"I wasn't Playing Along"

Adam's POV

I sat on the bench waiting for the other team to finish their warm-ups. I knew we were gonna win today, I've seen them play, they're not the best nor the worst. I'm only here to play hockey, otherwise I can't play, so I'm forced to, but I'll make the best out of it.

Coach placed the startes out on the ice as the rest of us sat on the bench. Averman went center, Charlie and Bailey were left and right wing, Tommy and Karp were defensemen. I sat at watched as a few of them got crushed, but Bailey and Charlie seem to work well on the ice.

I looked down for not even a minute and Bailey scored, with an assit from Averman. We all stood up cheering them on banging out stick agaisnt the boards. Coach did a line change, placing Connie, Guy, Peter, Jesse and I. We went to our places, I took left wing, as the other went else where.

We did the face off and got the puck, Jesse passed back to Guy, he seemed like he still doesn't like me. I skated to the net, keeping myself open and calling for the puck, but no one would pass to me except Connie.

Jesse finally gave in and passed me the puck, I scored, making the score 2-0. The Huskies have been dropping in rankings for some reason, but better for us. The Huskies got the puck, two huskies stayed on me making sure I didn't get the puck. They knocked us down making their way to the net, shooting and scoring.

I sighed shaking my head, coach switched us off. I sat on the bench next to Karp and Jesse. They didn't seem too thrilled to see me. I saw Bailey on the other end of the bench, I noticed Peter was staring at us. She smiled slightly and flipped her hair, looking in the other direction.

Peter rolled his eyes looking me, then giving me the stink eye, great another thing about this team, aren't they a team, family.

~~After the Game~~

Bailey's POV

"Well guys, we won our game.Now if we win the other three we make it to the playoffs." Coach said, I smiled cheering with Connie by my side. I have practice later tonight with Larson, so I'll head home and do something till I meet up with him.

We all went to the locker rooms, I change with Connie beside me. She smiled wide eyed as she looked at me. We laughed looking at each other then leaving the change room, as we walked out I felt something grab my wrist.

I turned around and saw Adam, Connie left saying she'll wait for me outside. I nodded, followed Adam to where he was leading me. He stopped by a vending machine near the bleachers, he brought me behind and spoke, before he did, I cut him off.

"Thanks for playing along Adam." I said and gave him a hug, he smiled then realeased me. I looked up at him

"I wasn't playing along." He said, I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. I looked around, I didn't know what to do. He made me face him, looking him in the eyes.

"Adam... I don't exactly like you like that. Your a great guy, really you are. I just, have someone else in mind at the moment" I felt really bad at that moment, before I took off, he called ma back over. I sighed and came towards him.

"Before you go, explain to me why we were playing along." He asked, I uncrossed my arms and brought him to the bleachers and sat down. He sat there with his arms crossed, I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Last night, Noah kissed me, and I don't want the team to know he's been giving me lessons and stuff." I stopped to take a breather.

"Guy and Connie saw us and Connie made up something and Guy thought it was you,because he was wearing his hawks jacket, like you."

"So Guy ranted about that, now they all think were a thing, when it was actually Noah, instead of you." I told him, he uncrossed his arms.

"So your pulling me into your lie, as if I already had enough on my plate, you could of at least told me. I know Noah is giving you lessons and everything, but that doesn't mean you can drag me down with you. I'll keep playing along for you, but that doesn't mean anything, to you!" He said, getting up, not looking back at me. He grabbed his bags and left without a word.

I knew I had to do something, Adam is new to our team, but that doesn't mean I can use him to my adavntage. I honestly felt horrible, and guilt. Connie might be able to help me out of this, since she brought me into this. I walked out to Connie grabbing my bag and stick.

We walked out of the arena, she was about to talk, when I put my finger to her mouth motioning to be quiet. She got the memo and kept walking till we reached my house. I threw my stuff on the ground, as Connie and I went to the basement.

We watched cartoons for like ever, till Mom came home. She had groceries witch Connie and I helped with before we went back down stairs. I told Connie I'd tell her everything after dinner, she said she was sorry, and I know she meant it.