Can't Make me Cheat!

Bailey's POV

Connie and I looked at each other, she smiled hesitantly. As did I,I grabbed my hockey stick and walked to the bench with the rest of team trailing behind me. Coach was waiting at the bench for us.

"Hey team! Remember what we practice, make it look real." He said, "Come one guys, hands in" He said, everyone put their hands in. "On 3 go team." He said.

"1"

"2"

"Go Team!" Coach shouted, we all acted gloomy so we said it, but not very loud. He placed Guy, Jesse, Charlie, Karp and Peter on the ice first. Connie and I sat on the bench as we watched the Jets come out one by one.

"How do you think we'll do?" She asked, I shrugged.

"Well just looking at us compared to them, we can skate, barely." We laughed. " We can pass, we can't even play defense and half of us can't score."  I spoke, she nodded and agreed with me.

"Yea, not only that we have to pretend were hurt so the Jets get penalties." Connie said, the guys were loosing out on the ice. I noticed a few of them were getting slammed and body checked into the boards.

"Line Change!" Coach yelled. Averman, Terry, Connie, Karp and I went onto the ice. Averman took center as Connie and I took left and right wingman and Terry and Karp took left and right defensemen.

Averman got slammed to the ground, the Jets got the puck and skated down the ice. Karp and Terry tried getting the puck but fell, the Jets got a goal. Goldberg fell to the ground before the puck even got close to him.

"Another fake fall, will cost you guys!" The ref said to Coach, Coach argued back and forth.

"Time out!" Coach said, we all came to him. " Goldberg your not suppose to fall till the puck hits you, and your the Goalie, your not suppose to fall at all." Coach told Goldberg, the score was 3-0 for us.

"Line change, Charlie, Bailey, Guy, Jesse and Peter." He put us on the ice, Jesse went center, as I went right wing and Charlie left wing. The ref dropped the puck, Jesse got it. He passed it to me, witch I skated down the ice alongside Charlie.

"Yea pass, I'm open!" Charlie yelled, I passed it to him, he missed the puck and went to the boards he had two Jet's players check him into the boards, Guy was by his side trying to help in some way.

Charlie let them push him till they got the puck. The other coach called time out, we went to our bench, coach started talking to Charlie. 

"Next time they pin you to the boards, cover your eye as if they hurt you." Coach said and patted his shoulder. We went back to the ice, Jesse took center again.

He passed it to Charlie this time, he skated for awhile passing to me, Jesse got slammed to the ground and I was coming face to face with two Jets, I passed the puck to Charlie. He got it, he started skating towards the goal.

"Go Charlie!" I yelled, as I got knocked down by the jets. He was skating so good and was almost at the net, but then he got pushed against the boards again by to Jets, instead of doing what coach told him to do. He slid the puck out from beneath him and passed it to Guy.

Guy and I skated down the ice passing back and forth. I had the puck down by the net, Guy and Peter were holding off a few guys, I took the chance and shoot at the goaltender. I closed my eyes and heard the siren go off.

Guy, Jesse and Peter come up to me and the four of us cheered us hugged. Guy came up to me and hugged me, I hugged him back.

"Nice assist." I told him, he smiled.

"It was nothing, nice goal." He said, I laughed, we skated off the ice. The game was over, coach congratulated Guy and I on our team work for the goal. We all walked into the locker room, I started taking my gear off beside Connie, she looked at me.

"How have you gotten so good at skating in less then three days?" She asked me, I think she may be on to me.

"You know, practicing on my own time when I can." I told her, she looked at me.

"You got to let me come with you when you practice, whatever your doing is working." Then I thought, its what Larson's doing to help me. I looked at her.

"I find that I'm better practicing on my own, besides it wouldn't be fair to everyone else." She looked at me and laughed.

"Like they can get any better, maybe Guy, Charlie and Jesse can, but the others who cares." She laughed.

"I'll think about it, okay?" I asked, she nodded. She then congratulated me and Guy on our goal. Everyone had left the change rooms, Coach was upset with Charlie, Charlie told coach, that he can't make him cheat. Then Charlie stormed out of the change room alongside Averman and Guy.

I zipped up my bag, I walked out of the locker room, I saw a few Hawks getting ready for their game. I saw Larson skating around with Banks till the next team comes. He must of seen me, he started skating my way. I left the other way,

"Wait Bailey, I saw your game as we were waiting for it to finish." He said, I turned around and crossed my arms.

"Yea I know we suck. Don't need to rub it in my face, were already having problems as a team, I don't need more."

"You think I'm a problem? I just came to say those skating lessons I taught you paid off, I noticed your nice goal as well." He smiled, I uncrossed my arms.

"Thanks to you, I can actually stand and not fall when I skate. And my friend noticed I skate better."

"I guess I'm a good teacher." I nodded "Want another lesson sometime?" he asked, I looked at him and thought.

"I could use some ice time, but I don't know. Connie wants to join me when I practice, she doesn't know you've been teaching me." He nodded.

"So we'll practice at the Hawks rink, in private. No one will be there but us." He spoke, I shrugged.

"I guess, but remember you say nothing about this and neither will I." I said, he lifted his arms in the air and made and X with his finger over his heart.

"Cross my heart!" He said, I laughed, he got called over bu a few of his team mates. I left the rink down to my house. I figured I could use some time to myself, since being with Guy and Connie all the time.

He's not as bad as I thought he was. I guess he's turning out to be an okay person.