'll go down and look." I ran down the basement stairs, I had to try and go around all ove Brand's work out equipment. I went to the back room, I saw his Football stuff, I looked in the dryer throwing everything out of to find my jersey.

Not there, I sighed getting up walking out of the laundry room. As I was leaving I noticed a black bag with blue and white striped with writing, on a piece of tape that was tape to the handles said 'Brandon Reilly'

I shook my head, I could've been a Reilly. But I got my mom's last name, Thompson. I wonder if Brand had Thompson or Reilly on his football jersey. I got up walking to looking on the back it said Reilly.

I knew this jersey, this team, this state meant a lot to Brand. Witch to me meant a lot and I guess I realized that I'm a Reilly, not a Thompson.

I walked back over to the bag, I lifted it off the shelf, I missed the bag dropping it to the floor.

"You okay down there?" Brand asked coming down the stairs, I got up and stood in front of his bag, looking at him as he entered the room.

"Is that my hockey bag?" He asked, I nodded moving over to the right. He came beside me kneeling on the floor. I sat beside him, as he unzipped his bag, it was full of dust.

"Jeez when did you last wash any of this?" I asked, he shrugged smiled.

"Not since I left hockey for foot ball, when I was your age." That long, dang. He hasn't played in forever. We looked inside seeing his jersey, he was number 9. Just like Jesse and Adam. I smiled, lifting about his chest and shoulder pads.

He smiled lifting a bag of pictures out of his bag. He had a team picture with his Coach, Coach Reilly. I smiled a slight bit looking at Brand.

He handed me his picture of him posing on the ice with his hockey stick. I laughed, he was so young, what happened. I looked through his bag, I found his jersey, I looked at the back it said Thompson on it, I noticed he had taped it on.

I peeled back the tape seeing the name Reilly. He must of change it when my parents separated. I took his jersey and kept it beside me. He had left to help my mom come in the house, it's icy.

I ran back up to my room leaving his stuff on the floor. I pinned his jersey to my wall with pins, I closed the door to my room running down stairs to see my mom and Brand.

~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night my mom went down stairs to do laundry as Brandon was getting ready for Football, packing his things and grabbing a water bottle.

The door rang, I rushed to the door opening it slightly. Adam was standing on the porch, he looked frozen, he was shivering. I pulled him inside closing the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, he smiled taking something out of his coat. He took my jersey out of his coat passing it to me. I smiled.

"You had it today?" I asked, he nodded standing there.

"Yea, I should of given it to you yesterday." He said, I knew I didn't loose it. I shrugged hugging him, I thought for a minute before asking him something.

"Wanna se a football game?" I asked, he smiled looking up at me.

"Yea" I smiled walking to the kitchen, to see my mom.

"Mom can my friend come to Brands game?" I asked, she nodded her head saying yes and she drank her coffee before we left. Adam called his parents saying he was going to a football game with me.

"Lets go guys, Brand make sure you have everything." Brandon came out of the house throwing hi stuff in the back and jumped in the truck. Adam and I sat in the back, while my mom drove, obviously.