Thursday December 9th 1992

Bailey's POV

I woke up that morning feeling dizzy and horrible. I walked out of my room with a blanket wrapped around me. I was still upset about my injuries, this would never of happened if I wasn't being so, so... never mind, I was doing my job.

"Hey Honey, how are you?" My mom asked, I smiled from the corner of my lip. Sitting down on the couch looking at the tv, it wasn't on but that's all I needed was a blank tv and my thoughts.

The last game of the day was today and after realizing something I read in my journal, I need to be there. I laid on the couch still, kind of limp. My mom was taking care of me as best as she could but I wouldn't talk to her, or anyone.

*A Few Hours Later*

I woke up shivering  seeing my mom standing above me, I shoved her out of the way. I have injuries but I'm not handicap. She makes it feel that way. I walked down the hall to my room, ripping the page of my journal that I read last night shoving it into my coat pocket.

I got dressed putting on a pair of jeans, t-shirt and sweater. I rushed down the hall, my mom looked at me funny, we're gonna be late, I called. It was practice for the team anyway, but they're my family.

I sat in the truck waiting for my mom, she was waving and flashing her arms every where. I tried not to laugh because she looked really weird doing what ever she was doing. I turned the radio on, not knowing the words to a song, I mumbled the words.

"Ready?" I jumped not noticing my mom get in the car beside me. I calmed my heart rate, as my mom started the truck waiting till it warmed up to leave the drive way, I sighed getting frustrated I needed to see the team.

She finally left the lane way,  we drove for about 10 minutes until my mom found a parking spot at the arena. I got out of the truck, walking with my mom inside the rink, taking my hat and mittens off putting them in my coat pocket.

Adam's POV

Everyone got to the rink early for a small practice and to celebrate once again our victory. I was happy to be here, just missing Bailey at the moment, she was the life of the party and now we have no clue of what's going on with her.

I got my gear on, half way dressed walking around with my bottom gear on and getting my shoulder pads on. Connie jumped on my back telling me to cheer up, but I couldn't.

I decided to take a stroll to see my dad before I head onto the ice. I walked out taking a sharp right turn out of the change room. I saw a small paper on the floor of the arena. I picked It up staring at it. I was about to shrivel it up till I saw the name on it and date.

I sat down on a bench near the vending machine reading it.

' Thursday December 9th 1992,

I came home from a hockey practice one night with a few of the guys and Connie. That was the night I realized I had everything wrong. The guy I thought I liked, might like me. The one who pretended when it was his actual feelings, did it for me.

I broke him inside and out, after everything, he hasn't given up on me. Yet I've ignored him and pushed him aside. That's the day I realized my feelings were just as strong as his were for me as mine are for him.'

I nearly cried reading this. I went back to the dressing room, with the team getting the rest of my gear on. I smiled and felt my cheeks warm up looking down at the paper. I hope no one saw. I grabbed my helmet walking back out of the locker room.

I put a confident look on my face, waving to my dad in the stands, I put my helmet and water bottle on the bench following every one out of the bench area to warm up for the final game of the season, playoffs.