Chapter 12

Yasmin has been listening to Luke and Clary. Both were talking at the end of her bed thinking she was asleep. Alec had left an hour ago and Yasmin found herself missing him already.

"The reason Valentine became who he is now was our fault, mine and Joycelyn's"
"I don't believe you" Clary denied,
"We betrayed him, your mother and I... we fell in love" Even with her eyes closed faking sleep Yasmin felt Clary freeze.

"Wait what...are you my.."
"What no!"
"So you never slept together?"
"What no! Your are parents we're married. Valentine was my Parabati. We both loved him. But as he became more violent we began to worry and nothing we did seemed to work"

Yasmin zoned out slightly trying to imagine Luke and Joycelyn. "To win your mother back he went to great lengths. Which led him to do the impossible. Experiment with downworlder blood" Luke growled.

Yasmin tensed remembering the injections Valentine had injected her with during the times he world kidnap her from her fathers mansion in Idris at night. She remember her beatings, how she had called out for her father or Jace. But neither ever came. Her father never knew about her kidnapping once a month.

"Joycelyn fought Valentine to protect me. We need to find that cup before Valentine, Clary."
" But I have no idea we're it is or where to start looking"

"Clary look at Yasmin"
Hearing this it became a whole lot harder to fake sleep with two sets of eyes on her.

"Who do you think Yasmin is?"

"Jace's Sister"

"Yes but what else?"

"A werewolf and a shadowhunter...."

"Exactly. After Valentine had experimented using downworlder blood and your mother and I had stopped him from taking the mortal cup, Val did the unthinkable. If he could not get an army of dark shadowhunter he would make an army of downworlder shadowhunters. These shadowhunters would be stronger than most shadowhunters with the abilities of their downworlder counterparts. But what Valentine wanted most was these shadowhunters would have the asssets of the the downworlder they shared blood with but not their weaknesses" Luke explained grimly.

"You mean Yasmin..."
"Is not mortally harmed by anything less than a seraph blade or one of the mortal instruments."

Yasmin's eyes snapped open, but the two had turned their backs to her now, arguing about how Clary was the key to finding the cup. Yasmin watched as the two headed out the door leaving her in the dark, alone with just her thoughts

-------------------------------------------------
"You know I can clean that up later" Alec jumped to his feet, spinning around to locate the source of the voice. Yasmin was leaning against the door frame. She was dressed in black combat boot, black leather jacket and trousers with a dark blue crop top. Her sky blue eyes stared into Alec's, her lips curved in a gentle smile.
"I think you've exerted yourself enough today" He replied.

"As adorable as you two are. I would like a drink" Magnus interrupted. Alec felt his cheeks warm up, he sent a quick glance at Yasmin but her hair was covering her face. Alec took the drink from Magnus, taking a small sip. He scrunched his face up as the bitter liquid hit his throat.

Yasmin chuckled from beside him, "Word of advice Alexander, don't drink to much of what Magnus offers you. You'll be drunk before you know it"
"Hey!"
"It true Mag" She laughed at Magnus's disgruntled face. Alec found himself smiling looking down at the young girl. But then he remember how her eyes had flashed silver as she turned into a werewolf, he should be scared, wary at least, but he wasn't. If anything he was drawn closer to the mysterious Wayland girl.

"Why did you call me here?" Alec asked Magnus, "Clary and Jace were both here". Magnus shifted glancing at Yasmin. The Wayland seemed to get the message.

"You know what I'm going to go and get us some safer drinks. You boys have fun while I'm gone" she said nonchalantly, but Alec could tell she was hurt that Magnus didn't want her in this conversation. Without a backwards glance she walked out the room.

"Jace didn't tell you?"
"No"
"It doesn't matter It was a lie anyway." Magnus turned around running his hand around the rim of his drink.
"Why did you call me here then?" Alec questioned confused.
"Why'd you come?" Magnus turned back to him his eyes searching Alec's face, for a brief second Yasmin's face flashed before him.

"I don't know"
"Well the truth is I wanted Yasmin to see you again"
"Why?" Alec was now very confused, he didn't understand what Magnus was getting at.
"Since Valentine's experiment was successful and she lost her brother. Yasmin closed herself off to pretty much anyone. Beside me and Raphael she barely communicated with anyone"

Alec felt himself tense at the mention of Raphael.
"For almost 6 Years she hasn't been the young, vibrant girl I knew she was. She was cold, terse, often extremely sarcastic although she always been like that" Magnus chuckled idly to himself, "And then you came along."

Alec looked up surprised.
"It was like a veil had been removed. Her eyes now no longer looked lost and wandering. When I look into them now there is a fire that wasn't there before, she acts more carefree, less wary of ever corner. You've unlocked something in her"

Alec didn't have time to reply before Yasmin walked in holding three drinks. When Alec looked into her eyes he forgot about everything. He forgot about being a shadowhunter, he forgot about Jace. The world became silent leaving him and those bright blue eyes. He the valley that he had seen when Yasmin had woke up. Calm settled over him. "Will you stay from one more drink?"Magnus's whispered coly in his ear. Alec already knew the answer before he said it aloud.
"Yes"
============================================================
A/N So for the next few days I will be updating every other day. I apologise that not much happens physically in this chapter but the conversation about Valentine experimenting with downworlder blood is important.

A new character is going to come up in the next few chapter, (they are a character I have made up), this character is going to be important in discovering Yasmin's backstory and past as well a filling a gap that one of the characters close to her is about to fill....

Thank you to all my amazing readers and thank you soooooooo much for all your kind, inspiring comments!

Tess