The Ducks

Charlie's POV

We're all siting in class, waiting for the morning anoucements and school attendance. The thing is, Bailey isn't here. She never misses a day of school, even when she's sick. Somethings up. The teacher came into the class room, she looked at us then back at her paper.

"Averman?"

"Here"

"Conway?"

"Here" I said, she names the rest of the class off till she got to Bailey.

"Thompson?" Nothing, she called her name again.

"THOMPSON!" She said, nothing again. She walked over to the phone dialed a number.

"Mrs Thompson isn't present." She stated, she nodded her head speaking with the front desk.

"Charlie, where's  Bailey?" Goldberg asked me, I shrugged my shoulder, why'd they ask me? Connie would know.

"I don't know, ask Connie." I said, we looked at Connie. She shrugged her shoulders.

"How am I suppose to know?" She looked at us, we all shrugged the teacher got off the phone. She handed out sheets for the class. I got to work right away.

Bailey's POV

Brandon and I were walking around town, we went to the pond. Where we're gonna play some ice hockey. We sat down on a bench and got our skates on and started to skate around.

"You've gotten better since we last played." Brandon told me, I nodded. He can't know that Noah's been helping me.

"Practicing a lot I guess, since you've been gone." I told him he nodded. We decided to play as if it was a real game, me vs him. We got a stranger to drop the puck, I got it and skated to his end of the pond.

I tripped over my skates and slid across the ice into Brandon, he laughed as we layed on the ground together. I'm happy he's home.

"Are you gonna see my next game?" I asked him, he shrugged.

"I'm gonna see all your games till the season is over, football doesn't start till March." He told me, I nodded.

We decided to stop playing hockey, it's been a good few hours, it's noon now. We decided to go for lunch some where, I let him pick since, he just got back from Texas.

"Know any good restaurants?" He asked me, I shrugged my shoulders.

"We can go to Old Momma's, they have the best burgers and fries I've had here." I told him, he shrugged and agreed with me. He carried the hockey bag as I carried the hockey sticks.

We walked into Old Momma's, we sat down at a booth. Brandon threw the hockey bag beside him. He looked at the menu, I knew what I was having. Mom always takes me here, usually when she's not working.

"What will you guys have?" The waitress asked,  we looked up at her.

"Yea two of the original burgers with the side of fries, of course. And two cokes, please." Brandon said, the waitress smiled. She went back to the counter and came back with our drinks.

"Brandon?" I asked, he looked at me.

"What's up?" He asked, the waitress came, she brought our burgers and fries, then left.

"Why did you stop playing hockey?" I asked, he shook his head.

"Bails, I was playing on a district team like you, but got injured really bad. Left for the season and never went back to hockey."

"So you joined Football?" I asked, he nodded. But football is just as bad as hockey, why didn't he go back to hockey, new interest?

"Yea, hockey didn't seem like my thing anymore, but I'm happy I'm able to watch your season." He spoke, I finished eating my food as did he, we decided to head back to the house for the rest of the day. I have practice tonight anyway.

Brandon and I watched tv till around 2, I had to get ready for practice. I grabbed my hockey bag and stick, Brandon grabbed his sweater and we decided to walk down to the rink.

We walked inside, Brandon said he was gonna come with me. I didn't mind. Everyone was looking at me like I had come back from the dead.

"Where were you today?" Connie asked me, as I sat down beside her.

"With my brother, why?" The guys ignored our conversation and got their gear on.

"You never miss school though" I nodded.

"I know, but I haven't seen him in two years, besides he came back to watch my season of hockey." She looked at me, I pointed to Brandon. "That's Brandon, my brother."

"Does he play?" I shrugged

"Tell you later." I said, coach came into the locker room with a box and a kid beside him.

"Team, this is Fulton Reed, newest player of our team." He said, Coach placed the box on a stool by the door, Charlie's Mom was siting beside him as Brandon stood in the back of the locker room.

"Every team has a name, and We are the Ducks! The Mighty Ducks." Coach said, the team looked not too interested.

"We're a bird?" Peter snapped back.

"I'll have you know the Duck is one of the best birds, as you can see they don't have teeth, because they don't need them to scare the enemy." Some of us started to laugh.

"So.. can we be something better?" Karp asked, Coach sighed.

"We can't we are being sponsored, which means we wear what they give us. Who wants to be a Duck?" Coach asked, Brandon looked at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"I do!" Fulton said

"Me too!" I said.

"Me Too!" Charlie spoke, the three of us got up and grabbed a jersey with our name on it. Thompson #77, I smiled and showed Brandon, he smiled back.

The rest of team got up and grabbed their jerseys. We all continued getting our new uniforms on. We got all new gear and everything. I was now a Duck.

"Meet out on the ice everyone, we have practice." Coach said, the rest of us continued getting ready.

"Bails, I'll be out on the bleachers." He told me, I nodded and continued to talk to Connie.

"Brandon used to play, but he got hurt. So now he plays for the Golden Gophers at the Minnesota University." Connie nodded, we grabbed our sticks and walked to the rink.

A  group of figure skaters were practicing. We all gathered round, and watched them.

"Who are they?" Coach asked

"That's Tommy." Karp Said.

"And that's Tammy, she's in my math class." Terry said, half of us laughed as he made googly eyes with her.

"I'm gonna work some magic and see if they'll play for the Ducks." Coach said, Terry started bouncing around in his spot.

We waited till they were done skating, to get on the ice. Brandon was talking to Charlie's mom and Jesse and Terry's dad.

I stood with Connie and Charlie as we watched them do their thing, and talked about why I wasn't at school today.