Episode 20

Yasmin heard the demon before she received Alec's call, he had pleaded with her to help them with the demon. Yasmin had told him she was already tracking it and then hung up. The unfortunate thing was that although the demon was glamoured from mundanes eyes, Yasmin's wolf form would not be the best idea in pure daylight. And she didn't want to appear on tomorrows newspaper that a large wolf was running through New York City.

Mundanes gave her strange looks as she sprinted past them, dressed in her usual black trousers, black leather boot with a black leather jacket over her midnight blue shirt. Above the demon screamed again.

"Where is it" Jace's voice called to her right,.

"It should be right on top of us" Yasmin replied at the same time as Alec. The Shadowhunter's looked at her with surprise. "What, you really think I'd left you to have all the fun?" she laughed at them pulling her crossbow from her back.

"Alec!" Jace yelled as the demon flew lock a block away, and then out of sight behind the next block of buildings. Yasmin joined Alec her bolt trained to the sky along with his arrow.

"I've never seen a demon like that" Izzy said,

"Nor have I smelt one that pungent before" Yasmin agreed.

Jace yelled something to Alec that Yasmin didn't catch, but Alec's arrow missed the demon as he released it.

"Can you see it?"

"I can hear it" Jace muttered sarcastically

"I can smell it"

"What the hell is it waiting for?" Clary asked, she looked extremely stressed.

"It's coming around for another pass" Alec said,

"Looking for the weak link" Yasmin added, "Its natural predator instinct. When the pack fights back. Look for the weak link"

The demon dived before them, heading towards them. Izzy yelled Alec's names as Jace yelled Yasmin's and yet neither archer let loose their arrow or bolt. "Wait for it. Wait for it" Alec told Yasmin calmly.

"We've got this Lightwood" Yasmin whispered quietly. The demon was ten feet from them when Alec yelled. Both arrow and bolt fired simultaneously. Alec's arrow hit the heart while Yasmin's pierce through its forehead into its brain. If it had one. Which she highly doubted.

The demon exploded into black dust.

"Nice"

Then the black dust moulded itself into weird large reptile like demons, they scattered apart running in all directions. The mundanes yelled in confusion as chaos ensued from in their eyes thin air.

"They are splitting up" Clary stated the obvious rather unhelpfully. One of the demons ran at them before skittering down to the subway.

Yasmin hurried along side Izzy behind Alec who was talking about the 14 demons who were still unaccounted for.

"Valentine is on his way to Idris" Clary said.

"How?" Izzy and Yasmin asked in horror.

"He made a deal with the Seelie Queen. Luke's warned all the other Downworld leaders"

"Well that's not a surprise, the Seelie Queen looks out for herself and only herself" Yasmin spat

"And yet you where the one who helped her" Alec muttered

"I was distracting her. You will notice the second I left her side she does something like this Alexander"

"Just kiss and make up already" Jace cut in.

"Damm Valentine" he continued as if he hadn't spoken. Yasmin felt her face get hot, she refused to look at Alec's reaction.

"If Valentine gets to that lake..."

"He won't. Alicante's army is armed and waiting for him" Alec reassured his sister.

"We need to warn them. Who knows how many circle members will be there?" Clary argued.

"If we lower the wards, demons can get out. Spread around the city" Izzy reasoned.

"Maybe we don't have to lower them. Maybe my portal rune can pierce through the wards"

The group stood silently for a moment before Alec voiced Yasmin's thoughts, "We can't all go. The demons need to be dealt with"

"Clary and I will go. You three stay here. Slay the beasts"

"I'm coming with you Jace" Yasmin stood up to her brother, staring him down. Daring him to argue.

"Yasmin are you sure about this?"

"Alec these demons are coming from some hole leading into Hell you have to block it up. You'll need a warlock or two to help you. I'm no warlock no matter how much I helped Max. I'll be useless here" she challenged the Lightwood.

"But Valentine will be there. Think of what he's done to you Yasmin" Alec yelled. The other three Shadowhunter's took a few steps back, knowing that this moment had to be shared between them.

"I do Alec! I think about it every damm minute. That is why have to go" she pleaded with the Alec.

"You could get yourself killed!"

"You're letting Clary go! She has less than a year of my experience. They'll need a tracker. Runes won't be fast enough"

Alec looked up at Jace, Yasmin caught her twin's nod he gave to Alec, as if they had just sealed a private promise between them.

"Fine. But if you get hurt or something happens. I don't care if it's the Angel Raziel that I have to fight. I'll come for you" his eyes shone with determination.

Yasmin smiled at him. "I know you will Alec." She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek lightly. "Magnus and Ajax will help you. Protect the city till we get back". Alec nodded. Yasmin turned to Jace and Clary.

"Let's go and find Valentine"

Clary turned drawing a rune in the air. The familiar gold of a portal appeared before them. "Be careful" Alec called to Jace.

"Likewise," Jace paused before cracking a very Jace like smirk, "When am I not careful?"

"The harder question is when are you careful big brother?" Yasmin teased as the three of them stepped through the portal, leaving the Lightwoods to defend New York.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The three of them came out in a forest. "Well at least you didn't land in the lake this time" Yasmin commented.

"Where's the army" Clary asked, Yasmin scanned the surroundings, sniffing at the air.

"We're still a hike away from Lake Linn"

"I guess my navigations still off"

"I repeat Clary, at least we didn't land IN the lake this time" Yasmin patted Clary on the shoulder, walking in the direction she knew Lake Linn was.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N sorry for the long hiatus, school has been manic.

What did you guys think if Yasmin and Alecs little scene?!!

Thankyou again for all your support the comments on the amst chapter really motivated me to update

Tess