Chapter 10

"I'm going to kill them" were the first words that left Yasmin's mouth as she pushed her way out of the pile of rubbish. It was dark and silent. She couldn't smell Clary or Alec or Simon. Looking around she caught sight of an arrow and the evidence of a fight. "Alexander" she whispered looking at the arrow.

Panic rose in her throat. Yasmin could smell the faint smell of Jace and Izzy so they must have been here a while ago.

"Stop!" She told herself, "Think" taking a deep breath. "Werewolves. Familiar scent earlier today....Alaric!" Yasmin jumped to her feet making her way towards the road. "Werewolves! The jade wolf!". Shifting into her black wolf. Yasmin ran towards the pier near green street. "I'm going to kill those shadowhunters, right after I kill these Werewolves"
——————————————————

The sound of growls and barks guided Yasmin as she raced towards the pier. She could see the group of shadowhunters surrounded by werewolves just past the group two werewolves were fighting. The alpha and a challenger...Luke! She recognised the scent. Luke was thrown across the ground the alphas claws raised in triumph when Yasmin acted.

Leaping over Alec's head she threw herself in between Luke and the alpha as the claw ripped into her chest. Clary screamed. Yasmin's distraction allowed Luke to pounce on the alpha, gaining the advantage.

Yasmin couldn't move only lie on her side pain rippling through her body as she listened to the fight. After a few seconds it went silent. Shifting her head slowly Yasmin watched as blue light flashed revealing the alpha on the ground dead.

"The alphas dead" Izzy supplied helpfully. A wolf stepped into view and Jace raised his blade again. A green flash of light revealed Luke standing unscathed in front of them. "Oh my God Luke" Clary gasped. Around them all the wolves began to howl and sift back into human form, all of them dropping to their knees.
"Your friend Luke is the alpha now" Jace explained.
"Clary?" Luke asked carefully
Jace grabbed her pulling her back but Clary smiles at him, "it's ok"
"I promised your mother I would protect you" Luke smiled. Clary smiles at him as she hugged him.

"Glad to know you all care about me" Yasmin thought sarcastically. A flash of green light illuminated the ground as she shifted back into human form, her legs shook as she tried to remain standing.

"Yasmin!" Luke yelled as he caught sight of her. The group whirled around to see her with the huge gash marks across her back. She opened her mouth to say something but the world span and the ground rushed toward her.

Arms encircled her waist, gently picking her up bridle style. Yasmin looked up into Alec worried eyes.
"We need to report back to the institute" Alec muttered half heartedly.

"No we need to get her to Magnus' he can help her. Don't worry the wound won't kill her as long as it's not infected" Luke ordered taking Yasmin into his arms.

"Alec go and report to mum with Izzy. I'll go with Clary to Magnus'." Jace yelled as Luke passed Jace his sisters body. The last thing that Yasmin saw where the eyes of her brother carrying her to Luke's car.
—————————————————

"What happened" Magnus cried as he threw a sheet over the couch as Jace gently placed his sister onto it. "Luke was attacked, she threw herself in front of the blow" Clary explained.

"Jace!" Yasmin yelled writhing in pain, "Where are you? Jace please don't leave me again" she screamed.

"Shh.I'm here Yas. I'm here" Jace said softly holding onto his sister hand.

"Clarissa!" Yasmin mumbled. Clary carefully took Jace's place, "You need to know everything" she pleaded.
"Was she bitten by an alpha?" Magnus asked,
"Yea. Why?"
"3..2..1"

Yasmin's eyes glowed gold as she let out a growl, "A transformation, it's a side effect" Magnus explained. "I need to make an antidote but I don't have all the ingredients"

"We'll get them for you" Simon piped up nodding at Clary, knowing that the girl on the couch was important in the shadowhunter world.
"No Luke needs to tell you about Joyclen as well as... if Yasmin wakes up she'll need someone"

"When she wakes up" Clary amended

"I'll go" Jace said as he walked in, Magnus walked up to Jace who was bruised, "Jace what happens to you?" He asked. "Luke's car may have found its way into a pole while I was stashing it away. I don't do mundane driving"

Magnus was running a round when Jace asked him what he need he threw a list at him. "I'll go"
"I'll go"
"I don't need the mundane, she's my sister"

"Both of you go!" Clary yelled as she grabbed Yasmin's hand.
The two boys were about to run out when Magnus yelled, "One more thing. I need Alec"

"Why do you need Alec?" Jace asked confused, "Virgin shadowhunter energy" Magnus lied.
Simon made a face "That explains so much". Jace coughed awkwardly before rushing towards the door, simon hot in his heels.

"They and Alec better be quick or she's not going to make it" Magnus mumbled as he placed a hand on Yasmin's forehead.
—————————————————
A/N I'm back!! I've finally finished my exams! Easter holidays are approaching and I really want to finish writing this book by the end of them.

What do you guys think so far? Jace now knows that Yasmin is part downworlder. How will Alec react?

Quote from next chapter:
"I told you he wouldn't help us!"
"Shut up mundane"

Tess