Chapter 16

Alec's father was binding Alec's wound while Yasmin sat on the bed beside him. Suddenly Alec's phone rung, looking down the two saw Jace's number. "No talking, just healing" Izzy denied, so Yasmin took the phone but Izzy snatched it out her hand, "Either of you" She scolded walking out.

Robert smiled at Yasmin. "It's good to finally meet you Yasmin. Jace talked a lot about you when he first came"

"So you didn't just hear about me from the Clave?" She replied cooly. Robert scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, which gave Yasmin the answer she had half expected.

"Just what I thought" Yasmin nodded at him standing up, stalking out the room. "Yasmin wait!" But she ignored the Lightwood boy.

————————————————
Yasmin sat on the table again with Ajax who had come with Magnus to the institute. They were watching Magnus improve the wards around the institute. As Robert walked away Magnus went up to Alec talking quietly to him, no doubt about his injury.

"We just can't seem to sit on chairs can we?" Laughed Ajax, when Yasmin looked at him quizzical he went on "You know, we're always sitting on the table instead of the six perfectly good chairs in this room like Isabelle is sitting on" Yasmin laughed as she understood the ironic truth of his words.

Alec seemed uncomfortable with Magnus as he practically ran away, "What up with Lightwood?" Ajax whispered in her ear.
"Who knows" she replied. Watching Meliorn reunite with Izzy. It wasn't romantic what so ever. It was cold, awkward and uncomfortable. Both downworlder-shadowhunters shifted diverting their eyes.

Lydia strutted up to Meliorn. "The Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest", Yasmin ignored Izzy protests and following conversation. She jumped up grabbing Ajax's hand pulling him towards the door.

"You have to get out of here now!" She whispered urgently. "What! Why" he asked confused.
"Lydia is placing Meliorn under arrest. She wary of us and so it the Clave. Who do you think will be next?"

From the other room she heard Lydia's voice, "And I want Yasmin Wayland and Ajax Cairstair apprehended now"

Yasmin turned to Ajax, "See what I mean! Wait. You're a Cairstair?" She was shocked at this new revelation, "Used to be, I guess it debatable if I am now" he sighed sadly.

Footsteps sounded, "Come on!" Ajax quickly grabbed her wrist quickly but Yasmin shook her head sadly. "We can't both make it out"
"What? No! Don't even think about it Yaz"
"Promise me you won't come near the institute till this is all over"
The footsteps got louder. Yasmin looked up into Ajax's acorn green eyes. He's face was torn but he reluctantly nodded, "I promise". With that he almost seemed to disappear into the shadows.

Yasmin turned back took a breath. Walking back into the main room where two shadowhunters grabbed her. She pretended to look confused, "What are you doing?" She cried out. "Yasmin Wayland you are under arrest" Lydia said calmly.

"On what grounds? She hasn't been divulging secrets" Izzy said indignantly.
"No. But she was raised by downworlders. For all we know she is a spy." Lydia shrugged continuing to talk about how it was the claves orders.

————————————————-
Heavy chains bound her wrists and chains loosely bound her feet, loose enough that she could still walk but couldn't fight or escape. Lydia almost dragged her into the training room where Izzy, Jace and Alec was. "So you must be the famous Jace Wayland" Lydia said smiling.

Jace looked shocked at his sister in chains. "I'm Lydia Branwell envoy of the Clave" she held out her hand for Jace to shake but Jace refused to. Yasmin shook her head and shrugged her shoulders at Jace's questioning look he threw at her.
"Don't believe everything you hear" He answered coldly.