Semi-Finals #1(Part 2)

Bailey's POV

Coach sent five of us out on the ice, waiting for the game to start. I was one of the starters, so of course I was on the ice with Charlie, Adam, Guy, and Jesse.

I went to my usual position on the ice, right wing. The ref, called out the rules and blah blah blah. I didn't pay attention, I only wanted to play hockey, like a friend once told me.

The ref dropped the puck at face off, Jesse passed the puck back to Adam. I skated to the other end of the ice, being blocked by two Cardinals. I crossed checked one, earning myself a penalty.

"Come on Thompson." Coach yelled, I shrugged heading into the penalty box. Before the game started again, Adam came to the box, talking to me.

"Just play the game, not the violent one." Adam said, banging on the glass returning to the ice. Connie took my place on the ice as I had a two minute penalty.

I sat down with my stick in hand watching the team play. I smiled seeing the team with smiles and working hard. I watched Adam passing the puck between the others as he skated every where to stay open. He scored, I cheered in the box banging on the glass.

The game may have just started and I may be in the penalty box at the moment but nothings stopping me from scoring for my mom and brother, and so called 'dad'.

I finally was let out of the box, I sighed skating onto the ice switching off with Connie. I took my place and skated around staying open as I blocked the other players from receiving the puck.

I was so excited I could barely hear couch call line change, I skated off the ice, following Jesse into the bench. Coach came up to me alone on the other side of the bench, I stood up following him to the corner.

"You had to cross check that player? Were here to play hockey, not to be violent like the other teams. Look how far we came without violence, keep up the work, without violence. Got it?" Bombay asked, I nodded as he patted my back, heading back to the bench beside Jesse and Adam.

"About the other night..." Adam started, as much as I wanted to answer him, I didn't want to right here, at this time. It was the playoffs and we should be thinking about the playoffs.

"Later Adam, I'm watching the Team." He had disappointment come across his face and leaned back watching the game like the rest of us.

It's the second period which is almost finishing, which means third period is starting, so far we're winning by a point, if we keep up our defense, we'll be able to win this for sure.

Coach did one last line change before the third period started. Adam and I were left on the bench with the five that just came off the ice, including Connie in that bunch.

"This game, is like..." She made a mind blowing gesture which made me laugh causing us to almost fall backwards off the bench, luckily Guy was standing behind us. We smiled at him and continued laughing waiting for the buzzer to go off, to soon start the third and final period.

I watched as the team was leading with a point, Goldberg was crouching and moving around in net waiting for the puck to get past our defense so he could stop the puck once again.

The buzzer went off making me jump a tad, which caught a a few people off guard and caused  the team to laugh at me, one being Adam.

"Bring it in Ducks." Coach called. We all huddled in a bunch smelling each other's sweat. It wasn't the best smell to be honest, like musty socks. Coach talked about more game plays, our defense and to be careful of the off sides.

"Quack, quack, quack, quack," As we were saying quack I looked around at the team, Adam was staring, I smiled saying quack, till the cheer ended and we got placed on the ice or the bench.

I got placed on the ice, starting off in my usual position. I looked around at my surroundings, like Noah taught me to. I kept my eye on the guy I was going to block on defense, and on offense where I will be placed. The ref blew his whistle, startling me and I started skating.

Averman passed me the puck,  I skated around deking a few people before passing it to Terry, Terry brought the puck up to the goaltender and shot but missed and a glove save by the cardinals.

I sighed and raced to the other end  of the ice on Adam's tail. I blocked a bigger guy almost getting squished like a pancake because someone hooked him. Earning Peter a penalty, I kind of laughed, go figured it'd be Peter. Guy took his place on the ice, restarting at a corner, the face off.

We got the puck, Adam skated towards the opposing team's goalie with Fulton and I behind him. He passed me the puck, I let it go through my legs back to Fulton so he could do his power shot before the game ended in 30 seconds.

I moved out of the way standing offside near their goal, catching the puck incase he missed. I watched as he lifted his stick getting ready to shoot, I looked for a second then looked back up and saw the black rounded puck come spiraling towards me. I fell over with the force that it hit me with laying across the ice.

Adam, Guy and Fulton came beside me, when I started looking around. Everything was starting to look fuzzy, someone took my helmet off, putting it beside me on the ice. I  could hear my mom's voice from the stands calling my name.

~~~

Adam's POV

Bailey got a puck to the head, earning a huge dent in the side of her helmet. She laid on the ice, almost limp, moving her head. I took her helmet off, gently tapping her cheeks as Guy tried shaking her.

She was looking all over the place, coach came to the ice, asking her how many fingers he was holding up, she said 77.  Her jersey number? Coach sighed, as the refs stood around,pulling her from the game, the game stopped and I helped Charlie bring her to the locker room with the help of coach.

Her mom, brother and Coach Reilly? Came into the room, going around her. I had a small tear falling down my cheek, of course I was worried, she's my team mate.

"She'll be fine Adam." Charlie said, I shrugged following him out on the ice.  Before we all placed back on the ice for the last 17 seconds, Coach said a few words.

"To Thompson!" He said we banged our sticks against the boards placing the same people on and keeping Guy on for Bailey.

We scored once more before the final buzzer, using the flying V, with Charlie leading it. We all smiled and cheered, hearing our team going on to the playoffs, the championships tomorrow against the Hawks.