"What Are You Doing Here?"

Bailey's POV

Connie and I woke up late this morning, we were up all night. I couldn't sleep because of what happened last night. Not even Connie knows, I don't even know if my mom knows that I know.

We sat down on a park bench by a small baseball diamond. We had our winter coats and everything on, I noticed Connie shivering. I moved closer to her, giving her a hug.

"Thanks Bails." She said I smiled. "Why were you so gloomy and upset last night?" She asked, I turned to her, and sighed.

"I found out some news that my mom should of told me. Instead I got news that is now distracting me, so I don't know anymore." I told her, she got up dragging me with her. We laughed running across town.

"Where are we going?" I asked, she simply laughed and brought me along with her. This wasn't part of town that I'm too familiar with. We stopped outside a rink, an outdoor rink. I noticed so many people were playing hockey.

"Let's watch." She said, I nodded following her to a bench. These kids were all bundled up in snow gear wearing skates, helmets and hockey gloves. We watched as they played hockey.

"That one looks cute." Connie said, I laughed.

"You can't see their faces, barely." She shrugged as she talked to me about our season of hockey. I wasn't paying attention. I noticed one of the hockey skaters come up to us, Connie was tapping me trying to get me to notice, but I already did.

"Wanna play?" He asked, I shrugged I know this voice.

"Noah?" I asked, he nodded taking off his helmet. He had sweaty hair and smelled a bit.

"We didn't bring our skates." Connie said, we shook our heads telling him we only came to watch. We took off down the street back to my house. We ran in laughing, we threw our coats and boots on the floor and ran to the basement.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Bailey can we talk?" My mom asked, I looked up at her then back at Connie. She nodded siting there watching cartoons. I followed my mom to the guest room.

"I heard that Brandon told you about Coach Reilly." I crossed my arms turning around, she came closer. I got up backing up.

"I did, you kept this from me my whole life. You knew he lived here, you never said anything. But Brandon gets to know, Brandon this, Brandon That." I shouted, mom was crying looking at me.

"We thought it would be best for you."

"For me! You never asked, and to think I thought he was the meanest coach and no one likes him. But no, he's my dad, which makes this harder for me." I said, she sat on the bed wiping her tears as mine came down my face.

"Bails, you know I wouldn't do this to hurt you. Your dad and I never got along, we broke it off. Brandon only knows because he was around."

"How do you think Brandon felt, he had to deal with him leaving and us separating." She had a point, but that doesn't mean she can keep secrets from me, nor can Brandon.

"He must've felt awful, but same for me, keeping this secret from me since I was small." I said, she wiped her tears again, trying to give me a hug. I pushed her away saying I need some space.

She understood letting me go, I got Connie. We grabbed our skates and headed down to the rink, our rink.  She seemed confused, but I was the one with tears and warm cheeks.

"Bails, you're gonna make your self feel horrible." She told me. I wiped my tears but they kept pouring. We had our skates on and helmets skating on the ice. I took a puck from the basket in the penalty box and starting shooting on the nets.

"Bails, you're beating your self up." Connie said, I couldn't stop over working myself. I felt really dizzy and sick. I couldn't keep my balance, I fell hitting the ice with my helmet.

Connie's POV

I rushed to Bailey's side, shaking her awake. She wouldn't move, she was breathing but she was out cold. She blacked out, she must've been too overwhelmed.

I didn't know what to do, so I got off the ice calling two people who I knew she wanted here. I ran to the phone dialing the number.

"Come down to the rink, I need you and fast." I said, they answered, hanging up the phone as quick as I did. I redialed a different number hoping he was home. I called and heard ringing.

"Hello?"

"It's Connie, come to the rink fast, I really need you." he said he'd be here. I went back to Bailey sitting on the ice waiting for them. I took her helmet off taking her jersey off. I threw them across the ice, laying her head on my lap.

I moved her hair out of her face, occasionally putting water on her to keep her cool. I heard the arena doors open. I saw him opening the boards jumping over the gate and running across the ice.

He kneeled beside me, confused. I looked at him upset, I could tell he was worried. Then the doors opened again, he came onto the ice confused as ever, but once they saw each other. They both stood up facing each other.

"What are you doing here?" They both said as they crossed their arms giving each other the stink eye.