You Lied to Us

Bailey's POV

I sat in the locker room, getting stares from everyone. I couldn't stand everyone staring at me, I know I have to tell them. I stood up walking towards Guy and a few of the guys, Connie beside me.

They all ignored us walking away and doing their own thing. I sighed, standing there with my arms crossed. I pushed Guy back into his seat as he was getting up.

"You know what fine. I'll give you the truth." They all looked up at me, as Connie was still standing by my side. I heard the door open behind me, not knowing who it was.

"I'm not dating Adam. He was just playing along to hide something for me from you guys. I swear I never wanted to hurt any of you. After saying what I'm going to say, you're all gonna hate me and probably won't talk to me either." I knew that's was what coming way and fast.

"I've been getting hockey lessons, from Larson. On the Hawks team, that's why I've improved since the beginning of the season."

"So you lied to us, leaving us for some Hawk kid. Ditching your team?" Guy said, then looked at Connie, she stood behind me. "You knew too, so you're both keeping secrets?" Guy shook his head in disappointment leaving the locker room with the guys except Jesse and Connie.

"That means you made out with a hawk." Jesse said shaking his head in disapproval. I was done with them, I stormed out of the locker room with half my gear on talking to Coach while storming out.

"I don't feel well, I'm heading home. See you at the game, Coach." I said walking away, he raised his hands in awe leaving him speechless.

I took my gear off throwing them in my bag, I left the room with my hockey bag. I sighed leaving the arena, walking down the street for 10 minutes before reaching my house. I walked inside bringing my hockey bag to my room, dropping it on the floor.

I stayed in my room all evening. Brandon has coaching tonight and mom works, as usual. I had a stash of food in my closet that I hid from Brandon, because he's a pig and eats literally the whole fridge for one meal.

I ended up falling asleep a while later to the radio playing.

Charlie's POV

We all started our warm ups, then waited for coach to show up. He was late, probably talking to Hans or something.

"Alright Ducks. Let's start with a scrimmage." He said, I noticed Bailey wasn't here. It's unlike her to miss a practice. She's dedicated to this, she wants to win just like any of us, but maybe not after she blew up in the change rooms.

"Uh, Coach where's Bailey?" I asked, everyone looked around the rink for her. He put his hands on his hips looking at us.

"None of your guys' business. Start the scrimmage." He said, we all shook it off and started scrimmage, splitting us into two teams as Goldberg was goalie.

~~~~~~ After Practice~~~~~~~

Guy, Averman and I walked to the pond together after supper. Guy was mad at Connie as the whole team was upset with both of them.

"Guy can't you let her explain?" I asked, he uncrossed his arms.

"I don't know, they kept a secret from us even me. I thought i was close with Connie, she always tells me everything." He responded, I shrugged my shoulders looking over at Averman eyeing someone.

We walked to Averman trying to see where he was looking at. We saw nothing, we shrugged once again, and kept walking. We sat on a bench putting our skates on along with a few pieces of gear and some hat or mitts. Averman finally stopped from staring at what ever it was he was looking at.

"That's her house, ask her to explain." Averman said to us, we looked at each other.

"Ask who, what?" Guy asked, we didn't exactly know who he was referring to.

"Bailey, she lives right there doesn't she?" He said pointing to a house, Guy nodded with a smile. Obviously he knows where she lives, as does Connie.

"No, I'm not gonna bother her. She's sick remember."  I said, I know she's not actually sick, but for the guys sake, she is.

"Wimps." Averman said, grabbing our wrists and dragging us to her front door. The whole time he was doing so, I was thinking about how I just sharpened these skates. He knocked gently waiting for someone to answer, no one came. Guy laughed and started walking in the other direction as Averman pulled him back.

We saw the curtains close tightly and a figure disappear into the dark. Guy smiled walking to the door, he banged on the door roughly waiting for a response. Then we saw the door fly open, as she stood there with her arms crossed.

"What do you want?" She asked giving us the stink eye, I was kind of scared, she never acts like this.

"To see if you were okay?" Averman said then started laughing slightly. She pulled his collar up as she brought him closer to her.

"I'm fine!" She said, Averman looked the other way closing his eyes. Guy pushed through us and stepped in front of her.

"Look, I'm, We' re sorry for what happened today. For yelling at you and Connie." He said, does he mean this, he rarely apologizes and to her.

"You're sorry..." She uncrossed her arms, giving him a hug, I don't get it. She pulled Averman and I into a hug with the two of them. She smiled letting us go.

"We're good, as long as you are. And I'm sorry for not telling any of you sooner." We shrugged it off like it was nothing, and we kind of can't hold a gruge, Adams a good kid.

" The one who seemed upset was Adam. He left in a hurry after practice." I told her, she gasped I think. She waved good bye saying she'll see us tomorrow or at school Monday.

We walked down the side walk back to the pond, grabbing our crap and packing up. Changing into our boots and went back to our houses further down the street and onto the other blocks.

Bailey's POV

I need to make things right with Adam. I made him feel horrible, like nothing. He's mad at me, after what I did. I was being his friend till the point I needed him to lie for me.

This makes me so guilty, knowing he wasn't even playing along, he actually likes me. I like him to, but not that way. I've already made him feel bad now I'm making it worst.

I walked to my room, putting some pjays on. I laid in my bed feeling bad and thinking of how I can make it up to him. I fell asleep to the sound of my radio and my thoughts.