Chapter 6

Yasmin cut down a circle member as she ran into the warehouse. Her sensitive ears picked up screams and yells. A multitude of different scents almost overwhelmed her.

She was standing in the shadows at the entrance to the lair. She could smell and hear shadowhunters but before she could do anything a warlock appeared in front of her a circle member stabbing him in the back. Howling in rage Yasmin flung herself forward, her blade connecting with the mans' spine. "Oh God. Valentine found Magnus" Clary screamed running towards Yasmin. "Are you ok?" Alex asked her, Yasmin ignored him as she ran further into the lair.

She finally found Magnus facing off against two shadowhunters , he was bringing down bookshelves. "You're magic's strong warlock. Valentine wants to know. Where's the Girl?" he growled.
"You will never find Clary Fairchild" Magnus spat. The man chuckled and shook his head, "Not her. We'll find her soon enough, I'm talking about the Hybrid".

Yasmin spun out of the shadows, knocking him down. "I'm right here". Magnus' hands glowed blue his cat eyes glowing dangerously, Yasmin was crouched on the floor her blade in hand, legs tense. An arrow suddenly appeared in his chest and Magnus used this to force him into the floor were the man lay still. Slowly turning around Yasmin came face to knees with Alec Lightwood.

The Lightwood boy smiled at her as he held out a hand, which she took as he pulled her up. "Well done" he smiled again.
"More like medium rare" Magnus quipped lightly. "I'm Magnus. I don't think we've been formally introduced" Magnus smiled lazily as he came up to Alec. Yasmin didn't realise that she and Alec were still holding hands. Realising this as Alec made to Magnus shake Magnus's hand, "Alec" he replied.

Alec turned to Yasmin. "How did you get here so fast?", he asked in amazement.
"I'm a shadowhunter we need to get places quickly Alexander" she teased him. Alec's hand drifted forwards and his hand came into contact with her cheek below her hood. The only part of her face that wasn't visible was her eyes. Yasmin tensed ready to act if Alec moved to remove her hood but the Lightwood slowly dropped his hand.

"When are you going to show your face?", Yasmin stopped at that. She had no reason to hide her face any longer. She had found her brother and this was his Parabatai. "Let's go and join the party love birds" Magnus interrupted his smirk plastered to his face.

Both the Lightwood and the Wayland sprung away from each other, a light blush covered both of their cheeks as they hurried out of the room.
—————————————————

"Magnus" Clary called as she entered. "Zoe!" Yasmin cried as the young girl ran into her arms. Magnus smiled at the two before turning to thank Clary.

Yasmin crouched down in front of Zoe looking into her eyes. She was well aware of Jace, Izzy and Alec's eyes on her. Zoe had tears running down her face, "Dad.." she mumbled quietly. Yasmin nodded slowly. There was nothing she could say to help the girl. It was numb shock at the moment, the truth would sink in later just as it had done with her. "Go. This is no place for a little girl" Zoe walked slowly into the other room her eyes blank and empty.

"Yaz?" A voice called, spinning on her heels. Raphael stood in the doorway eyes scanning the room quickly. The shadowhunters drew their weapons but Magnus called for them to stand down. Running into Raphael's arms Yasmin let him spin her around.

"You're ok." He sighed in relief "When I heard about the attack I was sacred..." he trailed off as Yasmin put a finger to his lips.

"I'm fine Raph. See alive and breathing. More so than you are" she laughed at his bemused expression,

"It would be so boring if one of us wasn't always in a life and death situation. You love me really " he teased.

"Over my dead body"

Yasmin smiled as Raphael sped out the room. Out of the corner of her eye she caught Alec's angry expression. "What's up with him. He was fine a minute ago" she wondered as Magnus turned to her. She hadn't realised Magnus had moved them, they were now in his apartment. Magnus had his foot on the table looking between Alec and Yasmin as if he was watching an interesting TV show.

Magnus handed Izzy the necklace as he put it around her neck. It was only due to her enhanced hearing that Yasmin caught Magnus's whisper in Izzy's ear, "What do you think Alec thinks of my dear little Shadow?" Izzy's face lit up and a smile crossed her lips.
"Continue down that path Magnus and you shall be missing your throat in a few seconds" Yasmin warned. Jace and Alec stared at her in shock, not having heard the previous conversation.

"So how do I get my memories back?" Clary asked standing up. Yasmin looked at Magnus.

"I thought you fed them to a memory demon that needs me to summon it?" She drawled slowly as Magnus pressed his lips together a guilty expression on his face.

Clary turned to her, "So you can get my memories back?"
"No she can't. She's not a warlock"

"But you just said.." Clary asked confused looking between the hybrid and the warlock.

"No Clarissa I can't get your memories back on my own I am simple the key to it" Yasmin smiled at the redhead.

"Are you sure you want to do this. It could prove to be lethal" Yasmin warned her again.
"I'll do anything to get my mother back"

Magnus sighed in defeat, "Pretty boy get your team ready" he said pointing towards the two Parabatai. "I know what to do" Jace said confidently but Magnus pushed him back.

"I wasn't talking to you....I was talking to you" he said pointing to Alec. Alec looked shocked. Magnus beckoned to Clary as she followed him into another room, soon Jace followed her in. Leaving Yasmin with the two Lightwood siblings. "Your not a shadow in my eyes Alexander. Trust me I've been a shadow for years I know what it's like" Yasmin smiled at the boy as Clary's scream ripped through the apartment.
——————————————————
A/N I am soooo sorry for the late update I've got exams coming up so updates will be a little infrequent I will try to get one out ever week or two.

Thank you for the support you guys have shown this book, we reached over 200 reads! Thank you again for the comments coming in I love reading them and replying to a few.

Tess