Chapter 20

Jace groaned on the ground clutching his side. Clary panicked over her brother but Yasmin was too distracted by the smell. It was so very familiar to her, Valentine had been there. Oh yes he'd been there. They were in a workshop room. Yasmin made her way towards a table full of potions and chemicals. She hissed as she came near them. "What's the matter?" Jace asked worried. Yasmin glared at the chemicals and materials on the table. "What is all this?" Breathed Clary obviously horrified.

"The makings of an army" Jace whispered his hand rubbed Yasmin's back comfortingly in an effort to relax her, but the sight of the table had reined Yasmin rigid as a board.

"There's no one here"
"Did Meliorn lie to us? He said that the portal would take us straight to my father" Clary said frustrated. "Your fathers been here" Yasmin muttered angrily, a loud rattling sound made all three of them jump. Yasmin drop to the floor her seraph blade out head ducked slightly incase of an attack from above.

The cage was banging loudly. Jace led the way towards it pushing Clary behind him. Yasmin stood next to her brother her blade raised ready, she wasn't going to hide behind any male, not even her brother. Jace kicked down the door to reveal a cowering man. A familiar scent washed over Yasmin's senses, one that was familiar but she couldn't quite grasp who it smelled like.

Then the man showed his face. Both Wayland siblings froze. "It can't be" Jace said his voice barely audible.
"It is" Yasmin breathed
"How do you two know this man?" Clary asked trying to snap the twin out of there shock.

"He's our father" Jace replied

————————————————
"Dad" Jace seemed to ask. Michael Wayland embraced his son in a tight hug. The two were of similar heights. "You're hurt" was the only words Yamsin heard exchanged between her father and Jace. Then the two whispered in low voices, if she had wanted Yamsin could have listened in but she wanted to give Jace some privacy.

Micheal turned round his eyes snapping onto Yamsin. "Yamsin" he smiled at her, his blue eyes soft. It felt like the dam in her chest had cracked and shattered. She ran into her fathers arms, he gripped her by the arms swimming her around off her feet into a crushing embrace. "My little girl" he sighed contentedly. Yamsin who was shorter than her father was still raised off the group slightly as she hugged him tightly as if reality would fall away if she let go.

It was a minute before she released him. Her father turned to Clary, "Michael Wayland, the twins father" he introduced himself to Clary. "I've been here for 10 years. Valentine took off"
"And Joycelyn?"
"He took her with him, you are?"
"Clary, Joycelyn's daughter. Meliorn the seelie told me she'd be here with him"
Yamsin found herself passively listening to the conversation but all the while keeping her hand in her fathers, his fingers tracing a circular pattern on her wrist.

Suddenly Jace collapsed groaning onto Yamsin who caught him with the help of her father. Jace's eyes were red and bloodshot Clary rambled on about what was wrong with Jace. It could have been her imagination but she could have sworn her father clutched the tarot card containing the cup very tightly. The four stumbled out of the room trying to support Jace.

"Do you remember the time I told you it's sometimes braver to live than to die" Micheal caught Yamsin eye as he said this to Jace. She remember the day well they had been 8 years old. "It's you. It's you" Jace panted tears pricking his eyes.

————————————————-
Clary was panicking over Jace. The three had arrived rather dramatically at the Jade wolf to find Simon and Luke there. Micheal sat next to Jace holding him carefully. "Simon is there any blood in the Hotel Demort?" Yamsin asked taking charge, she could feel an ache in her chest obviously linked to Jace's condition.