Try, Try Again

Larson's POV

I grabbed a puck from my hockey bag, I skated back to Thompson. She looked at me, I dropped the puck, she started fighting for it, i dont go down without a fight. I faught with her for awhile till I knocked her on the ground and skated to the other end.

"What was that?" She asked confused, she sat on the ground dumbfounded.

"It's called stay aware of everything that's going on, be a guard dog." I told her, she'll never be able to stay focused on the puck all the time, she needs to look beyond the action.

"What do you mean? You make no sense.."

"Or do I, come back to center ice." I told her, she came face to face with me, she looked at me, then the puck, I dropped it. She faught with me for the puck, she kept falling for the same thing, I kept checking her to the ground.

"That's the ninth time you've done this and I've learnt nothing, Noah." She pouted, basic training here we come. I grabbed her stick and placed it in front of her, I placed myself beside her and did the same.

"I want you to imagine your at the championship game-"She cut me off.

"But you wouldn't be there with me, your a Hawk." She stated, I rolled my eyes.

"Pretend I'm not here, imagine that there's a goalie in the net in front of you. What will you do?" I asked, she stood there.

"No no no, don't stand there, you're gonna get knocked over and loose the game, once you fall, you either pout on the sidelines or you get back up and keep playing the game." She looked me in the eyes, she grabbed the puck and skated down the right side of the ice.

She tried doing some trick or something but ended up failing that, but continued and took a shot at net, she made it in.

"Nice, but when you're playing, it's not about showboating, you need to make strategic passes."

"Obviously you haven't noticed, but it's only you and I here." I rolled my eyes again not looking at her, she grabbed my shoulder and made me face her.

"Are you denying my opinion and rolling your eyes?" She asked with her hands crossed.

"Not at all." I lied obviously.

"Well how's your dating life at the moment, because I'm a fortune teller and I can tell, that it's not very good!" She stated

"Okay fine, I might be rolling my eyes. But come on give me a break, you make everything more difficult then what it seems." She looked at me and took the puck away, I followed her down the ice. I came from behind and stole the puck and raced down to the other end.

I skated backwards looking at her, she seemed to be having trouble. I skated back to her, she looked at me in defeat.

"What's the matter?" I asked, she turned to face me

"I'll never be as good as you or any good hockey player." I was flattered that she thinks I'm a good hockey player.

"Bailey, don't think about being the best. You'll get there, how do you think I became better? By starting with a coach and lessons." I said, she smiled and looked up at me.

"What's next Coach?" She asked

"Probably some defense, you up for it?" I asked, she crossed her arms and nodded. We got back into place on center ice. I dropped the puck once again, this time she put her heart and soul into this. She was going full out.

She faught for the puck, once I got it, she never kept her eye off me or her suroundings. She kept pushing I could tell, she was committed. She swooped in from behind me and stole the puck from under me. I stayed on her tail the whole time, I skated backwards in front of her.

She smiled, but stopped, then looked around and kept going. She pushed by me, making me fall and her skating to the net. She shot and scored, I whistled staying on the ground.

"See if you try, anything is possible." She gave me her hand as she smiled. I gripped her hand firmly and pulled down with me. She laughed and hugged me, as it took me a minute to accept her hug and hug back.

"Thanks Larson." She smiled, I let go of her and so did she.

"It was nothing, that was all you."

"Not without my Coach" She retorted back, I smirked and got up as did she.

"Am I gonna be able to practice skating backwards and do all the cool stuff you do?" She asked, I nodded with confidence.

"Yea, you can do anything you want, maybe someday you'll teach me a little something." I said, she laughed.

"What with girls? She asked, I laughed.

"You never know, maybe..." I said, she was still laughing her heart out. "Come on, that's enough practice for tonight." I told her, she nodded, she skated towards her stick and over to the penalty box.

We untied our skates together. I threw mine into my hockey bag as she tied hers together and grabbed them. We walked out of the rink, she stopped me, then faced me.

"I appreciate the Coaching, I really do." She said with a small smile. She turned around and started walking. "See you next time, remember don't tell anyone! I'll walk out first by myself then you'll walk out." She said, I nodded.

She walked to the exits and pushed the double doors open, she waved and left. That's when I realized something, she has potentiel.

Bailey's POV

I walked home, it was dark and cold. It started snowing hard. I'm so happy I didn't bring my whole hockey bag, with all the new equipement I would of died out here. I walked up the drive way.

I opened the door and closed it tight when I came inside. It was nice and warm, I saw my mom and Brandon sitting at the dinner table together, my spot in between them untouched.

"Hey mom, Brandon" They looked over at me, my mom smiled as did Brandon. I sat down and started eating.

"How was the pond?" Mom asked, I nodded as I was shoveling food into my mouth.

"Great, my team lost the scrimmage we had. Oh did I tell you, we are now the Ducks." I squealed, my mom smiled at me.

"I'm so proud of you, of both of you." She got up and kissed Brandon on the head, along with a kiss on his cheek. He rubbed it off, she came over to me and did the same.

"Thanks mom." I smiled, she must've been some proud.

"Oh I'm able to come to your game tomorrow, I booked it off." Mom said, I got up and rushed over to her.

"You can?! That's great!" I said, she smiled. I ran up to my room full of joy. I can't wait for her and Brandon to watch me play. I was so exicited, I was almost drooling. Yes I drool, sometimes.

I was so roudy that I eventually started to doze off at my desk.