Coach Reilly?

Bailey's POV

We all skated onto the ice and took a knee, Coach was talking to Tammy and Tommy. We got three new teammates in a day, amazing right. Tammy and Tommy skated towards us and took a knee as well.

"Okay guys, practice time. I'm gonna work with Fulton for awhile, while the rest of you practice defense and penalty shots. Got it?" He asked, we all nodded and skated to where we were suppose to be. Connie skated behind me, I looked into the stands and saw Noah, he was standing at the glass by the entrance.

He waved to me, I didn't wave because I knew someone would be watching, instead I looked up and started skating towards Goldberg.

"Take it easy guys, I'm not used to the puck hitting me." Goldberg said. We looked at him and laughed.

"You're the goalie Goldberg, the puck is suppose to hit you!" Charlie stated back, Goldberg put his helmet back on, we continued our penalty shots. I looked behind me and saw Fulton shooting at the net, Coach was right, he has a powerful shot.

He can't skate very well, but by the time of our next games he should be able to skate much better, I mean look at the team, that's all Coach's magic out there.

"Huddle up Ducks!" Coach yelled, we all came rushing to his sides. He laughed as we took a knee, "Next game we're gonna try and win, we have three new players. We need to learn everyone's weakness and strengths."

"If we want to succeed and win, we need to play as one, as a team." Coach Stated.

"As a Team!" Charlie yelled, the rest of us chimed in and started following Charlie's lead. We all skated around and practice our defense till practice was over.

~~~~After Practice~~~~

I walked out of the locker room, I saw Brandon talking to someone, I didn't know who. I wanted to see who this was myself. I walked up to Brandon and stood by his side, I saw Coach Reilly. From the Hawks, I shook my head in defeat and listened to their conversation.

"Yea It's been a great season so far, haven't lost once." Coach Reilly spoke, Brandon nodded his head and crossed his arms.

"That's great, nothing but winning for the Hawks." Brandon stated, I rolled my eyes.

"Yep, what brings you back to Minnesota, thought you were out in Texas for Football." I don't know how he knows that, but I couldn't care less, Brandon probably was talking with him for awhile.

"Well actually, I got a scholarship for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Before the season starts I decided to come watch my sister's season of Pee-Wee hockey." Coach Reilly nodded, Brandon must of noticed me, he looked back at him.

"Here she is now, Bailey meet Coach Reilly, from the Hawks." I shook his hand as he shook mine.

"Nice to meet you, I think my team has played against yours, haven't we?" He asked, I nodded. He laughed with Brandon.

"Brandon can we go home, I'm getting hungry and I promised the Ducks I'd go with them to the pond." Brandon sighed, he shook Coach Reilly's hand and off we went. Coach Reilly was in general a nice guy, but the thing is he always needs to win.

"Brandon why were you talking with Coach Reilly?" I asked, he shrugged and continued walking.

"He's someone I've known since I was your age, I've always told him everything." Kind of like a dad figure then, we didn't grow up with dad, or at least I didn't Brandon probably did till the point I came along.

"Oh, seems like a nice guy" Brandon smiled, I saw some of the Team coming from the Café that Charlie's mom works at. I ignored them and continued to walk home, I needed to get my skates and winter jacket before I go to the pond.

I rushed inside the house, I grabbed my skates and stick from my bag, I placed them on the couch. I ran up the stairs to my room, I grabbed a sweater and my winter jacket.

"Whoa, what's the rush Bails?" I heard Brandon ask, I turned around and smiled.

"Oh you know, I'm going to the pond, like I said with the Ducks." Brandon walked to the kitchen, was he even listening, oh whatever.

I put my boots on and grabbed my stuff off the couch, I walked out of the house closing the door. Mom should be home when I come home later tonight, I should probably eat supper, but whatever.

I walked on the side walk towards the pond, although I knew I wasn't going there. I was going to the arena, Noah's waiting for me, I told him I'd meet him here for practice. I finally reached the arena, I walked in. I saw Noah on the ice, doing his own thing.

I stood at the glass watching him, for a bit. He looked so happy and free when he skated, he is a hockey player, but one of the best hockey players. He must of seen me, he stopped what he was doing and skated towards me.

"Hey Thompson, how goes?" He asked, I looked at him and leaned against the glass.

"Larson, I'm fine, you?" I asked, he leaned towards the glass, I thought it would be funny if I opened the door to the rink, I gently opened the rink door looking at him so he didn't notice what I was doing.

I swung the door open, but to my expense didn't go the way I wanted it to. He ended up falling onto me, we laughed, he got up and I did the same.

"Well that didn't work as planned." I laughed, he was still laughing. I walked to the penalty box and put my skates on, he stood at the boards in front of me.

"Do you not have anything better to do then watch me? Or even come and practice with me?" I asked, he smirked and shook it off. I skated onto the ice beside him, I followed him to center, he grabbed a puck, then looked at me dead in the eye.