Chapter 31

THIRTHY ONE

Jonathan

It was like any ordinary day for me. I woke up to the sound of Debbie, my personal robotic steward as she woke me up and reminded me of my schedule. Her robot voice was smooth and toneless but very feminine and pleasing to my ears.

"Good morning, Master Jonathan." Debbie greeted me.

"Good morning Debbie." I greeted back, jumping out of the sheets.

"Today is the day of your wedding, Master Jonathan." Debbie reminded.

"I can't wait." I glumly said, obviously uninterested by the occasion that was about to happen. "Time check, Debs?"

"It's5:51AM." Debbie replied in her usual monotone.

"That early?!"God, this robot was irritating.

"May I remind you MasterJonathan, you are needed to arrive at the Cathedral 30 minutes before 10. You need to be dressed by 9 'o clock. Breakfast with your father and your sister is at 6." I registered everything she has said about my schedule.

"Why do you have to wake me up so early?" I grunted frustratedly, wanting to crawl back to my bed and lie there all day.

"You take a long time to shower, Sir." she answered and I snorted. If Debbie was a real human entity, I would've slapped her on the shoulder or shoved her because of her witty comment.

"Oh. I almost forgot. Thank you, Debbie." I responded, putting on some decent shorts.

"You are most welcome, Master Jonathan." she replied.

"You can go offline now." I told her and immediately, the hypnotizing robotic voice was gone and I was alone again in my room with no female robotic voice to guide me or speak to me. Debbie was more than a steward to me. She has been here ever since we moved in. When my father bought the house, Debbie had already been part of it. Each room had a steward to assist you, like most houses here in richer divisions. Their main purpose was to remind you of your schedules and wake you up in the morning. They were also installed to follow your commands as long as it is within the room the steward occupies. You can ask it to turn on the television, open the lights, dim them, change the scenery outside your windows, and even clean your own room which, I must say, helps me a LOT. Stewards can be activated or you can send them away by commanding them to go offline, like what I did a while ago.

I walked over to the entrance of my walk-in closet and swiped my hand to the right. Its glass door swung open as the sensor detected my gesture. I walked inside, and grabbed the remote control which placed neatly on the black table on the center of the room. My garments were properly sorted according to their category. There was an area for suits, which occupied most of the room. On my left was the area for casual wear and that included polos, long-sleeved shirts and other semi-formal attires. Right in front of me were my coats and jackets. Below them were different closed shoes, arranged according to their categories as well. A part of the section was dedicated to leather shoes, used for parties and other events. Another was for casual shoes and rubber shoes, which I use when I go to the gym or decide to jog in the morning. My walk-in closet also had drawers which housed my ties, sleepwear, undergarments and accessories. I punched a couple of commands, looking for something to wear. A drawer pushed itself forward, revealing a couple of cotton shirts. I picked a grey one and put it on. The drawer returned to its original position as I pressed another command. I walked out of my closet and swiped my hand again, this time to the left and the door shut.