Don't Say A Peep!

Bailey's POV

"Bailey, let's go, speed it up. I know you're better than that!" Coach yelled, we were doing drills. He placed cones on the ground, we started practicing our dekes and much more that I wasn't paying attention to.

I sped up and did the drills as told, some people looked like they were having trouble. Coach went over and helped them. We're doing a scrimmage today, Yay us.

He already had the teams, we have one Goalie, but he said we play on the one goalie, Goldberg. Last practice, Coach tied him to the goal so he wasn't able to move so he could get used to the puck.

It was also the practice where we shot eggs at him. Karp could never get the hang of it, he'd hit it too hard or too gentle witch didn't help. It was helpful the stuff Coach taught us till this point.

"Line up!" Coach demanded, we all lined up one by one. He skated down the ice, then called out names.

"Conway, Jesse Hall, Mark, Germaine, Thompson and Karp, you're a team. Moreau, Fulton, Terry Hall, Tommy, Tammy, Averman you're the other team. Only five of you on the ice, the other two on the bench." Coach blew his whistle, I sat out first with Connie. We watched the guys and Tammy.

"Wanna do something later, I've got literally nothing." Connie asked, I was focused on the game but nodded, giving her some sort of answer.

"Uh yea sure." I replied soon after, Coach called line change. I switched with Guy, and Tammy with Connie.

I placed myself on the right wing and Charlie on the left. Coach dropped the puck, Jesse and Averman fought for the puck. Jesse got it and passed back to me, my team skated out to the other end and back down towards Goldberg.

I passed down to Charlie, he was gonna get checked so I came up and pushed Terry to the ground. Charlie and I kept going as Jesse was further up by the net, we passed down to him and he took a shot and scored.

"Nice Jesse!" Charlie and I cheered. Coach stopped everyone, then placed us on one knee.

"Ducks, if we do plays like Jesse, Charlie and Bailey just did, we'll be able to win some games. Not only that I got us a new player, he'll be joining us for the next few games."

"You don't think we're good enough?" Jesse asked, seemed like he was offended. I wouldn't take it personally, a new player could give us some strength.

"No, I never said that. He was playing for the wrong team. Be nice to him, he's played for the same team his whole life." The lines must've been redrawn, because before you could play for where you live and I guess one of the players from a team is in our district.

We all got up and walked to the locker room. Coach stood outside the locker room talking to someone. We all got changed, I followed Connie, she wanted to do something together.

"What you wanna do, Bails?" Connie asked, I turned and faced her. She was smiling wide, I looked around.

"Um, I don't know, we could go to the pond with the others? Or go to one of our houses?" I asked, she shrugged.

"We could, but if we do go to either of our houses we have to make a run for it." She said quickly. We looked at each other and laughed, we grabbed our bags and walked down to my house. Her house is boring plus Guy will probably show up for some odd reason.

We walked into my house and threw our stuff all over. We went to the kitchen and grabbed a snack before Brandon's Pee-wee game, he coach's the younger kids till his season starts.

"Can I come with you later, to see the pee-wee football?" Connie asked, I nodded, she squealed with joy. I laughed, we sat down on the couch and watched cartoons till Mom and Brandon get home.

We laughed so hard at one point, that I swear I couldn't hear Connie breathing. Connie said she was going up stairs to get a glass of water. I stayed down here on the couch laughing, Connie came running down the stairs.

"What's wrong? Didn't want to miss anything?" I asked laughing, she kind of laughed, but shook her head.

"No some kid is at the door looking for you." She said, wouldn't Connie know who's at the door, then I realized it was Larson.

I walked up stairs with Connie, she stood behind me looking at him. He waved as did I.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" I asked, Connie looked at him oddly.

"Stopped by for awhile-"

"Bails, who is he?" She asked, she's the over protective  best friend. Too protective sometimes, which makes me laugh.

"Noah meet Connie, Connie meet Noah."

"Noah? Noah Larson? From the Hawks, Larson?" She questioned.

"Yes Connie." I noticed he was about to say something, then she kept talking.

"You know, you seem way nicer when you're off the ice. Maybe you turn evil or something, you know?" She asked, we shook our heads, I felt some what embarrassed for him. Why?

"I can leave, if you want?" Connie talks yet again for me.

"No, no, come in. You're not a burden if anything I am a small burden." She laughs, I let Noah in. Connie stands there and stares, has she never seen a guy before.

"How do you know Bails?" Connie asked, here we go with the questions. I grabbed Connie's and Noah's arm and dragged them down stairs to the couch. Connie sat in the middle so she could stare at him closer up, I find that very, very weird.

"Well, um we bumped into each other at the rink." He said, I might need to tell Connie, the truth.

"It's fine Noah, um, Connie we need to tell you something." She laughed then gasped, she thought of something.

"Oh my god, you're dating. Ah you're so cute together!" Connie squealed, Oh dear lord. My cheeks must've started to turn red, I could feel them getting warm, as I looked at Noah, so were his.

"No, not what so ever." Noah and I said in unison. Connie sighed.

"You know how I've been showing up at practice, with better technique and I can actually play hockey." Connie nodded.

"It's all thanks to Noah, he's been teaching me private lessons." Connie's jaw dropped.

"Is it his skates you had the other day? That makes so much sense. But why wouldn't you tell me?" She asked.

"That my best friend has a baby coach." I was confused but let her keep talking. "No wonder we all suck compared to you, you have Larson!" She jumped and cheered.

"Connie, Shhh. You can't tell the team, or let alone coach. My mom and Brandon don't know, Just Noah, you and me." I said, she sat down quietly.

"Oh, don't worry Noah, no one will think you're doing anything suspicious, if you know what I mean." Connie said and winked to him, I felt weird at that moment.

"Okay....Thanks Connie, just please don't say a peep." Noah said, looking at the both of us. Connie nodded, Noah got up. He might of actually came for a practice, but I have to watch Pee-Wee foot ball.

"Noah, I can't make it to our practice tonight." I told him, he seemed down.  Connie leaned towards me, she whispered in my ear.

"Invite him with us." She said, I shrugged, then looked back at him. He looked like a lost puppy, my heart went out to him.

"Um, Noah?" Connie looked at him, he looked at the both of us.

"Yea...?" He turned his body towards our direction.

"We're going to watch Pee-Wee football, did you want to join?" I asked, he just sat, is he thinking?

"Yea sure, I'd love too." Connie looked at me with googly eyes, Uhh she makes things so complicated.

Noah called his parents and told them he was gonna be out for awhile. Connie did the same, but her parents knew that she was gonna be with me anyway, because it's like she lives here anyway.

We ran up stairs to grab something to eat. Grabbed our jackets at the same time, hats, mittens and stuff, shouldn't be too cold, they practice inside, since it's winter, of course.