Ducks Forfeit!

Bailey's POV

Fresh Start, I thought to myself. Last night was chaos, those 12 year old boys are crazy. None of them know how to play fooball, if you ask me, they're only there so that their parents don't have to see them for two hours.

Harsh isn't it,I shouldn't talk I guess my parents kind of did that. Well at least my dad, my mom and Brandon are always with me, when needed.

I honestly don't know what happened to him, Brandon said he was an amazing hockey player, he used to play for the Hawks, Like Brandon did. But after Brandon got hurt, he switched over to Football, my dad though, never knew what happened to him.

Mom says he just picked his bags up and left, never seen him since. But it's his lost I guess, not mine. I've had a great run and I'm not finished, my run can't be over when my Marathon just begins.

"Knock Knock..." I heard Mom at the door, I turned to face her. She leaned against the door, I motioned for her to take a seat beside me.

"What's up?" I asked, she smiled and looked at me. I smiled back, throwing the mess off my bed and onto the floor, my room is a mess anyway, what's a bit more mess gonna do?

"Came to see if you were ready?" I was confused, we had a long and boring day of school, what could she possibly be asking, she works.

"Ready? Ready for what?"

"For me to drive you to school." She said, my smile grew bigger, spreading across my face to hers. I nodded, grabbing my back pack. I followed my mom out to the front door, I grabbed my winter jacket, it's so fluffy!

I threw my winter boots on, then hopped into the truck, mom decided to drive Brandon's Truck, he's alseep he'll never know.

We pulled into the school parking lot, I waved good bye and walked inside meeting up with some of the guys and Connie. Peter came and wrapped an arm around me, he was so small, that he was almost giving my waist a hug.

"What are you doing Mark?" I asked, he looked up at me,

"Play along, why don't you." Connie laughed at us, I took his arm off of me.

"Not unless you were the last guy on earth and we NEEDED to save our population."Without a blink, Peter shot an answer back.

"I can make that happen, baby." He said staring down at Guy and Charlie, Guy started laughing.

"What If I was the guy on earth." Guy said staring at me.Connie crossed her arms and looked at him then me.

"For Connie's sake, I'd keep you around, but stay as far from you as possible. If she wasn't around then'd I'd personally kill you." I laughed, Connie thought it was funny as did Peter.

"At least she won't kill me, haha!" Peter said in Guy's face.I started walking to home room with Connie and Charlie. Peter came back and wrapped an arm around my waist, again. I ignored him, he'll leave me alone eventually.

~~~~~~Game Time~~~~~

Most of us were in the locker room, fooling around and getting ready. Fulton, Peter and Karp weren't here yet, they went to find Coach for something.

Connie and I looked at each other, she winked, I started laughing. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. I had my hockey pants, socks and skates on. I started walking around to see Jesse and Guy.

"Hey Bailey" Jesse said, I looked at him.

"Hey" He turned to Guy then looked at me.

"This probably sounds stupid, but what If I was the last guy on earth." Ugh Guy, he probably wants a reaction, I'll give him one.

"Depends, would we be near each other?" I asked, he turned to Guy, Guy nodded, then Jesse looked back at me.

"Um near each other I guess." He said, I smiled looking down at him.

"I'd probably kiss you, then date you or something." I said, Guy's Jaw dropped, that's the reaction I was looking for, Jesse smiled all proud like.

"Really, you would?" He laughed, I shrugged then Looked at Guy, just to get him rattled, I made more of a scene.

"You don't think I would?" He shook his head, I walked closer to him, placing my hands on his cheek, kissing him gently. Then backed up, Connie squealed behind me, but gave me a high five.

"That answer your question?" Jesse nodded, with a big smile, I laughed and whipped my hair, as did Connie following me, then she turned back pleading to Guy, but continued forth with me.

Peter, Karp and Fulton walk in to their lockers, they look so upset and disappointed. I ignored that and contineud getting dressed. Coach walked in with his play book in hand.

"C'mon Ducks, get ready we have a game to win." Coach said, Fulton stood up with Peter by his side.

"Why should we?" Peter Snapped, we all looked at him, something's up, Coach looked at him confused.

"Becasue we have a game to win." Coach said, Karp got up.

"No, you don't even think we're good enough to make it to the Championships. You sold us out to the Hawks!" Peter siad, even more furious. Coach crossed his arms.

"C'mon guys, I didn't mean it like that."

"That how you said it, we heard the whole thing, you and Coach Reilly. I'm out of here." Peter siad, he walked passed Coach with Karp. Fulton stood there looking at the rest of us.

"For who ever wants to play tonight, I'll be on the bench." Coach said walking out disappointed. The whole team except Charlie and Fulton stayed behind. The rest of them took their gear off, looking at us. I decided to stay, I'm a Duck. Proud to be.

We saw coach sitting on the bench talking to a ref, Charlie, Fulton and I skate out and start shooting onto the net, I then heard the Ref saying something.

"Ducks forfeit, Flames  you win." He said, Coach came up to us with a small smile, then walked away. The three of us skated for a bit, till we finally got off the ice and to the locker room.

"Do you guys believe what Coach said about us?" Charlie asked, Fulton and I shrugged.

"I don't know, but he better make it up to us. That new kid never showd up today, maybe he was late?" I told them, Charlie came over and sat beside me.

"The new kid, is Banks, from the Hawks," My jaw dropped, he kind of knows what Larson and I have together. I nodded looking at Charlie, we walked out together to the parking lot. He went to his mom car as I walked to Brandon's truck in defeat.