Chapter 5

Yasmin stood close to Magnus, her eyes sweeping her surroundings. They were standing in Magnus flat.

"Are you sure you want to go to this party?" Yasmin warned him for the tenth time in 7 minutes. Magnus sighed looking at the young blonde, his arms folded. "Yes I'm quite sure thank you Yazie".

What Magnus wasn't expecting when he turned his back was to have a big black wolf on top of him a few seconds later. "I swear Magnus the shadowhunters have footage of me as a human but they don't know about me being a werewolf. They'll be cameras in that club, if I think your in danger I will not hesitate to shift and drag your butt back here" She growled at him. Magnus looked back into bright sky blue eyes, reaching up he scratched her behind the ear never breaking eye contact, "I'll be fine. You'll be there" he chuckled quietly.

————————————————
"Pick a weapon. I suggest your whip" Ale told his sister as she approached dressed in a sparkly silver dress.
"What's wrong with you?"
"Nothing"
"We're going to a downworlder party. You should be a little more excited" Izzy scolded him. Rolling his eyes as he focused on his bow again, "it's a mission not a party".

"Before Clary showed up everyday was the same. Go on a mission kill demons. Go on a mission kill demons. At least now things are interesting". Alec felt a small flame of anger light inside of him at the mention of Clary.

"Interesting...Valentines alive and actively seeking the cup. He threatens our entire world. And we're helping his daughter. Who by the way we have no reason to trust and showed up out of nowhere. On top of that we're going to overpay a warlock who has information we don't need. So no Izzy I don't find it interesting" He finished angrily.

Izzy raised an eyebrow looking at her brother carefully, "And what about Shadow?". Alec froze at this
"What about her?" He mumbled,

"Well let's see, she's working with downworlders whom you love so dearly, she's a shadowhunter who appears out of nowhere and you seem to trust her which is a lot more than your giving Clary who has not been secretive with us" Izzy ranted staring her brother down.

"Why are you defending Valentines daughter?" yelled Alec
"Why are you defending someone you don't even know?" Izzy yelled back. Both Lightwood siblings stared each other down. "You can't keep bottling things up Alec. They're going to explode at some point and not the good type of explode". Alec turned to leave, "We're not going for the music" he grumbled as he left.
——————————————————

Yasmin stood next to Magnus as Ashe surveyed the club, the sweet smell of angle blood reached her. "They're here" she whispered to Magnus.

"Let's get this party started. Drink?" He offered grinning, Yasmin rolled her eyes.

The music was loud and the air was thick with sweat but she kept her eyes moving around the club. "Magnus!" came a shout. She recognised the yell as Jace's. Magnus patted her on the shoulder before turning to the shadowhunter.
"Clary Fairchild" Magnus drawled looking at the redhead. Yasmin watched Jace's eyes scan the crowd, she sank further into the crowd to avoid detection.

"Where's your little shadow?" Jace ask his hand gliding subtly towards his blade. Magnus smirked at the two shadowhunters, "Around here somewhere, you didn't really think I would keep her somewhere my attackers could see her would you?" He teased lightly.

"So you're the one who stole my memories" Clary interrupted rudely. "Calm down it was your mother's choice not Magnus's" Yasmin growled.

"At your mother's request" Magnus defended. "She knew the risk".  Yasmin's eyes trailed over the dress Clary was wearing, in her opinion the girl looked like a stripper.

"Show me the jewellery shadowhunter", a scent wafted towards her. It was a shadowhunter but not a familiar one, she could already smell the two Lightwoods in the crowd but this was a something else. Pushing her way through the crowd following the scent. She found herself almost behind Magnus.

Panic rose in her as she glanced around, the scent was present all around but she couldn't catch a glimpse of the shadowhunter.

Magnus created a portal and the purple light that surrounded it allowed Yasmin to finally catch a glimpse of a man stalking towards Magnus. Pulling out her blade she leaped just as a voice from the crowd yelled.
"Look out!"
An arrow wizard into the mans chest just as Yasmin struck with her blade.

Magnus, Clary and Jace spun towards her as Izzy and Alec rushed towards them. Alec shoved by Clary, crouching next to Yasmin as she examined the body. The others watched carefully Jace putting his blade away as he carefully watched, he stood slightly in front of Clary, protectively.

"Here" Alec muttered pointing to the circle rune on the mans neck.
"Circle member" Yasmin whispered. Standing up she looked at Magnus.

"They've found us, there's more on the way he's just a scout" Magnus turned and started to walk away. "Magnus wait!" Clary cried "Your my only hope"

"Obi-wan kenobie" Yasmin smirked in her head but was quickly pulled out of it by Magnus beckoning to her.

"Valentine's found us, I warned your mother this might happen" he told Clary coldly.

He turned to Yasmin, "Go and pray to whatever God there is that you make it in time. Run like hell is behind you" He yelled at her, Yasmin hesitated, going there would mean she would leave Magnus to go back to his lair alone, but then again if she didn't clear the area around the warehouse there would be no escape. "Run!" Magnus yelled again ignoring the panicked looks from the shadowhunters.

Turning towards the door Yasmin did the one thing she'd done since she was ten. She ran.
===========================
A/N sorry for the slightly shorter chapter, I know not much actually happens in I but I need to include this background info and I wanted to exhibited Magnus and Yasmin's friendship.

Thank you for your comments, it really helpful and inspiring to know you guys are enjoying the story. Let me know if you have any theories about the plot.

Tess